• 12-17-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Can't do. I work in public sector.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dIto5mwDLxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 12-17-2012
    saturnine
    i'm in if i can use platforms.
  • 12-17-2012
    Unglued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine View Post

You can ride a unicycle as far as I am concerned. The more the merrier....
  • 12-17-2012
    saturnine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    You can ride a unicycle as far as I am concerned. The more the merrier....

i can't ride a unicycle :(
  • 12-18-2012
    RiotMTB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    Blah. You are probably unionized. Most likely public service.

Haha. Union of one (self employed). Still answer to wife...luckily, allowed to ride bike this day.
  • 12-18-2012
    Louda
    In! Probably.. most likely :)
  • 12-18-2012
    Unglued
    Quote:

i can't ride a unicycle :(

You can borrow mine. It has platforms.
  • 12-18-2012
    CptSydor
    I'll be leading in style.....

Hoping and praying for snow, just follow my tracks ;)
  • 12-18-2012
    14Stone
    Unglued has harassed me into throwing my tentative hat in.

Depends entirely on when the new baby shows up. We shall see but I do want to ride!
  • 12-18-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

That depends on the model you are using. And of course then we have to consider the shoe to be used with these pedals.
  • 12-18-2012
    saturnine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    That depends on the model you are using. And of course then we have to consider the shoe to be used with these pedals.

these with clips:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3ntNOltYcH...orm-shoes4.jpg
  • 12-18-2012
    Nerdgirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Stone View Post
    Unglued has harassed me into throwing my tentative hat in.

Depends entirely on when the new baby shows up. We shall see but I do want to ride!

1. Congratulations!!!
    2. Really? You'll ride close to a due date? If before - cell phone at ready and commute time to wife better be short. If after, you'll be tired and pretty busy... Just sayin'.
  • 12-18-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

Hmm.. acceptable only if they are from Jon Fluevog and come with a stealth rubber sole.:D
  • 12-20-2012
    14Stone

Baby has been somewhat comical in its non appearance lately. Keeping us up all night with kicks and punches making mommy really unhappy and tense, only to go silent and nappy during the day.. its been a good time :)

My wife kicks me out of the house to ride, but she makes sure to glue the phone to my hip before I go, though Hamilton may be a stretch. I get cabin fever if I don't ride outside at least once a week so she'll kick me out of the house and hog the bed while I go ride in the morning on weekends instead of dealing with the longing looks outside while sighing loudly, constant fiddling on a one geared bike, and endless evenings of laptop bike lust.

Its a small trade according to her.
  • 12-21-2012
    Nerdgirl
    Well, I'm one to talk. I was out on the bike a week before going into labour, while Mr. Monster led a group ride (with cellphone!). I agree that riding helps the mental strength!

My baby also mostly kicked at night, though he also kicked when I was climbing on the singlespeed. Faster, mommy, faster! The last trimester was NOT good sleep, but I look back on those days with starry eyes now, as the sleep since baby has been much, much worse.

Maybe we'll see you! Good luck either way!

Quote:

Baby has been somewhat comical in its non appearance lately. Keeping us up all night with kicks and punches making mommy really unhappy and tense, only to go silent and nappy during the day.. its been a good time :)

My wife kicks me out of the house to ride, but she makes sure to glue the phone to my hip before I go, though Hamilton may be a stretch. I get cabin fever if I don't ride outside at least once a week so she'll kick me out of the house and hog the bed while I go ride in the morning on weekends instead of dealing with the longing looks outside while sighing loudly, constant fiddling on a one geared bike, and endless evenings of laptop bike lust.

Its a small trade according to her.

• 12-21-2012
    14Stone

Mrs. Stone has promised to come out to some events this year. Hopefully you guys can meet her and Mini Stone 1 and 2.
  • 12-21-2012
    Dover
    Looks like there'll be one more for the ride. I've been given the green light to come for a ride.
  • 12-26-2012
    saturnine
    how many km?
  • 12-27-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

how many km?

I'm guessing the km's will be decided during ride based on snow conditions.
  • 12-27-2012
    Unglued
    Last year we covered about 25-30km but not at a blistering pace
  • 12-27-2012
    CptSydor
    We got a pretty descent amount of snow yesterday. More than I think we'll be able to plow through in the single track. I suspect will be just playing around more locally in the Dundas Valley where the locals have been out trampling a bit.
  • 12-27-2012
    14Stone
    Hey guys.

Baby came on time on the 24th. Things got a bit off kilter as some of us got sick when baby arrived throwing everything out of whack. We're trying to get back into a routine but I think I'm going to have to bow out for this one unfortunately. Though I really want to go.

I have been given the nod for Frostbike though!
  • 12-27-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

Hey guys.

Baby came on time on the 24th. Things got a bit off kilter as some of us got sick when baby arrived throwing everything out of whack. We're trying to get back into a routine but I think I'm going to have to bow out for this one unfortunately. Though I really want to go.

congrats and good luck!
  • 12-27-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    We got a pretty descent amount of snow yesterday. More than I think we'll be able to plow through in the single track. I suspect will be just playing around more locally in the Dundas Valley where the locals have been out trampling a bit.

how did fatties handle Hilton Falls/Agreement Forest... we watched you man-handling that rock wall at the beginning of the ride... :thumbsup:

it appears you've been working on your technical skills lately. what's up with that?

did you get sponsored again? i didn't see Rapha hat on?
  • 12-27-2012
    CptSydor
    Congrats!

Quote:

Hey guys.