humber river advocate

caledon land owner helps out

great stuff mr. dwight and mr. furnish...

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/640622

trails need some help in caledon also!
    Last edited by singlesprocket; 05-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    WTF?

It links to Pointyhead, EJ & cartoons.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

humber river advocate
    don't spread the hate...

Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    WTF?

It links to Pointyhead, EJ & cartoons.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    So you posted a link to McGuinty, Elton John & animators on the Eastern Ontario forum. What in the world does this have to do with: "caledon land owner helps out"?

Maybe if you explain the connection, I'll stop spreading the hate.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

pin it
    Sir Elton and his spouse are Caledon landowners and are involved in many charitable events. Maybe they are cyclists or hikers...you never know who you might meet on the trails!

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Now I get it!!

Maybe singlesprocket could be more specific when he starts typing. It would make it easier to figure out what he's posting about.

Or as Steve Martin's character said to John Candy's in Planes, Trains and Automobiles, "Have a point."
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

humber river advocate
    it seems your negativity is affecting your perception... perhaps a size increase in your spandex shorts will help...

see now you scared him with your negative comments...

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/article/640964

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    it seems your negativity is affecting your perception... perhaps a size increase in your spandex shorts will help.
    I couldn't see the connection w/ cycling or Ontario in fact until cyclelicious posted.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrit...rt-russell.htm

What do they have to do w/ mtbing you ask. Well don't they have a cottage in the Muskokas? Yeah so what you ask again. Well aren't the Torrance Barrens in Muskoka as well?

I clicked on your post thinking some landowner in the Caledon area had allowed mtbing on his or her property. Instead I get a photo op w/ Mr. Pointyhead.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

humber river advocate
    ok your political and lifestyle preferences aside... someone who donates 23 million dollars to help ontario is great. once again... would be nice if someone donated some money to help repair the damaged and crappy trails here in caledon. for example albion hills... can a place get any worse? my gawd you pay money to ride there. demand better!

on a side note but kinda related because it involves the largest land owner in caledon etc... there has been an explosion of atv use in the area. some places are downright dangerous to ride your bike in a posted non motorized vehicle area.

some tips on riding with motorized vehicles in the area:

-check out not only what is going on in front of you, but behind you as well, use your ears
    -stick as far to the side as you can in blind corners or hills (up or down)
    -sometimes it is better to dismount and get to the side of the trails and let them pass. this will also help you from getting roosted
    -don't argue.. you'll just get into a fight
    -document everything

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/641100
    Last edited by singlesprocket; 05-28-2009 at 06:20 AM.

banned
    Feb 2005
    How many Km's of trail is there in the Palgrave Conservation Area? I stumbled upon these trails a number of years back and found them to be tight, twisty and very fun. Are they all on public property? It is a real fun run down from Glen Haffy Conservation Area, any side trails in those sections.

humber river advocate
    there's quite a few in there, just get out and explore (you can't get lost). you can piece together a few loops. it's a good alternatve "free" riding spot that is cleaner, has more animals and plants. if you connect some of the other trails you can have a pretty big ride.