mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Brantford Area Trails

I'm in Brantford for a few days later this week and I'll have a chance to bring the bike. Any trails I need to ride?

The longer/more tech. the better.

Suggestions/directions to trails in Ancaster, Dundas, Waterdown, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    There is the Brantford to Hamilton rail trail so you can ride all the way in if you want and will take you right into Dundas conservation area If you want really technical you are probably best to go into Waterdown. Dundas conservation area has some singletrack but it mostly groomed trails. Great for a work out but not technical.

Check out http://www.conservationhamilton.ca/p...sit/trails.asp

It will have some pdfs of the main rail trails if you are interested in riding all the way from brantford into hamilton.

What days are you going to be there? Maybe we can get a Hamilton group ride going.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i'd be in for a hamilton group ride. Waterdown is the best riding if you want to do any techy stuff. If you want to ride from brantford to hamilton and then head to waterdown you better take out an entire day though...

Nice day for a ride.....
    Hardy Road trail in Brantford is pretty good, its an 18km lolipop route with some technical bits tossed in here and there. I ride there quite often. Check it out.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I don't have time to take the whole day, just a few hours.

RatchAttack, can you point me in the right direction to the Hardy Road trails?

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricanejoel
    I don't have time to take the whole day, just a few hours.

RatchAttack, can you point me in the right direction to the Hardy Road trails?
    Sure thing, from Brantford get on the 403 and head west to Oak Park Road (this is the last Brantford exit when travelling west and is on the west side of the city) take the Oak Park Road exit and head south on Oak Park..... follow this until you come to a stop sign (after the lights) and turn left at the stop sign follow this until you see trail parking on the left (there is a small sign that says "trail parking" and there is a large sign showing a map of the rail trails in the area), park at this lot. Get on your bike and head back up the road you just came down, there is a singletrack spur heading into the woods on the south side of the road just before an entrance to the quarry. Take this, you'll know its the right trail because it climbs up right away. Keep following the singletrack and you'll eventually get to powerline road where the trail ends and you turn back. There are a few "optional" routes near the powerline road end of the trail, the main route goes right under the 403.

Sorry if my explaination is confusing, let me know when your going to be out there, I'm not far from Brantford and I ride there often, I could give you a guided tour. If you get really confused head over to Brantford Cyclepath on Fairview Drive (a 3km ride from the trailhead) and ask about Hardy Road there. I work at Cyclepath and we all know the Hardy Road trail.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Perfect, I will hopefully have a chance tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricanejoel
    Perfect, I will hopefully have a chance tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again.
    No problem, it should be a blast as long as the rain stays away.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike