mtbr member
    Apr 2008

BeOne from Chain Reaction Cycles

Im just shopping around for a bike online and @ LBS. Anyone have any experience buying a full bike from CRC?.What would the downfalls of bringing in a BeOne bike from them be? I've read alot of threads on here about people buying mostly shimano stuff from them. How do thses bikes stack up for the price? Its seems shipping would be about $120 dollars on a full bike plus tax and duty. Is it worth it?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=14978

Epic Photographer
    Oct 2006

UK might be the worst

Bikes in the UK are very expensive. Right up there with NZ. Things like that are actually really cheep in the US and Canada.

You are talking about buying a dual suspender with LX drive train for $1400 + tax (I can't tell you if there is duty or not, but I would suspect there would be). For that money you can go into a shop here in Canada and buy something similar.

I would suspect you could find a 2007 Trek EX 5.5 hanging around for less or this year's model for the same amount, and:

1. Support a local bike shop.
    2. Get warranty support if something brakes.
    3. Most bike shops offer free tune ups for the first year/2years

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thats why i ask, thanks! Now if i could only find a LBS with a 2007 model in an XL for my 6'5 frame. I will keep looking around locally.