mtbr member
    May 2004

Chamois creme in Toronto (or Barrie)

Weird question, but my tub of Assos has run out, and I'm having a hell of a time finding more shammy creme. I live north of Barrie and there is nothing around here, and nothing in Barrie. I'm assuming only some higher end shops in Toronto might carry it.

I'm using Bodyglide in the meantime, but it's not ideal. I'm looking for Assos or Bag Balm...any ideas of where I can find any? If you have a source up north, that would be great too. I'm gearing up for the 8hr at Mansfield, and need to find some, and protect the boys!

rad to the power of sick
    Most shops will have chamois butt'r. If not they can order it in fairly easily.

check your LBS.

mtbr member
    You can pick up some Udder Butter at any TSC store .

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Most shops will have chamois butt'r. If not they can order it in fairly easily. Check your LBS.
    I don't want cutt'r - I find it really greasy. Looking specifically for Assos or Bag Balm, and none of the shops within an hour have anything. Unfortunately I need it for this weekend, otherwise I'd order some in.

sock puppet

Racer Sportif on Bloor and Runnymede

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder!
    I don't want cutt'r - I find it really greasy. Looking specifically for Assos or Bag Balm, and none of the shops within an hour have anything. Unfortunately I need it for this weekend, otherwise I'd order some in.
    carries Assos and have boat load of creme jugs as well...

i have been using it exclusively and it is the best butt'r on the market right now... give tham a call:

Speak to Chris or Dennis and tell them Oggie sent you... they will take a good care of you...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder!
    I'm looking for Assos or Bag Balm...any ideas of where I can find any?
    I buy my bag balm from the farm supply store in Oakville (Ren's). Cheap compared to Assos.

sock puppet

hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by sperky
    I buy my bag balm from the farm supply store in Oakville (Ren's). Cheap compared to Assos.
    cheap is not something i'd put on the top of my list of priorities when my maroons are in question...

i'd use something else only if i dont have assos on hand... but i always do...

hence, i have never had any issues of any kind with my crotch... and taking Assos to Transrockies too...

no noggs, i WILL NOT share it with you... get your own butt creme, ok...

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i have never had any issues of any kind with my crotch... and taking Assos to Transrockies too...
    i am ok with your sexuality. please enjoy responsibly!

i hear racer sportif as well, sorry i know that's a drive...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Bored
    Got to go with Assos as well. Hardwood Hills used to carry it. I think La Bicicletta might carry it.

2nd thought.. get a bunch of people together and do a group buy from Speedgoat.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.