Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Barrens Boondock [o]

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  rkj__ 
#1 ·
Camping out with my Suite :)

See less See more
#11 ·
How were the bugs? They were nuts @ Six Mile Lake on Tuesday...

Greats pics Burt, Blue looks like he needs a beer! ;)
Yep...really bad Sat evening. Needed bug spray for sure in camp. If you were moving (riding)it was fine. I wore bug spray in camp and no bites really, Bonnie didn't and her neck is mess of bites :(

#15 · (Edited)
Summer is not good...deer flies are BRUTAL on the Barrens in Summer!!! Either come before early-mid June or wait until mid-late August. September and even October is great out there!! For summer riding Buckwallow is best, and the BRMC is also nice

#18 ·
Ryan, we would still prefer canoe tripping with tents, but life realities (such as elderly, dependant parents) make that difficult to the point it just hasn't been happening.
This little camper makes getting away for some short boon docks both easier and still lot's of fun! I love the little teardrop trailers with the galley in back, but this style is same size and weight overall, but a little taller with raised bed that converts to a couch. All in all more practical for us with the big dog!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.