mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Cheap fat bike tire - $62

Planet X/OnOne have a tire sale today, 15% off
    I find it hard to believe but they have stock on their Fat bike tire. I've been watching for this but they sell out of this tire every time they get them in. Wonder if they held some stock for this sale.
    4", 127 TPI. Ordered one to replace my Endomorph.
    About $62 Cdn. Sure beats the $150 most 127 TPI tires go for.

If you are ordering, you might want to try the On-One Smorgasbord tires as well - $25 Cdn for the 29er. Seem to be getting good reviews.
    Also they have some great prices on alt type handle bars.

Free shipping over $105.
    Code is UKTYRE15 but it is automatically filled in.

Don't forget about the time difference - sale will end this evening.

On-One Floater Fat Tyre 49.99 | Planet X

mtbr member
    Slash5 - have you dealt with On-One/Planet X before?

I ordered two of the floaters on Jan 5th. A week later I emailed asking for an update because their website was not very helpful. So far the only response I got was an apology for not responding to my email due to technical difficulties and a high volume of customer inquiries & that I should resubmit my request if I still wanted an answer.

I did that 4 days ago and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Is this typical of them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I order a lot of small stuff from them plus a bunch of frames.
    Going to re-think that after this last bunch of orders.

I've found in the past they are not very good with email but this is worse than usual.
    I've sent two inquiries to them and got the same ********.
    They short shipped one of my orders but didn't change the custom documents so I paid tax on an item I didn't get.

But to answer your question about the tires, you are probably out of luck.
    I got this:
    We're very sorry for the delay in processing your order. This was due to a technical issue over the festive period.

We have now released your order - but unfortunately the following item(s) are not available despite showing as in-stock when ordered:

TYOO26FAT-4-120-FOL-BLK - 1 - On-One Floater Fat Tyre 4.0 inch 120 TPI Folding Black

mtbr member
    Thanks for getting back to me but I sure didn't want to hear that news.

When did they send that information to you? The only other email I got was a link to a customer service survey they wanted me to fill out regarding this order.

I sent an email back and cc'd the CEO expressing my view of their customer service or lack thereof.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I got that notice on the 7th. Got notice of shipment on the 14th - a couple of Smorgasbord tires I figured I'd get since I qualified for free shipping.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donorco View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me but I sure didn't want to hear that news.

When did they send that information to you? The only other email I got was a link to a customer service survey they wanted me to fill out regarding this order.

I sent an email back and cc'd the CEO expressing my view of their customer service or lack thereof.
    Interestingly the last 4 days has for me seen a improvement on this front. Though to be fair I am dealing with a warranty issue and emailed both Planet X UK and USA. Received a prompt response from Brandon at Planet X USA that I had to deal with the UK office. Interestingly he emailed about 3 days later to see how things where. When I mentioned lack of response he mentioned he would check.

Received email from the Planet X USA head guy who is visiting Planet X UK....who I have had contact with and so on. And suddenly in the last 36 hours a email about the warranty issue and another about the small paint issue I ran into. The paint is no big deal really compared to cracked chainstays so no point in getting worked up about that.

And no....I cannot confirm if the name Unglued came up at the Planet X UK office.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    After reading your post I decided to email the USA guys as well. The next day Brandon sent me an email saying he had given the email to his boss to look into. Within 1/2hr an email from the boss asking for my phone number.

Not 5 minutes after I gave him the number he was on the phone and giving me what information he had and said that he would be chasing down the order for me.

Long story short.. I was given a tracking number and 2 days later I had the tires on my bike. Got out for a ride in the snow yesterday and I'm very happy with them!

Big thanks to the PlanetX USA guys for amazing Customer Service.