Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I ordered from CRC last thursday and got my package yesterday. That was crazy fast. The new thing (for me) is that they used DHL which in my experience has very bad service. Unfortunatly they lived up to their reputation again.

First you cannot change the delivery address unless you pay beforehand the duty and taxes. I like to know what I'm paying for but in this case, you don't get to know before you receive your package... Canada post never has that issue as they just redirect the package to the nearest post office.

The other thing is that they made a mistake when they declared the value of my package. Instead of declaring the value of the items(about 250$) they declared some random weight information(320). So I ended up paying too much taxes. I'm trying to get them to fix this situation but their CS is pretty useless.

Anyway, I'm not gonna order from CRC again unless I get the confirmation that the shipment will be handled by Royal mail/Canada post.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I ordered a set of XT brakes and rotors.... over 2 weeks ago.
    not a sign of them, even worse now reading this. I realise this "free shipping" to Canada thing is going to be a load of crap.

2 weeks.

I needed A sram discrete bracket. only 10$ at chain reaction. 30$+ most places here.
    I can not wait 2 more weeks for a bracket. Nor can I rist whatever brokerage fees are going to be involved.

PS I did use my cc, now you all have me scared.

sock puppet

Chain Reaction Cycles shipping to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by northernblades View Post
    not a sign of them, even worse now reading this. I realise this "free shipping" to Canada thing is going to be a load of crap.

2 weeks.

I needed A sram discrete bracket. only 10$ at chain reaction. 30$+ most places here.
    I can not wait 2 more weeks for a bracket. Nor can I rist whatever brokerage fees are going to be involved.

Did you email them and inquired?

I never had any issues. Whatsoever. And I used them many times. I find their CS excellent.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Haven't had any problems with them and communication was really good when I screwed up on a spec and they held the order and fixed before shipping,
    Out of 5 orders in the last couple of years I have only paid a Can Post fee once and Hst once on an order. You may want to call. Also have never waited more than 5 business days for del. usually only 3-4

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

2 weeks.

Funny, I even read this thread, but I just ordered a set of XT brakes, and rotors, and adaptors also. received mine in about 2 weeks. Most of my orders from them have taken that long. Still a good deal. Had to get euro brake setup and swap the levers. no biggie. no bleed even.
    I did have to pay taxes and service fee this time though. about $ 50.00 total.

Dorkimus Prime
    My (frequent) packages from CRC usually arrive in 5 business days. Strange.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

sheep in FOX clothing
    Ordered a CX fork that my LBS couldn't get and added a cassette to the order since they were on sale.

I got the fork within a few days, but they shipped the items separately, which had me thinking that I'd pay the Canada customs $10 charge twice, defeating the purpose of stuff being on sale. But as it turned out, taxes and the fee were only added to the fork package.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    even worse now reading this. I realise this "free shipping" to Canada thing is going to be a load of crap.
    Funny, I would have said this thread is 5 pages of mostly positive experiences with just a couple of posts having problems. You always run the risk of paying taxes but that's still better than buying locally.
    I usually expect 10 days from the UK, find that it's often 7 days , and occasionally it's only 4-5.
    If I have a deadline I buy locally or from Jenson.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    they say this Thursday will be 15 working days, and they will reship the parcel.
    they told me to check my post office today first.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    AS everybody else, I find ordering from CRC hit and miss on the Duties, but often around ~5-7 days for delivery. I just ordered a pile of stuff from Wiggle (Wiggle | Cycle | Run | Swim | Tri-Sports & Bike Shop) they are more of a trail running place but have opened up to bikes, etc... chose to pay for the upgrade on shipping (5-7 days), which I think was an extra $10, placing the order on Friday expecting towards the end of this week... imagine my surprise when it arrived Monday afternoon! BUT, I got hit with Duties... Called DHL and got their automated reason as to why... sucks, but still saved in the end and I didn't have to leave my house.
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Duties or taxes? Then again, clothes and shoes have high duty. Bike parts are duty free.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Duties or taxes? Then again, clothes and shoes have high duty. Bike parts are duty free.
    Both,

Duty
    GST
    Processing Fee
    Collect on Delivery Fee

Shall we say bend over and smile

mtbr member
    I got nailed with taxes and Canada post handling fee on my latest order, but it was the first time I've been "caught", so I can't complain too much.
    '10 Hardrock Sport Disc

mtbr member
    I like CRC for the prices and some of their products are top quality. I bought my pedals and shoes from them and paid no duties or taxes. Just ordered shorts with chamois lining last Sunday as they were offering free shipping. It hasn't arrived yet but I am always nervous about duties and taxes. Compared to what LBSs charge in Toronto, I am paying half!
    '11 Epic Comp, Shimano SPD M780, Giant Contact Switch-R, Specialized Ribcage, Bontrager Trip 200

mtbr member
    I've placed 20 or so orders with them over the past 2 years for myself and/or others, (much more so this winter and summer). I have found that this time of year you're more likely to pay tax (which you'd pay here anyway) and the $10 processing fee than busier shipping months like christmas when most go through unchecked. Any time it's shipped DHL you'll pay as they broker their own packages through customs and waive nothing through

My longest wait was a few weeks ago when it took 14 days. They just shipped another today so we'll see. Mostly it shows up at the door 5-7 days which is amazing considering I can't ship a standard package in Canada that fast.
    Return policy is excellent and any mistakes they make (and they have made a bunch) or warranty items they have been great paying the shipping both ways on.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    I place a order at chain reaction just before July 1, Got a 10% discount for Canada Day, free shipping, and when it arrived at the post office in 5 days, no tax's! That I didn't expect.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I ordered last Sunday and it came yesterday.

mtbr member
    They must be more vigilant in Quebec with the taxes and the duty fee, or I'm just insanely unlucky. I've ordered from CRC probably 6-8 times in the last two years and I've always been charged. (It's still cheaper, and with a larger selection than buying local.)

For what it's worth a lot of places in the US are now offering shipping to Canada via. USPS/Canada Post. I just did an order from Bikeman in Maine and while slow (routed through JFK to Toronto, 1 week in customs, and then to Montreal), I was only charged tax and and the 10$ duty fee.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    This is an interesting point... I may look more into this. I also placed an order with CRC for a R shifter, from order to arrival at my door it was 6 business days, more importantly no duty or taxes added (only the 1 item).

If I recall correctly my larger order from Wiggle the packing slip as I had ordered both clothes and bike parts listed it all under clothing... hmm... I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to track it all down and see if I get a refund on my taxes for the bike parts...

mtbr member
    Ordered a cassette,chain and shifter on July 20th, got an email on the 21st saying everything had been dispatched.
    It is now the 31st (9 business days) and no sign of anything yet.
    I have never had an issue with CRC before, so hopefully it shows up soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Ordered a cassette and chain with the free shipping promotion on the 21st, shipped on the 22nd and arrived today on the 31st.
    So 10 days including the day of shipping and day of arrival.
    No taxes or fees.

mtbr member
    Ordered a cassette and chain with the free shipping promotion on the 21st, shipped on the 22nd and arrived today on the 31st.
    So 10 days including the day of shipping and day of arrival.
    No taxes or fees.
    Where in Canada are you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hamilton

mtbr member
    Hamilton
    Interesting. I'm just outside Halifax and my package was dispatched one day before yours, but I have yet to see it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's not. Every one of my dozens of orders has shown up.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast