mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Bikenxs schedule up

and he has resurrected the Ganaraska Gear Grinder on June 15 (Father's Day). Given that BIKENXS runs my local series, and the high school series, and I love the Ganaraska, I'm now considering NOT doing the Lake to Lake (something I never thought I'd say despite those ATV trails). Otoh, maybe there was something to the rumour that the Lake to Lake was ending because there's nothing on their website yet. Oh, and I think the weekly series starts on April 17 (not 18th-that's the Friday).

Guess it's time to start training again.

Bike Junkie
    I NEVER liked those ATV trails
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just noticed the Chico schedule changed a fair bit as well, but looks final now. Provincials in Sept instead of August plus a few races moved around.

veldrijder
    Does anyone know anything about the October enduro race? Is it an event that has been run before?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sperky
    I just noticed the Chico schedule changed a fair bit as well, but looks final now. Provincials in Sept instead of August plus a few races moved around.
    I don't think they have finalized it based on talking with them a while ago. The dates may be correct, but I don't believe all of the locations are correct. Guess we'll see...
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    Does anyone know anything about the October enduro race? Is it an event that has been run before?
    The October race traditionally has been at Durham forest but was on hiatus for awhile. Not sure if will be there again but I would bet on it. Usually similar distances to the Icebreaker....just more single track instead of county road.

Bike Junkie

Durango

The Durham Durango was an enduro that was not held in 2007; but that was held in the first weeks of September. That was a fun race with 20 and 40km loops.

Even if they moved it to October that would still be fun.
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut
    The Durham Durango was an enduro that was not held in 2007; but that was held in the first weeks of September. That was a fun race with 20 and 40km loops.

Even if they moved it to October that would still be fun.
    It wasn't held in 2007, because the TRCA wouldn't let it go on Walker's Woods or Glen Major. Without those two properties, a (good) 20 km lap would be all but impossible. Hopefully that has either been resolved or Eric will find another solution (maybe a 10-12 km Durham Forest course with more laps?).

It was a great race though. I did it twice and would have done it in 2007.