mtbr member
    Feb 2006

anyone else get that flu bug

Ive been down and out for 3 days, thanks to the wife. I guess you need to really love someone to give them the flu. Going to try and do a workout tomorrow, need to get better for the "resolution run" on Dec 31st. knock on wood.

Bike Junkie
    I had it at the beginning of the month, lasted 5 days, fully recovered after 7 I believe. Took a lot of Vitamin C and garlic supplements to help keep the strength up. rest and recover is all I could do.
    See You On The Trails!

NormalNorm
    Yup, the whole family got it. All 5 of us came down with it, within 2 days of each other. brutal stuff.

Muskoka
    I had it on Dec 20th. At one point I passed out walking from the ensuite bathroom to our bed. My wife was downstairs in the kitchen and heard me crash to the floor. I came around to her shaking me and asking if I was alright. Never felt a thing, I must have been gone already when I hit the floor. The thing is, I was the only one in the family to get the FLU shot, and I was the only one that got sick! No more FLU shots for this puppy. Fortunately it only lasted exactly 24 hrs, because the next day I had to drive to Pearson ( 100 miles south) to pick up my son coming in from Victoria.
    Only one good thing to say about the flu....its usually good for dropping a few pounds.

NormalNorm
    I also got the flu shot and got sick too. I got sick about a week after i got the shot. I didnt seem to get the flu as bad as my family did. your right, after 24hrs and pretty much to the minute, i felt fine. i dont think i ate for a couple of days though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    ended up getting strut throat

mtbr member
    I just missed it ............I just got a cold so far.......and a small one at that.
    But I was hovering around people who were near death during the holiday season.

I am a lucky bastard!
    BURN IT UP >>>>>>>>PEDALOCTANE>>>>>>>