mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Beare Rd Landfill Bike Park

The third and final public consultation meeting regarding the proposed Beare Rd park is happening tomorrow. The plan shown at the last meeting showed about 1/3 of the property being mountain bike specific use, with space for long flow trails, jump lines and a skills park.

The meeting is at 6:30, at the Malvern Community Center, 30 Sewells Rd, in Scarborough. It would be nice to have a few more mountain bikers present for support.

sheep in FOX clothing
    Bumped for any east enders who can make it.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Thanks Nick. Unfortunately can't as I'm not at my second home oops I mean my mother in laws this week.

For any who are not aware...as I learned from JMurray almost 2 years ago. The bike park proposal for Beare Landfill is not part of the Rouge National Park.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    More info here,

City looks to public for help designing new park | The Toronto Observer

Friend's of The Rouge my natural white arse. Nothing then the same regurgitated ban anything we don't like dogma from 20 years ago. Thankfully this thinking of the old fogey's is being replaced by what I heard at the National Park.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    More info here,

City looks to public for help designing new park | The Toronto Observer

Friend's of The Rouge my natural white arse. Nothing then the same regurgitated ban anything we don't like dogma from 20 years ago. Thankfully this thinking of the old fogey's is being replaced by what I heard at the National Park.
    some words of advice, be a little less concerned of this group as they are not the land managers for the rouge but just stakeholders.

contact the land manager and ask if you as a representative of a group (torba for example) can sit on any advisory or subcommittee as a representative of mtbers who use the watershed.

though one of the major considerations for such an appointment is that you are a resident of the watershed.

have a clear and concise plan with supporting documents (maps,current/proposed mtb trails, trail construction methods, etc) that you can present to committee meetings. oh and attend the meetings, more the better. you will then get to know the other committee members (councillors, etc).

and lastly be polite and respectful at the meetings. listen to what the others have to say. support the experience that they want. be vocal about this. then present the experience you want and ask for their advice and support. be firm about this yet open to compromise.
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Oh, and again. Thank you Rob Ford for getting elected.