Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    The fatties were great in Hilton, loads of fun. But you had to man/woman handle them.

It was quite the contrast however, the day before I was riding my 21-22 lb carbon hardtail, the 37 lb fattie was a little more sluggish!

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    how did fatties handle Hilton Falls/Agreement Forest... we watched you man-handling that rock wall at the beginning of the ride...

it appears you've been working on your technical skills lately. what's up with that?

did you get sponsored again? i didn't see Rapha hat on?

I Strava Hamburgers
    Thanks guys

Though I don't want to derail the thread
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

GAME ON!
    well, i'm out.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    We got a pretty descent amount of snow yesterday. More than I think we'll be able to plow through in the single track. I suspect will be just playing around more locally in the Dundas Valley where the locals have been out trampling a bit.
    Thank you dog walkers. Last night took a evening spin just as a the leading storm edge hit us and it was definitely a wee bit crunchy under the snow.

This morning chickened out and drove the car in to work... it would have been easier to ride the 10 minutes then have driven.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    The fatties were great in Hilton, loads of fun. But you had to man/woman handle them.

It was quite the contrast however, the day before I was riding my 21-22 lb carbon hardtail, the 37 lb fattie was a little more sluggish!
    lol, they did look fun riding though... planning on taking them into deeper snow this winter i suspect?

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    lol, they did look fun riding though... planning on taking them into deeper snow this winter i suspect?
    The fatbikes are so freaking fun and were surprisingly awesome at Hilton... once I got used to the handling. It rolled easily over the rock and climbed pretty well too, considering.

That said, the goal will be riding them in snow, wherever it may be!

Lemmy Rules!
    Thanks to everyone who made it out for a great, if shambolic, ride!
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Great ride guys. Thanks

mtbr member
    Thanks to everyone who came out. Great ride, great company.

Definitely felt the advantages of the fatbike today, conditions were great for it. Lots of local foot traffic that provide a solid base to get out. I even went out for another 1.5 hours this afternoon!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks the guys for organizing and leading the ride, and waiting up for my slow ass. I had a great time out there even though it was more hike than bike for me. And there were some epic wipeouts, including a couple of my own.

mtbr member
    Went back out today and did essentially the same route (with minor tweaks), even with the new 3-4 cm of snow, the extra 24 hours of walkers allowed me to clean essentially all the climbs. Though I did have a couple comical dismounts into the fluffy white stuff.

I think this area has huge potential for fatbikes to make riding for everyone truly year around!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @CptSydor, we should organize a fatbike ride. If youre interested we have some fatbikers here in Brantford and we have about 40km+ of riding. Let me know if youre interested.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Stone View Post
    Thanks guys

Though I don't want to derail the thread
    Wow, I leave for holidays and miss all sorts of stuff!

Excellent news!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3