pin it

Blue Mountain Bike Park 2013

Blue Mountain Bike Park will be set up at the bike show and will be selling early bird season passes

This is from an email I received today:

Toronto International Bicycle Show
    March 1 - 3, 2013

Gear up for the 2013 Mountain Bike season at Blue Mountain at the Toronto International Bicycle Show located in the Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place.

Take advantage of our show special with a discounted rate on your Season Pass. Purchase your pass for just $169* between March 1 - 3 at the Bike Show before the regular price of $189* goes into effect.

We're excited to see you back on the trails this season and give you a sneak peak of what's to come this summer including a facelift for Haole and a partnership with renowned bike park builders, Gravity Logic. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience under your wheels, the Blue Mountain Bike Park is the place to ride this summer!

Visit our website for more information and catch us at the Bike show March 1 - 3, 2013.

*All prices +HST. Season Pass valid for unlimited trail and lift access during all operating hours of the 2013 season, weather and conditions permitting. Riders under 18 are required to complete a waiver, skill assessment and view an orientation video prior to picking up their Season Pass. All riders are required to complete a waiver and a secondary freeride skill assessment to access Haole.

For more info about passes

Trail and Season Passes
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

humber river advocate
    facelift for Haole
    interesting...
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sounds promising. Have they always required a secondary assessment for Haole?
    This will be my first year getting a pass.

Perpetual Hack
    According the the Blue website - they are adding two new trails - one a green beginner, the other some woodwork.
    Haole is getting a re-make including re-routes and features. However, to ride Haole now you will have to take a "Freeride Ability" test.
    Not to happy about the Haole BS, but if thats what it take to get some fun back on the hill, I will grudgingly comply.
    Just better be a single season test, no one every visit...

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    According the the Blue website - they are adding two new trails - one a green beginner, the other some woodwork.

michael
    probably reworking embryo also, can be made into a really fun trail
    Support TORBA

livin' large
    embryo is already pretty fun, especially on a shorter travel bike
    it tied the room together man!

pin it
    My first time downhilling I would secession Embryo "over and over again" before I was confident enough to move on and explore the other intermediate trails. It wasn't long before I was riding the advanced trails at blue and other bike parks

I'm glad blue is working on a new beginner trail and reworking Embryo. More dedicated trail for new riders is needed

Here's me just couple years ago... my very first time dh. Borrowed bike and big smile. I am so excited to join dark side!

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    I'll be grabbing my pass at the show again for sure.

Cyclelicious, I now realize I've seen you and your fella at Blue numerous times but didn't know you guys were mtbr members...I'll have to stop and say hello in the lift line this summer.

humber river advocate
    lol, yeah we are the normals ones on eastern canada...

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor View Post
    I'll be grabbing my pass at the show again for sure.

Cyclelicious, I now realize I've seen you and your fella at Blue numerous times but didn't know you guys were mtbr members...I'll have to stop and say hello in the lift line this summer.
    Support TORBA

sheep in FOX clothing
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    However, to ride Haole now you will have to take a "Freeride Ability" test.
    Not to happy about the Haole BS, but if thats what it take to get some fun back on the hill, I will grudgingly comply.
    Just better be a single season test, no one every visit...
    Horseshoe had (still has?) something like that in order to access the lift... the first time I went there some poor* staffer had to watch me ride the lower half of the hill, and then gave the pass sticker (like grade school skiing trips back in the day). You only had to do it once per season.

* - watching me ride ride DH is like watching paint dry.

GAME ON!
    freeride test better include a road gap to flat.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    Horseshoe had (still has?) something like that in order to access the lift
    not the last two seasons

sheep in FOX clothing
    It was indeed 3 years ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I heard there will be 15 foot tables on Haloe and a new trail with some chutes off it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I bought my pass and am looking forward to any trail improvements. I wonder if the rerouting has anything to do with the major construction that's going to happen at the south end ? Someone down at the bike show should ask them how the installation of the new chairlift, lighting and snowmaking equipment will affect/impact the current trails ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    A friend of mine was told at the bike show that it may affect a small section on the end of Squeaker (loss of that section).

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hey so I've never been to Blue, but planning to this spring...I found the summer trail map online, but it doesn't say where the best place to park is, or where to buy day passes/lift tickets, or where washrooms are. are there portapoties scattered throughout? are there spots to lock up your bike at the lodge, or does no one lock their stuff? thanks..

Matt

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That will be a shame. Lower Sqeaker is great fun to try and carry good speed through.I guess that will affect Grab Bag and big Sleeze too, since they funnel into each other on the bottom. Hopefully the other improvements will make up for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    For a first visit follow the signs for The Village and park at P2. Big building to the right of the chairlift is Guest Services. In there you sign up, get your pass, use the bathroom. There is bike racks out front.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Interesting, like to visit.......soon.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeame View Post
    Hey so I've never been to Blue, but planning to this spring...I found the summer trail map online, but it doesn't say where the best place to park is, or where to buy day passes/lift tickets, or where washrooms are. are there portapoties scattered throughout? are there spots to lock up your bike at the lodge, or does no one lock their stuff? thanks..

Matt
    -park in the middle parking lot by the pond if new and don't have a lift ticket.
    -by the gondola, building on the north side (they have a big sign) washrooms in there also (washrooms in the hotel, restaurants, etc). racks scattered through out. lots of patios though, so you can watch your bike. but it never hurts to be careful and lock the bike if out of your sight/attention
    Support TORBA

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    thanks for the info! Is the gondola the only way up in the summertime?

Matt

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeame View Post
    thanks for the info! Is the gondola the only way up in the summertime?

Matt
    nope, there is the road, xc trail and a hiking trail
    Support TORBA