humber river advocate

awesome day at blue

hooked up with some new riders... the trails where in great shape, no bugs out, everyones bike worked well... we sessioned some of the less busy trails working on steep turns... the escarpment was quite lush from all the rain

blue sky!

carving the trail

cool mushrooms

Gnarly
    Conditions at Blue Mountain were perfect for sessioning the more highly technical trails and multifaceted features. Every trail run is diverse so there was always a new challenge to face. By the end of the day I acquired some new skills and my speed doubled! We all had a great time, learned alot,(thanks singlesprocket) had fun and still managed to enjoy the beautiful scenery! Thanks for the pics!

mtbr member
    Conditions do look nice indeed!

I was supposed to be there on Sunday but managed to win a 39 degree fever for the day instead

I have a pass, so I'm planning on heading up there soon enough, just seems it's been one thing after another keeping me away.

humber river advocate
    healing vibes... there are nasty colds out there...

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Sprocket, what do you look like/ride? I am there a lot, mostly on Fridays. 40+ yr guy on a Wilson 1, often with a helmetcam. I have a vague idea you are the similarly aged guy with a moustache - is that right?
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

humber river advocate
    pretty close,

i'm the distinguished looking youthful gray haired gentleman... though i did shave off the facial hair.

i ride a black bullet with a red cromag handlebar...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug
    Sprocket, what do you look like/ride? I am there a lot, mostly on Fridays. 40+ yr guy on a Wilson 1, often with a helmetcam. I have a vague idea you are the similarly aged guy with a moustache - is that right?
    Looks like I'll be up there tomorrow for a change, Woohooo!!

My buddy is riding a white '05 Norco Team DH, I have the pleasure of getting this rig covered in dirt, 1st outing of a new build, Giddy up!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

humber river advocate
    cool, if you want to do a ride in the humber give me a shout...

some of the trails...

you kinda can see my bike in this pic...

mtbr member
    Will you be up at Blue tomorrow?

I'm hoping we get there by 11 or so and will ride until 3-4pm or until we're beat .... I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Wilson, what colour & year is it?

Gnarly
    We will be up at Blue Saturday and Sunday to ride and watch the races: Super D and Down Hill.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious
    We will be up at Blue Saturday and Sunday to ride and watch the races: Super D and Down Hill.
    Awesome time at Blue today - fast dry trails for the most part. Grab Bag and other 'inner' trails were greasy in spots but you had to be hard on the brakes to break the tires loose.

Best of luck riding at Blue on Sat/Sun though, I've been there on race weekends and it's a zoo with crazy lift lineups. I guess if you're spending the weekend there you can pick/choose your times and squeeze some runs in though.

Live Free or Ride!
    I will be @ Blue from July 18-26. Should be wild, about 10 of us. I'll post some pics.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantMartin
    I will be @ Blue from July 18-26. Should be wild, about 10 of us. I'll post some pics.
    I've got that week off work and if the weather holds, I'll definitely be up at Blue at least once during the week.

Enjoy your stay up there, be sure to hit up all the great trail rides in the area as well!