Muskoka

Buckwallow's other side (pics)

Buckwallow aka Gravenhurst Nordic Trails.Fri Dec 7th and I kick started my ski season. Just thought the Buckwallow fans in the crowd might like to know that I am keeping an eye on things

some kind of hero...
    Really nice !

Thanks for sharing. By the time I get some time off work, the snow will be gone...

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

Sweet Monkey Tuesday!

Ready

The trails look perfect to me....

On the other hand, I really do need to get the skis out again this year - I wonder if my boots even fit still....

Give me a ring one weekend if you want to head out there and mock my atrocious form - the last time I skied there I was still at GPS...

Muskoka
    Biff, you truly are a "Misfit" Snow is for skiing, don't ya know?? And those handlebars still creep me out! But I'll be talkin' to ya.

Looking for Adventure
    Hmmmmmmm, KAO Gravenhurst Nordic Trails (now know as Buckwallow), such fond memories. Used to ski there all the time when they sold skis and stuff in the convenience store. The expert trails were a lot of fun, and they had this great trail that ran on the east side of the swamp (has it ever been reopened??).

Do they still have that antique train kabose wood stove in the barn??
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    Hmmmmmmm, KAO Gravenhurst Nordic Trails (now know as Buckwallow), such fond memories. Used to ski there all the time when they sold skis and stuff in the convenience store. The expert trails were a lot of fun, and they had this great trail that ran on the east side of the swamp (has it ever been reopened??).

Do they still have that antique train kabose wood stove in the barn??
    Right on,...that was the most amazing stove!!!...and would it ever put out heat. But its been gone for several years. Developed a crack or something. Mike from Buckwallow took it and was planning to have it repaired and put in his "Rea Hall' . The barn has a standard airtight in it now. The warmup hut out on the trails still has the round barrel stove made from the inside of a hot water heater! I think its pretty ingeneous too.Yes the trail on the ridge east of the marsh is still used. Its called "Boundary Trail" Mike was hoping to open it up for biking eventually, which would be awesome!!! But there are issues, and I doubt it will happen anytime soon if ever. There is a nice trail runs on and along the marsh called "Tamarack Trail", which opens once the marsh freezes solid. Nice on a sunny calm day, because its open and exposed. Anyway, I'll be sure to ski a few laps for ya

Muskoka

I couldn't resist...

...posting a few more from today. Having access to trails like these five minutes away summer & winter, is in huge part why we live here. Cheers

sproket buster
    Oct 2007
    Can't see a thing!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live... out of Mississauga.

MTB: Cannondale HT--------Pavment: Specialized Sirrus

bi-winning
    If i had trails like that a few minutes away, i would be putting skis on my Christmas list!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Looking for Adventure
    Stop it! .......... It hurts too much !!

I live in Toronto.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way