Arizona fall trip

Printable View

  • 10-27-2012
    trailtrash
    10 Attachment(s)
    Arizona fall trip
  • 10-27-2012
    trailtrash
    6 Attachment(s)
  • 10-27-2012
    mtbmeister
    Wow, great pics! Looks like you had a blast...
  • 10-27-2012
    trailtrash
    always great when you can do a trip like that with so many great friends.
  • 10-27-2012
    singlesprocket
    looks awesome trailtrash! (and dry)
  • 10-28-2012
    BlackCanoeDog
    Nice!
    Sigh....someday I hope to get out to Utah & Arizona! Unfortunately I'm in that age group now that our parents need the kind of care that our kids needed when they were young! But I'm not far off retirement (for the 2nd time-lol) so keeping my fingers crossed for the future!
  • 10-28-2012
    cyclelicious
    Gorgeous scenery!

    Utah is on our future riding destination list!
  • 10-29-2012
    garage monster
    What a huge group! :eek:

    Looks amazing - so jelly! :)
  • 10-29-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Great pics. Wish I was there at this very moment.
  • 10-29-2012
    tyh83
    Some More photos from the trip.
    so many pictures and videos to go through it's crazy. 3rd trip to Arizona for myself, and everytime I have a blast.

    Some of our group in the distance riding a different trail.


    Looking at Bell Rock


    Trailtrash and his better half starting a ride


    A look back at the part of the hangover trail


    A scenic stop on the hangover trail.
  • 10-31-2012
    thewake
    Looks awesome! Great pictures!

    I did some riding around Scottsdale about 10 years ago and would love to return to the area.

    Thanks for sharing.
  • 10-31-2012
    g-t-
    Did you get to ride Highline as well as Hangover ?
  • 10-31-2012
    tyh83
    a few of us did yup. did the Highline trail then the next day over to the Hangover trail. Both trails are fantastic.
    we stayed at the red agave, which is right behind the bike and bean. the trailhead starts right at the resort's property to get to the highline, and a lot of the trails around bell rock, cathedral rock etc.
  • 10-31-2012
    g-t-
    red agave is mint, I went in February and Carlos is a friend so we share trip beta all the time. You may have seen some of the vids he flipped around after our trip. I love the fact yuo can ride out of the door literally onto a huge network of trails we only drove once in 8 days to ride Munds wagon and stuff in that area.

    post more pics !!
  • 10-31-2012
    tyh83
    As Requested, some more pictures....

    A Look at what is coming up on the trail... and a cool rock...


    Some snow... just like canada on our way to the grand canyon.


    Our flying Frenchman


    I kinda felt bad for the baggage handlers... oh well


    A morning view from the Red agave


    a short hike into the canyon we got to this lookout.


    I lost....


    Used my girlfriends crank brother tool, well to fix my bike....


    my poor heckler took a beating over the 10 days we were down there... but a few parts later, the old girl is ready for more abuse... i hope to go through the videos a bit more and edit them down to post them on youtube or something.... some killer videos...
  • 10-31-2012
    garage monster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    Used my girlfriends crank brother tool, well to fix my bike....


    my poor heckler took a beating over the 10 days we were down there... but a few parts later, the old girl is ready for more abuse... i hope to go through the videos a bit more and edit them down to post them on youtube or something.... some killer videos...

    lol. Crash&bern was posting trail-side fixes in another thread. It was starting to look like none of your bikes would survive the trip! :D
  • 10-31-2012
    want to ride
    Amazing shots!!!

    You guys are living the good life! :thumbsup:
  • 10-31-2012
    trailtrash
    we tried to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.
    Up in Flagstaff we all stayed at a Hostel.
    i believe that ended up costing about $25 per night per person.
    this allowed us to be able to afford the Red Agave in Sedona.
    the hostel turned out to be alright, it was old but clean.
    And alot of us used air miles for the flight.
  • 10-31-2012
    shawnt2012
    Absolutely STUNNING!! I am straight up jealous!. How was the heat? Did you all own or rent the bike cases? I am planning a trip to NFLD this summer so looking to rent one possibly!
  • 10-31-2012
    trailtrash
    a couple of boxes were rented but the majority of us bought them as we are planning many more trips either as groups or individually.
    so they should pay themselves off quickly.
    temps in flagstaff were low 20's and at night around freezing
    sedona was upper 20's and upper teens at night.
    phoenix (were we only spent one night) was mid 30's and mid 20's
    a couple of years ago we rented a couple of boxes for our moab trip.
    the bags are lighter allowing you to pack more in the bag.
  • 10-31-2012
    want to ride
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    we tried to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.
    Up in Flagstaff we all stayed at a Hostel.
    i believe that ended up costing about $25 per night per person.
    this allowed us to be able to afford the Red Agave in Sedona.
    the hostel turned out to be alright, it was old but clean.
    And alot of us used air miles for the flight.

    I would do the same thing,no problem. It's all about the biking and having fun with like minded individuals.:thumbsup:
  • 10-31-2012
    Crash&bern
    1 Attachment(s)
    Don't forget this photo Attachment 734527
  • 10-31-2012
    trailtrash
    the infamous alien ride :D
  • 11-01-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    the infamous alien ride :D

    Oh! You see them too? I thought I was the only one.
  • 11-01-2012
    trailtrash
    the funny thing is they all look like you :D
  • 11-19-2012
    C-Notes
    there has been new research done in that area, be careful...I for one welcome our new etc, etc, etc...

    Tinfoil hats attract mind-control signals, boffins learn ? The Register
  • 11-19-2012
    trailtrash
    are you suggesting that the government and the aliens are the same:shocked:
  • 11-20-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by C-Notes View Post
    there has been new research done in that area, be careful...I for one welcome our new etc, etc, etc...

    Tinfoil hats attract mind-control signals, boffins learn ? The Register

    That's a very logical theory.
  • 11-24-2012
    fatredcircle
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    a couple of boxes were rented but the majority of us bought them as we are planning many more trips either as groups or individually.
    so they should pay themselves off quickly.
    .....
    a couple of years ago we rented a couple of boxes for our moab trip.
    the bags are lighter allowing you to pack more in the bag.

    A word of advice from someone who used to be a baggage handler. When I travel with my bike, I make sure to use a hard case, and never a soft one...
  • 11-25-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by fatredcircle View Post
    A word of advice from someone who used to be a baggage handler. When I travel with my bike, I make sure to use a hard case, and never a soft one...

    Do tell.:)
    Any horror stories?
  • 12-19-2012
    Crash&bern
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 746271
    A picture"s worth a thousand
    " spoke"n words : )
  • 12-19-2012
    Crash&bern
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 12-19-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Are those Gator Windcutters?
  • 12-19-2012
    Crash&bern
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Are those Gator Windcutters?

    Leg cutters : )
  • 12-24-2012
    tdotrider
    great pics, i hope to get out to ride AZ sometime in the near future.

    I always thought those alligator rotors were supposed to be mounted the other way so that the pointy corner wasn't the first part to enter the caliper when the wheel rotated but I could be mistaken
  • 12-24-2012
    Thatshowiroll
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    great pics, i hope to get out to ride AZ sometime in the near future.

    I always thought those alligator rotors were supposed to be mounted the other way so that the pointy corner wasn't the first part to enter the caliper when the wheel rotated but I could be mistaken

    I asked because I'm awaiting a pair in the mail.
    From all the photos I've seen the "teeth" go in the direction of the wheel travel... chops up the critters real good.:p
  • 12-24-2012
    Crash&bern
    Yep you're right !
    I put the bike together the night before after a few pints
    Oops !
    Who uses brakes anyways ? : )
  • 12-24-2012
    trailtrash
    i'm sure you'll straighten it out:D