Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 415
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr.Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    Well, the issue was customs thinking my 262 bill was on British pounds. They converted it to almost 480 CAD and I got taxed on that amount. I had to pay and will request a refund
    Thats happened to me too. They gave me a refund.

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1
    I just placed an order and chose the non tracking Canada Post option. Today I got an dispatched email and it still have a tracking number and is sent by Parcelforce. Does that mean I will be hit with the taxes and duties? Did they send it by the wrong service since when I check out I chose non tracked and I still got a tracking number? Thanks.

  3. #303
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by ldna View Post
    I just placed an order and chose the non tracking Canada Post option. Today I got an dispatched email and it still have a tracking number and is sent by Parcelforce. Does that mean I will be hit with the taxes and duties? Did they send it by the wrong service since when I check out I chose non tracked and I still got a tracking number? Thanks.
    Canada post will carry the package in Canada.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  4. #304
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by ldna View Post
    I just placed an order and chose the non tracking Canada Post option. Today I got an dispatched email and it still have a tracking number and is sent by Parcelforce. Does that mean I will be hit with the taxes and duties? Did they send it by the wrong service since when I check out I chose non tracked and I still got a tracking number? Thanks.
    Sounds like it, non-tracked means non-tracked. Perhaps the value of the order was such that they didn't want to risk it not being tracked.

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    Sounds like it, non-tracked means non-tracked. Perhaps the value of the order was such that they didn't want to risk it not being tracked.
    Generally speaking, it's more size than value. Once the parcel gets past a certain size it always ships via the premium service; handlebars, rims, and forks for instance always get shipped with one of the courier services so you always get dinged with taxes & fees on delivery.

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    Well, the issue was customs thinking my 262 bill was on British pounds. They converted it to almost 480 CAD and I got taxed on that amount. I had to pay and will request a refund
    This has happened to me 4/4 of my orders with CRC. Each time I reasoned with myself that the annoying paperwork to dispute customs charges was not worth the 10 - 30 bucks difference. It has added up, though, so I ended up emailing CRC. Unfortunately, if you choose to pay in CDN currency they cannot/will not report a value in GBP on the package. They did say, however, that we can elect to pay in GBP which would then have GBP listed on the customs forms. Given that customs seems to be applying the exchange rate regardless of currency... it makes sense to have it listed as GBP so they can convert something that actually needs converting. It'll result in a couple extra points being added by the credit card company for doing the conversion... but it's less than the 40% extra in taxes I've been paying.

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Honestly its not worth it to buy anything online right now ... because all their pricing is done in the US currency.....The simple act of buying something online causes your bill to go up by 25% ($1 CAD = $0.75 USD).

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BatoMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    43
    OK ! Sorry if this was covered already in the tread but i just cost myself extra $40 on the order by selecting the shipping "free and tracked" free tracked shipping is through the DHL and they have policy to rip you off.
    I believe the first option is the best free no tracking, you can actual get away and get free shipping with that one in my rush i have selected worst possible option.

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by headshok2002 View Post
    Unfortunately, if you choose to pay in CDN currency they cannot/will not report a value in GBP on the package. They did say, however, that we can elect to pay in GBP which would then have GBP listed on the customs forms. Given that customs seems to be applying the exchange rate regardless of currency... it makes sense to have it listed as GBP so they can convert something that actually needs converting. It'll result in a couple extra points being added by the credit card company for doing the conversion... but it's less than the 40% extra in taxes I've been paying.
    Just received an order. All values on customs deceleration, invoice and packing slip were indicated in CAD.

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    54
    Just bought a tire. $80 Cdn. $10 shipping initially. Came in 4 days with an extra $27 charge from DHL. It was a surprise to me.
    Cheers,

  11. #311
    YYZ
    YYZ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    262
    Bought about 110 bucks worth of small goodies, 25$ customs charge, and I went through hell just trying to find the package.
    I use Canada Posts FlexDelivery service where they drop the package of at my post office and not on my open door step for the neighbors to steal. When the package arrives at the post office, an email stating it's arrival is instantly sent to me, however this hasn't been the case for the past 2 packages, both from CRC.

  12. #312
    Come on, dare me!
    Reputation: Jerome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    507
    I've had the same issues as you several times with CRC. Now, I order only through bikediscount.de and hibike.com in Germany. Great prices on almost everything, great selection, reasonable shipping fees (about CA$30) and I just paid taxes on one of my shipments (for a total of 4 or 5).

  13. #313
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Got lucky on a helmet from CRC. Picked non-tracked free shipping. It got sent Parcelforce then Canada Post, was tracked, was fast (four days?) and had no taxes or duties.

  14. #314
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,203
    One thing I've noticed is the tendency for CRC to list the items on the Customs Invoice as Cycling Goods, no matter what it is, and the default CRA interpretation is cycling clothing with a healthy dose of 30% duty on it. I suggested that the best way to be truthfully vague was to describe them as Bicycle Parts which generally have 0% duty.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,711
    well, it took 2 months, but I got my $30 refund from Canada Customs
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    319
    I just received an order from CRC and had to pay 19.50 GST and 9.95 handling costs on a $150.95 order. It was shipped the free non tracked method and took 15 days to get here. It was listed as New Cycling Goods on the form.

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Yep, that's standard. Luck of the draw - sometimes you get away without but you should always assume you'll have to pay that. I've had to pay that on pretty well every CRC order for the last year or more. Then again, my last two Merlin orders were free.

  18. #318
    Some guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    293
    Anybody have any updated experiences here? Seems CRC has revamped their shipping options a little bit.

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by McGuillicuddy View Post
    Anybody have any updated experiences here? Seems CRC has revamped their shipping options a little bit.
    I just saw a CRC ad on Pinkbike saying that no duties will be charged for orders less than $800. But I dont know if that applies to Canadian buyers.

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    That's the new US amount. We are still $25.

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    That's the new US amount. We are still $25.
    In your dreams. We're still at $20. We've been stuck there since 1985.

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,156
    Hows shipping time been for people? I ordered some stuff almost 3 weeks ago and havent seen it yet. Ordered my mtzoom bars (from uk)the same day and they showed up a week ago.

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31
    As I recall I've always received my shipments in one to two weeks but it's been over two weeks since my last order. I find that when I order from outside of Canada, the longer I have to wait the less I'm likely to have to pay taxes and duty. It seems that Canada Post puts through more quickly orders for which they will be collecting money.

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoshM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Hows shipping time been for people? I ordered some stuff almost 3 weeks ago and havent seen it yet. Ordered my mtzoom bars (from uk)the same day and they showed up a week ago.

    I placed an order on March 2nd, received an email saying it was dispatched on March 4th. Today 15 business days later, still not in my mail today.
    It's a long weekend now and I won't see any mail until Tuesday of next week. If I don't see it next week then I will email.

    I've ordered tons of stuff, sometimes it takes forever, sometimes it takes under a week. It always seems to show up though.
    If you see much more than 15 full business days then you should email them.

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,156
    I got mine yesterday, I think you are right on the timing. I ordered a carbon bar from mt zoom (165cad) abd my crc order (105cad) both shipped on same day, crc order took an extra week but no duty paid on either this time !!! I have really good luck

  26. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    jensonusa.com is looking like the better option these days shipping is free if you spend over $150 USD you get free shipping. You still pay taxes but at least there is no surprise fees and your package gets to you relatively quick.

  27. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    70
    Placed my order for a Renthal stem on Apr 4 in the evening. It shipped out the next day on April 5 and arrived April 18. No tax or duties were applied even though the parcel was clearly marked with a $116 value.

    Thinking of ordering carbon bars next but heard they ship via courier for handlebars (meaning I'll likely be paying brokerage/duty/taxes). Can anyone confirm this?

  28. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    213
    I just ordered Renthal bars and a Saint rear derailleur from CR and had the option to use post rather than courier. They are in transit now, we will see if I win the brokerage fee lottery or not....

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    62
    Placed an order with CRC last Thursday on some clothing and gloves, didn't realize there would be 18% duties! Total on CRC was $380 CAD with free shipping, had to pay another $150 duties and HST after duty!

    Lucky enough, DHL only dinged about $10 for brokerage fees! Surprised it came in this quickly though from the other side of the ocean!

  30. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by htjunkie View Post
    Placed an order with CRC last Thursday on some clothing and gloves, didn't realize there would be 18% duties! Total on CRC was $380 CAD with free shipping, had to pay another $150 duties and HST after duty!

    Lucky enough, DHL only dinged about $10 for brokerage fees! Surprised it came in this quickly though from the other side of the ocean!
    Did you pay the $150 or not ?

  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by htjunkie View Post
    Placed an order with CRC last Thursday on some clothing and gloves, didn't realize there would be 18% duties! Total on CRC was $380 CAD with free shipping, had to pay another $150 duties and HST after duty!

    Lucky enough, DHL only dinged about $10 for brokerage fees! Surprised it came in this quickly though from the other side of the ocean!
    I got caught on that one too. Bought a pair of riding shorts and any savings I thought I was getting got eaten up by the duty on clothing. Lesson learned.

  32. #332
    broken clavicle club
    Reputation: horto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Good job!

    CRC order last Thursday April 28, delivered to my door in Toronto today, Monday May 2. That's 4 days from across the pond!!! Amazing.

    Less than $75 and no duty/import charges from Canada Post.

  33. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    70
    Just ordered two sets of knee/elbow pads (for me and the gf) and a pair of grips last weekend. I chose the free shipping option without tracking. However, they were shipped via parcelforce and tracking is available. Is that the same as royal mail? Does anyone know if it will deliver via Canada Post? Hoping I don't get dinged with duties/taxes..

  34. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9
    I have had 3 orders in the past 2 months. All shipped by the 'untracked' post method. One package came with nothing owing, the other two only cost HST.

  35. #335
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,826
    Quote Originally Posted by stanza View Post
    Just ordered two sets of knee/elbow pads (for me and the gf) and a pair of grips last weekend. I chose the free shipping option without tracking. However, they were shipped via parcelforce and tracking is available. Is that the same as royal mail? Does anyone know if it will deliver via Canada Post? Hoping I don't get dinged with duties/taxes..
    Yes, Parcel Force is Royal Mail.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  36. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    170
    I ordered a new Hope rear wheel ($400), shipped last Thursday and arrived in NB today.
    Seven days and looks like the only charge is HST.

  37. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hello there,

    Just sharing my experience with CRC so far.

    Back in September 2014 I ordered a Body Armour, Handlebar, Grease and Lube for a total of 220$. It was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (With tracking number) and if I remember correctly I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Last May I ordered the X-tools bike Tool Kit for a total of 68$ which once again was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (with Tracking number) and I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Then last week I ordered another Body Armour for my wife along with 1 Jersey and a Pair of knee pads for a total of 250$ however this time I used the "Standard Tracked - Free" option instead of "Standard Postal - Free" and my parcel was shipped with DHL with an extra 60$ fees attached to it which I think is completely ridiculous.

    I now want to upgrade my drivetrain to Shimano M8000 which is 700$ Canadian and I'm very hesitant about ordering from CRC again. I was thinking about using the "Standard Postal - Free" option once again but I don't want to get any bad surprises.

    I looked at JensonUSA which has the same prices as CRC and no extra, hidden fees however I never bought anything from them and it seems some of the M8000 stuff is indefinitely backordered.

  38. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MontrealMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyl3n0L View Post
    Hello there,

    Just sharing my experience with CRC so far.

    Back in September 2014 I ordered a Body Armour, Handlebar, Grease and Lube for a total of 220$. It was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (With tracking number) and if I remember correctly I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Last May I ordered the X-tools bike Tool Kit for a total of 68$ which once again was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (with Tracking number) and I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Then last week I ordered another Body Armour for my wife along with 1 Jersey and a Pair of knee pads for a total of 250$ however this time I used the "Standard Tracked - Free" option instead of "Standard Postal - Free" and my parcel was shipped with DHL with an extra 60$ fees attached to it which I think is completely ridiculous.

    I now want to upgrade my drivetrain to Shimano M8000 which is 700$ Canadian and I'm very hesitant about ordering from CRC again. I was thinking about using the "Standard Postal - Free" option once again but I don't want to get any bad surprises.

    I looked at JensonUSA which has the same prices as CRC and no extra, hidden fees however I never bought anything from them and it seems some of the M8000 stuff is indefinitely backordered.
    I ordered several times from JensonsUSA and was never disappointed.
    If the price is right, don't hesitate to order from them.


    -Marc

  39. #339
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyl3n0L View Post
    Hello there,

    Just sharing my experience with CRC so far.

    Back in September 2014 I ordered a Body Armour, Handlebar, Grease and Lube for a total of 220$. It was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (With tracking number) and if I remember correctly I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Last May I ordered the X-tools bike Tool Kit for a total of 68$ which once again was shipped with Parcelforce/Canada Post (with Tracking number) and I didn't pay any extra fees.

    Then last week I ordered another Body Armour for my wife along with 1 Jersey and a Pair of knee pads for a total of 250$ however this time I used the "Standard Tracked - Free" option instead of "Standard Postal - Free" and my parcel was shipped with DHL with an extra 60$ fees attached to it which I think is completely ridiculous.

    I now want to upgrade my drivetrain to Shimano M8000 which is 700$ Canadian and I'm very hesitant about ordering from CRC again. I was thinking about using the "Standard Postal - Free" option once again but I don't want to get any bad surprises.

    I looked at JensonUSA which has the same prices as CRC and no extra, hidden fees however I never bought anything from them and it seems some of the M8000 stuff is indefinitely backordered.
    Right off CR's web site.

    Orders to Canada over $20 may be subject to Canadian import duties and admin fees. As we have no control over these, please consult with Canadian customs authorities to confirm associated costs
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12
    I just bought a reverb. It was shipped on May 30th and arrived on the 6th. Somehow, I didn't get taxed when I received it. They used parcel force despite of the fact that I choose the "non-tracked" option. Usually it goes through postnl (usually takes 3 weeks).. guess it's price is too high to risk.

  41. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80

    CRC isn't worth it anymore

    Chain Reaction Cycles shipping to Canada-p_20160603_011958.jpg

  42. #342
    Workin for the weekend!
    Reputation: -Todd-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,264
    Why doesn't anyone challege the customs agency? No need to be intimidated, start at the post office an tell them you want to challenge the tariff. Is better to know what the tax classification is for what you ordered.

    Many hard parts won't be taxed the same as soft goods, there are a few historic agreements,on textiles that are still archaicly enforced. Get the list, challenge the customs officials, get your money back.

    Importing by Mail

    https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/m...Gcustoms-e.asp

    Importing by Mail
    Todd

  43. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    170
    Tax and a $9.95 handling fee seems like a pretty good deal for a package sent from across the pond? I was surprised that's all I had to pay for a package as large as a rear wheel considering a small box I recently mailed across Canada cost almost $40 for a 7 day delivery.
    As stated earlier in the thread there should be no duty charged on components but there is duty on clothes and shoes.

  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    Why doesn't anyone challege the customs agency? No need to be intimidated, start at the post office an tell them you want to challenge the tariff. Is better to know what the tax classification is for what you ordered.

    Many hard parts won't be taxed the same as soft goods, there are a few historic agreements,on textiles that are still archaicly enforced. Get the list, challenge the customs officials, get your money back.

    Importing by Mail

    https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/m...Gcustoms-e.asp

    Importing by Mail
    agreed. On 2 orders from the UK recently I got dinged with duty of 18% (IIRC) on bike parts which are supposed to be duty free.

    I had to pay up front and claim through customs, but I did eventually get my money back.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

  45. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddwick25 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20160603_011958.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	1074689
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat-in-Fundy View Post
    Tax and a $9.95 handling fee seems like a pretty good deal for a package sent from across the pond?
    I agree with Fat-in-Fundy.

    Chaddwick all that is is tax and a $9.95 handling fee...were you expecting to not pay either? Yours is the best expected result.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

  46. #346
    Workin for the weekend!
    Reputation: -Todd-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    agreed. On 2 orders from the UK recently I got dinged with duty of 18% (IIRC) on bike parts which are supposed to be duty free.

    I had to pay up front and claim through customs, but I did eventually get my money back.
    Nice. Was it a pain to do or was it simple? Any chance you can detail the steps?
    Todd

  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddwick25 View Post
    CRC isn't worth it anymore
    Why - because you had to pay tax? No duty on that screen shot. Thats a possibility with any online purchase. I always assume I'll have to pay tax and it's a nice surprise when I don't.
    It's well documented, even in this thread, that if you select the tracked shipping it will come DHL and you will get dinged with duty and brokerage fees. The CRC site even says for the tracked shipping:
    All orders over $20 will incur Canadian import duty + a handling charge from our courier.

    Jenson charges hefty shipping fees and then taxes too - so no chance of avoiding them, they are paid up front. I'd rather have the hope of not paying them. Plus everyone says Jenson shipping is very slow.

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    70
    My CRC order arrived yesterday. On a $541 order, I paid $70 in taxes plus $10 handling fee. Honestly, can't complain as it's still cheaper than ordering from the states or Canada.

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    Nice. Was it a pain to do or was it simple? Any chance you can detail the steps?
    you need to fill in a form found here:

    Importing by Mail

    Keep in mind the refund takes months to receive.

    It's all in this thread earlier on.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Why - because you had to pay tax? No duty on that screen shot. Thats a possibility with any online purchase. I always assume I'll have to pay tax and it's a nice surprise when I don't.
    It's well documented, even in this thread, that if you select the tracked shipping it will come DHL and you will get dinged with duty and brokerage fees. The CRC site even says for the tracked shipping:
    All orders over $20 will incur Canadian import duty + a handling charge from our courier.

    Jenson charges hefty shipping fees and then taxes too - so no chance of avoiding them, they are paid up front. I'd rather have the hope of not paying them. Plus everyone says Jenson shipping is very slow.
    I have to respectfully disagree. If you spend 150 USD with Jenson you pay HST 13% and you get free shipping which takes about 1 week for delivery. If you spend the same about with CRC you also get free shipping but its 2 weeks and the and you would still pay HST 13% but you will get an additional $10 handling from customs. But CRC has better prices and a wider range of products...... I am just hoping for the loonie to get stronger.

  51. #351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddwick25 View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. If you spend 150 USD with Jenson you pay HST 13% and you get free shipping which takes about 1 week for delivery. If you spend the same about with CRC you also get free shipping but its 2 weeks and the and you would still pay HST 13% but you will get an additional $10 handling from customs. But CRC has better prices and a wider range of products...... I am just hoping for the loonie to get stronger.
    With Jenson, you have to pay tax/duty/handling EVERY time.

    If you select non-tracked shipping with CRC, there is a chance you might NOT have to pay tax/duty/handling and that is CRC's advantage over Jenson in my eyes.

  52. #352
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by stanza View Post
    With Jenson, you have to pay tax/duty/handling EVERY time.

    If you select non-tracked shipping with CRC, there is a chance you might NOT have to pay tax/duty/handling and that is CRC's advantage over Jenson in my eyes.
    I totally agree.

  53. #353
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RicThot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    111
    Plus, US dollars break any deals these days for us Canadians...

    I just received my latest order from CRC for 2 MTB tires. Order total, 100$, total taxes and fees, 25%, yep, did I care? Hell no, ended up paying 62.50 CAD each for something that is sold 99$+TX each at Lbs so still a good deal!

    Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

  54. #354
    YYZ
    YYZ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    262
    I had a great experience with CRC and Canada Post this time! I ordered just over $100 worth of goodies on the fifth of this month and sent it to a FlexDelivery address. Picked the package up today, no fees.

  55. #355
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9
    Well, I may have to change my thoughts on the 'send it regular non-tracked post' and have a 50/50 chance of 0 fees. Looks like I have had 2 orders disappear somewhere on their way to me... Expensive lesson.

  56. #356
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dgage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    548
    Not really, Let CRC know and they will reship or refund your money.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

  57. #357
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    agreed. On 2 orders from the UK recently I got dinged with duty of 18% (IIRC) on bike parts which are supposed to be duty free.

    I had to pay up front and claim through customs, but I did eventually get my money back.


    Thank you, that helps a lot. I'll be doing this as my 3rd separate order of $113.xx got dinged by CBSA.

  58. #358
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twodragunns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    29
    Why buy across the pond and get stung on this end by exorbitant duty costs when the same parts are available in B.C. Canada @ tbs bike parts - https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/ for the same or less?
    Forget CRC and Jensen's cause you can purchase the same stuff for less and have your parts faster. Three Canadian riders decided to open TBS Bike Parts and I'm buying my parts from this Canadian distributor from now on.
    I just put Saint brakes on my enduro for $199 a side! This was cheaper than both CRC and Jensen's!
    After a night of chicken wings and beer, I like being out front sharing the exhaust!

  59. #359
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by twodragunns View Post
    Why buy across the pond and get stung on this end by exorbitant duty costs when the same parts are available in B.C. Canada @ tbs bike parts - https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/ for the same or less?
    Forget CRC and Jensen's cause you can purchase the same stuff for less and have your parts faster. Three Canadian riders decided to open TBS Bike Parts and I'm buying my parts from this Canadian distributor from now on.
    I just put Saint brakes on my enduro for $199 a side! This was cheaper than both CRC and Jensen's!
    Can confirm, TBS has been good to me. And they'll set you up with stuff that isn't on their website.

    The only thing is our tax rate. Sometimes it is worth it to take the ding from CRC or take the chance of not paying any duties on what you bring in.

  60. #360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60
    Hey guys, I had an issue with my NukeProof Trail seat so CRC is sending me out a replacement. To my disappointment, they are using DHL Express and in preparation I am expecting some kind of fee possibly even though the item is free to me.

    If I do end up getting stuck with some kind of fee from DHL, how would I go about fighting it?

    I wish they used regular mail, I had no say in the shipping matter

  61. #361
    X-Ray Guy
    Reputation: Jawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    320
    I just got my second order in 4 weeks from CRC and i got hit this time by customs. Ordered $150 CAD and got a charge for $40 ($10 handling/ $30 hst) on items worth $300 so I cant really complain.

    They did over claim the value of the items for taxes so i assume they converted they claimed value to canadian money as if it was british pounds cause the assessed value was $235. I took 5 minutes and mail out a reassessment form to CASB and we'll see where that goes.

    MY order 3 weeks about for a new 105 road crankset and BB was much cheaper than Jensun and never got pegged for any duty.

    I will keep ordering as long as the economics work out in my favour. Paying HST isnt that bad

  62. #362
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,826
    You didn't pay duty, just tax and a brokerage fee. Jenson collects the tax up front, so you did pay tax with them.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  63. #363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    I swear that CRC has been flagged by customs. I always have to pay for CRC and almost never for Merlin, Ribble and PlanetX.

  64. #364
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    I just got nabbed for a $130 Merlin shipment. They are now using some Spanish service called Trakpak that seems to be handled like EMS... which is probably why it got the attention of customs.

  65. #365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    219
    For what its worth, I just received a CRC order of tires, brake pads and a liter of Shimano mineral oil. I opted for the non-tracked option (which is actually tracked) and didn't have to pay anything to actually receive it. Score.

  66. #366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    502
    Seems the norm - order around or just over $100 and use the standard free shipping option and it may slide through.

    A set of tires a few months ago at $110, then last week needed tires for both myself and my buddy, 5 in total. We split it up into 2 orders each just over $100 (free shipping). The 1st 3 tires (1st package) arrived within 5 business days and no charges and both orders shipped within 3min of each other according to the confirmation email. Still haven't received the 2nd package (2 tires) which I find a bit odd, but they are spares so don't need them anytime soon. If we get dinged on this 2nd shipment I can't complain at all...

    D
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

  67. #367
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    With Canada Post delivery its does seem to be a bit of a toss up as to if you get dinged or not. In the last few months I've had one shipment from CRC and one out of two shipments from Merlin that got hit.

    I just place another CRC order yesterday and I accidentally left the free tracked option selected so of course got notification today that it shipped out via DHL... doh! Not looking forward to getting bent over by DHL for brokerage fees and incidentals for this one.

  68. #368
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    I just got nabbed for a $130 Merlin shipment. They are now using some Spanish service called Trakpak that seems to be handled like EMS... which is probably why it got the attention of customs.
    How did that come to the door? Canada Post or a courier? Looking at placing a Merlin order.

  69. #369
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    How did that come to the door? Canada Post or a courier? Looking at placing a Merlin order.
    I was delivered by Canada Post. 2nd shipment using Trakpak came through without any charges, so this new shipping is 50/50 for me so far.

  70. #370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    I was delivered by Canada Post. 2nd shipment using Trakpak came through without any charges, so this new shipping is 50/50 for me so far.
    Super, thanks. They've got the 11 speed 105 gear set for $235, awfully tempting.

  71. #371
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoshM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    516
    Chain reaction no longer shipping SRAM/Rockshox products outside of the EU.
    Bummer.

  72. #372
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,951
    Which courier is used by chain reaction?

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  73. #373
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,951
    I hate ups

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  74. #374
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoshM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    516
    It's usually DHL

  75. #375
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dgage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    548
    Had another order from chain reaction delivered on Thursday..less than two weeks to get here, free shipping, no taxes or service charge at the post office either. Was only just over a $100 though.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

  76. #376
    X-Ray Guy
    Reputation: Jawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    I just got my second order in 4 weeks from CRC and i got hit this time by customs. Ordered $150 CAD and got a charge for $40 ($10 handling/ $30 hst) on items worth $300 so I cant really complain.

    They did over claim the value of the items for taxes so i assume they converted they claimed value to canadian money as if it was british pounds cause the assessed value was $235. I took 5 minutes and mail out a reassessment form to CASB and we'll see where that goes.

    MY order 3 weeks about for a new 105 road crankset and BB was much cheaper than Jensun and never got pegged for any duty.

    I will keep ordering as long as the economics work out in my favour. Paying HST isnt that bad


    Just got my cheque from customs canada for $15. So i only ended up paying $170 for $300 worth of parts with all the brokerage and taxes added in. Most of the parts i bought were not available or cheaper than Jensun for reference.

  77. #377
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,951
    Are the prices in pound or Canadian?

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  78. #378
    X-Ray Guy
    Reputation: Jawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Are the prices in pound or Canadian?

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    There is a drop down option to change currency to CAD.

  79. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stew325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    384
    Looking at a set of XTR pedals there last night. They now seem to have different prices for the Canadian market. NOT JUST CURRENCY EXCHANGE. they were $140 CAD or $86 USD. That is kinda bull****! They are also 86 USD at Jenson, but $113 CAD. I've never seen them do this before.

  80. #380
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by stew325 View Post
    Looking at a set of XTR pedals there last night. They now seem to have different prices for the Canadian market. NOT JUST CURRENCY EXCHANGE. they were $140 CAD or $86 USD. That is kinda bull****! They are also 86 USD at Jenson, but $113 CAD. I've never seen them do this before.
    That looks like a mistake of some sort. The XTR M9000 Race are out of wack when you compare pricing for ship Canada vs. US but the XTR M9020 Trail are not.

  81. #381
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stew325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    That looks like a mistake of some sort. The XTR M9000 Race are out of wack when you compare pricing for ship Canada vs. US but the XTR M9020 Trail are not.
    Oh, thanks for checking that out! Didn't think if checking the trails. I sent them an email, but won't hear back until Monday at least.

  82. #382
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stew325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    384
    Just looked at a bunch of parts prices. Most have higher prices for Canadian market. Much more than just exchange rate. Don't remember ever seeing this on any other sites. So now Canadians even get gouged buying online. Seems to be just the currency exchange with Jenson USA though.

  83. #383
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fritZman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I hate ups

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    +1!!!

    I recently had non-bike stuff shipped from the States via UPS and it was a nightmare. I haven't used them in over 7 years and it seems like they're still just as bad. They wanted $60Cdn in 'handling' and HST for a $100Cdn item. Got it down to $30 but it still took a week to actually get the part even though it was in my city the whole time.

    W/R to CRC, last week an order I had been waiting for 4+ weeks was returned to CRC due to address issues - even though I've used the same saved address for years. I really get the sense that it's Canada Post screwing things up and slowing things down for some reason. Orders from UK and China used to take 2 weeks, 3 tops. Now it's 4-5 weeks - IF it arrives at all. Last two eBay shipments from Asia took 6 weeks and one tire was slashed by border inspector's knife - never again.

    As a result of Canada Post/border's new stall tactics I've decide to eliminate them from the shipping equation. I've switched back to US vendors (TreeFort bikes/Jenson/eBay/AeBike) and have it shipped for to US border town (myUSAddress is good) where I can take a couple of hours to pick it up. Parts arrive fast & reliably, shipping is tracked and cheap/free, and duty is manageable (often $0 when it's below $100Cdn).
    www.ottawavelo.com - MTB & Gravel lifestyle in Eastern Ontario

  84. #384
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    9
    CRC has always been good to me. The free non-tracked shipping option is nice if you're not in a hurry for stuff since you have a chance of not being charged duty and you don't get hit with the courier handling fee, but you'll be waiting longer. The "free" tracked option, is nice if you're in a hurry as it typically only takes 4-8 days, but you will ALWAYS get hit for duty and a handling fee, so it's not "really" free shipping. It is a shame they're no longer shipping SRAM products.

    Someone above asked what couriers CRC uses. The answer is that it depends on what's cheapest for them. On stuff I've ordered in the past (To Canada), small stuff will tend to come via DHL while larger stuff that still qualifies for free shipping, like wire bead tires and wheels will more often come Parcelforce Worldwide. Parcelforce will take slightly longer than DHL, but they don't charge a handling fee.

    With Jenson, I see they now offer a free shipping option to Canada, something not available the last time I looked, but the exchange rate is a killer these days and if you get hit with duty... With Jensen, you need a pretty killer sale to make it really worthwhile.

    That said, I tend to use mail-order for tools and small parts, but buy major components and frames locally. Small parts have the highest markup and so prices will vary greatly between the LBS and on-line sellers. Unless you're going for old stock, I find you rarely get a better deal on line for shocks or forks than what a good LBS will sell it to you for. When I bought my X2 from United in Edmonton, they had to special order it in for me and still gave me a price at least $100 cheaper than anywhere I could find it on-line.

  85. #385
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flugelbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by stew325 View Post
    Just looked at a bunch of parts prices. Most have higher prices for Canadian market. Much more than just exchange rate. Don't remember ever seeing this on any other sites. So now Canadians even get gouged buying online. Seems to be just the currency exchange with Jenson USA though.
    I'm also noticing that, but easily jumped over by just going ".com" instead of ".ca"; at least it has been working until I recently got a pair of non-folded tires, which customs charged me 20 bucks...

  86. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by fritZman View Post
    As a result of Canada Post/border's new stall tactics I've decide to eliminate them from the shipping equation. I've switched back to US vendors (TreeFort bikes/Jenson/eBay/AeBike) and have it shipped for to US border town (myUSAddress is good) where I can take a couple of hours to pick it up. Parts arrive fast & reliably, shipping is tracked and cheap/free, and duty is manageable (often $0 when it's below $100Cdn).
    I've been wondering this as well. CRC untracked and other stuff out the UK used to take about 10-12 business days. The last few months, it's been more like 5 weeks. For my last CRC shipment I was actually past the timeframe where, in their FAQ, they recommend putting a claim in. Even tracked, say Parcel Force, if it goes through Canada Post customs, you can see it generally makes our border within a 2-3 days, then can sit there for weeks. I had a shock shipped in from Poland last year and 3 days it took to get to our border, then sat there for 3 weeks.

    For stuff coming out of the US, you really need to be careful. When the dollar went for par, Amazon.com, for instance, started applying an arbitrary tax which not surprisingly raised the price to almost exactly what the item(s) cost on Amazon.ca. Some other web stores are more sneaky, and show pre-adjusted prices based on the region your IP address shows and you'd need to proxy in order to see "local" pricing. Same kind of geo-blocking Youtube and Netflix uses. Usually, when it's coming from the US, I find the exchange rate + duty to be on par with, and even higher than, local pricing for many things. You have to be getting a killer deal to make it worthwhile. I always assume I'll get hit with duty. If the saving margin is so small that duty matters that much...might as well just buy it local anyway. If you live near the boarder, then ya, myUSAddress is definitely the way to go!!

    On a side note, isn't sporting equipment supposed to be duty free though?

  87. #387
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    I would recommend trying out TBS Bike Parts. I've been ordering off of them for the past 2 ish years and have always received great service. No need to worry about faulty exchange rates or duty with them!

    https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/

  88. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    I've never seen stuff sit at Customs - usually in one day and out the next.
    Just had a couple of 27.5 + tires arrive from Merlin, ordered on the 4th, shipping notice same day but tracking # on the 6th, arrived on the 14th. But since I have the stupid mailbox thing, couldn't actually get them till the Monday. Got hit with taxes and fee.
    I think the customs people must be ramping up for the Xmas rush, I've been hit with taxes on both Merlin and Ribble. Got another Ribble order on it's way, have to see what happens.

  89. #389
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flugelbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    274
    I've had stuff taxed by customs, from Amazon... recently.

  90. #390
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Element36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61
    Just placed order last night, since I have been shopping for Chain/Cassette/Derailleur. CRC still best $. (XT $160CAD for all 3)
    Chose lowest shipping as usual.. and today started getting texts from DHL that my shipment is on it's way..
    Last time DHL delivered, it was $30 fee and another $50. That was a few years ago.
    Says signature required.. which usually means have the credit card handy, instead of "Hey, there's a package on the bench by the front door"... creating a smile.

    Depending on what happens I have bookmarked https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/ will check them out better in the future, now that I know about them. But, as many have found CRC+fees may still be cheaper.. only +20 for the parts I ordered, but with tax and shipping what I ordered is $227 from Tbs. Still cheaper than my lbs for parts.

    Here's hoping DHL does not show up wanting more than $60. :-)
    night riding - it's an adiction

  91. #391
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Element36 View Post

    Here's hoping DHL does not show up wanting more than $60. :-)
    I can pretty much guarantee they will want some money and the surprise will come in the form of a text message once the amount has been determined. At least they allow you to pay via their website rather than having to deal with it on delivery.

  92. #392
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Element36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    At least they allow you to pay via their website rather than having to deal with it on delivery.
    Thanks, good to know you not only get advance notification, but can pay ahead.
    night riding - it's an adiction

  93. #393
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Element36 View Post
    Just placed order last night, since I have been shopping for Chain/Cassette/Derailleur. CRC still best $. (XT $160CAD for all 3)
    Chose lowest shipping as usual.. and today started getting texts from DHL that my shipment is on it's way..
    Last time DHL delivered, it was $30 fee and another $50. That was a few years ago.
    Says signature required.. which usually means have the credit card handy, instead of "Hey, there's a package on the bench by the front door"... creating a smile.

    Depending on what happens I have bookmarked https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/ will check them out better in the future, now that I know about them. But, as many have found CRC+fees may still be cheaper.. only +20 for the parts I ordered, but with tax and shipping what I ordered is $227 from Tbs. Still cheaper than my lbs for parts.

    Here's hoping DHL does not show up wanting more than $60. :-)
    how come you did not pick the untracked postal?

  94. #394
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    They now have an option to pay taxes up front so that nothing is due on delivery.

    Chain Reaction Cycles shipping to Canada-screen-shot-2016-10-27-9.15.06-am.png

  95. #395
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    That's 15% - I assume you live somewhere that has 15% taxes?
    If it really comes in 2-4 days that's not bad - saves the $9.50 that the post office charges and much faster.
    Always the chance of not paying from the post office but I was finding I got hit every time for CRC shipments.
    Best thing though is that it doesn't give DHL the opportunity to screw up the customs clearing. My last and only shipment from DHL they incorrectly classified the shipment and were going to charge substantial duty. Duty and taxes were almost as much as the stuff was worth. I refused the package.

  96. #396
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    That's 15% - I assume you live somewhere that has 15% taxes?
    If it really comes in 2-4 days that's not bad - saves the $9.50 that the post office charges and much faster.
    Always the chance of not paying from the post office but I was finding I got hit every time for CRC shipments.
    Best thing though is that it doesn't give DHL the opportunity to screw up the customs clearing. My last and only shipment from DHL they incorrectly classified the shipment and were going to charge substantial duty. Duty and taxes were almost as much as the stuff was worth. I refused the package.
    I'm in Ontario, so 13% taxes. That was just a sample order, so I could post it here. No idea what the extra 2% is for... perhaps handling fees?

    I've not been a fan of DHL either, but as you've pointed out, when the amount is prepaid at least we know there will be no surprises so I figured I'd give it a try for my most recent order. Placed that order last night and got shipment notification this morning... DHL is currently showing Monday delivery.

    Yeah, my last 3 postal shipments from CRC have all gotten hit with taxes. I think the tax man is on the look out for those boxes that CRC uses. On the other hand my Merlin shipments have had better success... only 1 out of 3 got hit... have another one coming today so will see.

  97. #397
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    That's very cool. However, since Wiggle bought them, I haven't found anything at CRC that I couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere. All my stuff comes from Merlin and Ribble lately.

  98. #398
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    I've not been a fan of DHL either, but as you've pointed out, when the amount is prepaid at least we know there will be no surprises so I figured I'd give it a try for my most recent order. Placed that order last night and got shipment notification this morning... DHL is currently showing Monday delivery
    So how did that work out? No extra charges? Did it arrive as quick as promised? I'm about to place an order and wondering which shipping to use.

  99. #399
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    So how did that work out? No extra charges? Did it arrive as quick as promised? I'm about to place an order and wondering which shipping to use.
    Great service. Arrived on Monday with no extra charges. I've since then placed another order and it was the same and a buddy also ordered this way and got his in 2 days.

    I think this will now by my default method going forward.

  100. #400
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    Great service. Arrived on Monday with no extra charges. I've since then placed another order and it was the same and a buddy also ordered this way and got his in 2 days.
    I think this will now by my default method going forward.
    That's great, thanks. I've been finding almost everything gets dinged with taxes in the last month or 2 anyways so this is actually cheaper than Canada Post - they charge that $9.95 collection fee.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast