Muskoka

au·gust (ô-gst)...[o]

Inspiring awe or admiration; majestic:The eighth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar...

Evil Jr.
    Excellent again!

Although this one:

kept making me think this:

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet
    wow... thanks for the story... between content and composition, it is hard not to look at the pics few times, and than again...

The most bottom one is the most awesome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Wow...cool pics of a very cool trail...and of course a best friend.

But...how do you keep your bike so clean???

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    wow... thanks for the story... between content and composition, it is hard not to look at the pics few times, and than again...

The most bottom one is the most awesome.
    thanks Oggie. hey...missing your blinking cat eyes, that was my very favourite avatar!!

sock puppet

heh... mine too...

Jack is there just as a sign of times... not for long though... cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    thanks Oggie. hey...missing your blinking cat eyes, that was my very favourite avatar!!

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotMTB View Post
    Wow...cool pics of a very cool trail...and of course a best friend.

But...how do you keep your bike so clean???
    Thankyou! That bike is only a few weeks old and it's been such a hot dry summer here that it hasn't seen wet or mud. On the one and only wet ride I did in August it so happened that a friend and I rode Buckwallow on our Pugsleys. The Pugs is a great choice in the wet on roots and rocks btw

mtbr member
    Are we aloud to ride there???
    You are on a great snowshoe trail, I don't take my bike there........But I would

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    You are on a great snowshoe trail, I don't take my bike there........But I would
    Please snowshoe it lots so that I can get 'round on the Pugs this winter.
    If you come in the back way the only restriction signage posted is "no motorized vehicles" so...
    ps- there were more mtbike tracks than just mine

bi-winning
    Nice deck ya got there.

Glad to see you're enjoying your summer.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    What kind of camera/lens did you take that long picture of the tree with? Beautiful shot!

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Amazing ..

Sorry, have to ask..
    Where are these pictures from?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by db9 View Post
    Amazing ..

Sorry, have to ask..
    Where are these pictures from?

Hmmm.....A hiking Provincial Park in Muskoka..........Just a guess of course....

mtbr member
    Please snowshoe it lots so that I can get 'round on the Pugs this winter.
    If you come in the back way the only restriction signage posted is "no motorized vehicles" so...
    ps- there were more mtbike tracks than just mine
    Maybe next time you will see my tracks there
    I have been thinking about trying it for a while. I used to canoe there too.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrblade View Post
    What kind of camera/lens did you take that long picture of the tree with? Beautiful shot!
    Sony Alpha NEX 5. I have both 16mm prime & 18-55mm zoom lenses, used the 18-55 for this shoot. The tree shot is in done panorama mode, as are the slim horizontal pics.
    Here is a review...

Sony Alpha NEX-5 Compact System Camera - Full Review

Thanks,
    BCD

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    Nice deck ya got there.

Glad to see you're enjoying your summer.
    Cheers Ryan,
    Yea the weather has been absolutely grand here through July & August...so taking advantage!

Muskoka
    Maybe next time you will see my tracks there
    I have been thinking about trying it for a while. I used to canoe there too.
    We canoed there most weekends all summer long during the '80s & '90s. It was park status but still undeveloped and very few people knew about it, even locally. It was like having our very own private nature preserve, rarely saw anyone in there

Coming in the back way has advantages as I mentioned. Typically nobody there for one. Also that's closest to the best riding, and furthest from other users. Double score!
    And I pick my days..late summer or a weekday if it's leaf peeping season. But I can't resist poaching a couple of rides a season in there, for old times sake. Still canoe it a few times each season too, but it's just not quite the same anymore.
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 08-30-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Sweet Monkey Tuesday!
    My experience has been that sometimes there's a no-bikes sign at the main parking lot, sometimes not - when not, ignorance is bliss.

Did not know there was a back way in though...haven't been up there in quite a while now...

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pedachenko View Post
    My experience has been that sometimes there's a no-bikes sign at the main parking lot, sometimes not - when not, ignorance is bliss.

Did not know there was a back way in though...haven't been up there in quite a while now...
    Actually, back in the '80s & '90's as mentioned above Bonn & I were heavily in canoeing but her sister Linda was already an avid cyclist and one of her favourite rides was to come out from Gravenhurst via Devil's Gap Trail and come around through Torrance and in to this lake via the back way. Which is how I know about it. She didn't actually ride the trails along the lake and they weren't extensive back then anyway. She would just enjoy the lake (some gorgeous spots on that side)and then ride back. We thought she was crazy at that time but it looks like that would be a sweet ride now

mtbr member
    more "national geographic quality" pics
    awesome

mtbr member
    We canoed there most weekends all summer long during the '80s & '90s. It was park status but still undeveloped and very few people knew about it, even locally. It was like having our very own private nature preserve, rarely saw anyone in there

Coming in the back way has advantages as I mentioned. Typically nobody there for one. Also that's closest to the best riding, and furthest from other users. Double score!
    And I pick my days..late summer or a weekday if it's leaf peeping season. But I can't resist poaching a couple of rides a season in there, for old times sake. Still canoe it a few times each season too, but it's just not quite the same anymore.
    I haven't been there since the 90's in a canoe, we used to park off the highway where there were just two spots like a gravel lane way. We would canoe over to the farm house foundation to swim and explore with our kids when they were very young.( taking one to university this weekend)
    Never used to see anyone there, you must have gone on different days

Now it's just a bike group snowshoeing spot.

I <3 29ers
    (stands and applauds)

As always, BCD, breath-taking! I hope one day I am lucky enough to check out trails like that up there. Might even try a fat tire rig this winter, since seeing/reading your pics and experiences.

Lucky bugger you!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO View Post
    (stands and applauds)

As always, BCD, breath-taking! I hope one day I am lucky enough to check out trails like that up there. Might even try a fat tire rig this winter, since seeing/reading your pics and experiences.

Lucky bugger you!
    Hey, much thanks!! Since you mention it, I did a fatbike ride just 2 weeks ago with a newly minted Pugs convert...it was his first ride on it and we did Buckwallow the morning after a rainy night and he could not believe the traction and stability on wet roots, rock etc allowing us to just bomb through the techie bits. He had "the smile" on his face all morning, loves the bike I think we are up to 7 locally now, winter before last I was the only one!!