Live Free or Ride!

Anyone else get rain 2day?

Anyone else get killed with rain 2day? Went to Albion Hills got soaked, bike was muddy, luckily they have a bike wash, then we figured well it's raining up here so we'll go south, so we went to kelso, only to have about an hour of riding before we got blasted again. All in all I guesss it was good as I have little to no experience riding in adverse condition.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

bi-winning
    it rained in Niagara Falls today. But, the sun is out now, and i plan to go riding a little later today.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    rain and 12C in Sudbury, just put in 36k of road and trails with my bud. It was a hard one.

dirt roadie
    Yeah me and Voodoo Child got soaked in St. Kitts. We only got about 45mins of riding in.
    Of course now it's sunny...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It rained up here in Bracebridge pretty much the hole day. Very heavy at times. A crapy beginnin to the long turkey weekend.

Live Free or Ride!
    15C 2morrow, funny how in 2007 with all this technology they still can't seem to put together a weather forecast for a day ahead that actually turns out to be right.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

the original big ring
    rained in Ottawa pretty much all day
    - tomorrow looks good!

mtbr member
    I had plans to go early this morning was hoping to head for Kelso but it was pouring when I got up at 7:30. Radar says it's just local, around Hamilton and Niagara. Forecast says 40% chance of showers today(same forecast as yesterday) - Does that mean 100% chance of showers for 40% of the area???

Happy Mojo Rider
    Got up today hoping to got to the Don, no dice light drizzle and friends were worried about wet rocks and roots (can't say that I blame them) . Went to kelso yesterday and was rained on no big deal made riding more technical (sp) Still jonesing to ride 2.5 hrs later after I woke up today. Still debating........

mtbr member
    Ya we got hammered hard here in Midland yesterday. Friend road Tom's forest today and said it was crazy muddy. I stuck to the road.

http://matthewspak.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Thanksgiving weekend rides have become a bit of a tradition for me and my brother. We did not let a little mud keep us indoors today.

mtbr member
    If Kelso is open Monday, we're riding there at 9am if anyone wants to join us! It'll just be fun non-race-speed jaunt. Maybe even some pauses to play on the stunts

Dan

Singlespeed Mysty

the weather man...I'll throw a milkshake at him, next time I see him on the street...

ppfftt.....

I was looking forward to get back on the bike... no such luck yesterday ...it was pissin down like planes, trains and automobiles...

I am hoping to get out tomorrow... albion hills... anyone go today? trail condition report please? most likely, puddles, puddles, and more puddles...

I hope the weather man redeems himself...be a damn shame to waste a good milkshake...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Went to Fanshawe lake today in London, got drenched to the bone before the bike was even off the car.

No sign of rain whatsoever in the forecast right up until before I left the house.
    Same situation yesterday, except it happened before I left, so I didnt get a chance to get out.

It was the wettest ride of my life today... So drenched.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Did anyone get out to Kelso this afternoon? It was closed, probably for the first time this season, as of this morning and they were to reassess later in the day.

Let's hope it opens up tomorrow as the lifts are supposed to be open all weekend.
    It is amazing how we can't nail down a forecast even for the next 24 hours. Went road riding yesterday and was sunny going out and got drenched the last 10 minutes.
    More rain then we've had all summer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I rode the Don yesterday afternoon and it was in absolutely phenomenal condition. Traction was great, all of the climbs were rideable etc. Only 2 "puddles" which are almost always there in some form anyways. I was really surprised. Even with the leaves we weren't having any problem. I think the rain did it wonders for packing down a bit.

Steve

Live Free or Ride!
    Ya the don was super dry, dusty and sandy last time I went, rain prob helped that out a bit, good thing as I am going there 2day.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Got in a nice night ride on Friday, and Sat morning in Mississauga it started raining like crazy. Luckily I was headed down to Simcoe / Turkey Point area (south west) for some riding and camping and there was no rain all weekend (except a little bit on Saturday night).

mtbr member
    I am in Tremblant (north of Montreal) this long weekend and we had a bit of rain too. I went riding (road) on Sunday and it was amazing. Monday it rained, today it is nice again. The colors around here are just stunning. But morning temps are 2-4 degrees. Burrr.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    We hit up Kelso Monday. It was a bit slick on the rocks/root, but a great time as usual. And it was 25 degrees! Amazing weather for Thanksgiving Day!