mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Anyone been up/down Chedoke Radial Trail lately?

Hey Hammer-Riders...

Thinking about biking to work this weekend, but wondering if anyone has been up or down the chedoke Radial Trail lately, and knows how clear it is?

Much appreciated all!

Tim

bi-winning
    kaikara reported conditions three days ago.

So who rode their bike today?

I bet a bit of snow has melted in the last three days though.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

NormalNorm
    Was out in Ancaster this afternoon, riding the rail trail. There is still icy spots once you get up towards Jerseyville. Crazy.

Also, a couple of days ago there was alot of ice still left under the escarpment near W5th(the trail that takes you down to Garth st. hill)

Hope that helps anyways.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah I was out again yesterday too there is not that much snow left but still a lot of messy spots. The worst I saw was about 3/4 of the way up the trail towards the scienic entrance there was still quite a bit of snow because the trail narrows there and it doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight. There is suppose to be a lot of rain tonight and tomorrow so hopefully that washes the majority of it away.

I rode all the way to the highway and down to the dundurn stairs. It is rideble but prepared to get mucky. It would be a good time to have fenders. Mud washes off so get out and ride

GAME ON!
    i was on the rail trail on the east mountain a few days ago and it was mostly snow.. should clear up in another week or so
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Avenger of Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Was out in Ancaster this afternoon, riding the rail trail. There is still icy spots once you get up towards Jerseyville. Crazy.

Also, a couple of days ago there was alot of ice still left under the escarpment near W5th(the trail that takes you down to Garth st. hill)

Hope that helps anyways.
    Were you on a Specalized? I saw someone on a Specalized in that area today. Was it you?
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by 1440Brad
    Were you on a Specalized? I saw someone on a Specalized in that area today. Was it you?

Nah, it wasnt me. I was on a Jamis HT. I do own a Specalized though....

mtbr member
    The rail trail that starts just past St. Joes and heads up east towards the mountain sports complex is now clear. I rode up and down a few times last night on my MTB. It isn't much, but if you are looking for a little cruising on the MTB and don't feel like venturing on the road, you can get 40 km going back and forth a few times.

Out of curiosity, I hit a little bit of the single track that starts halfway up just past the bridge over the Kenilworth access. The first 100 m was promising, actually rather dry, that quickly changed and I ended just hiking back up to the rail trail to avoid just leaving massive ruts. It was good while it lasted, but served more as a huge tease than anything else.

Evil Jr.
    On Monday night, I rode the trail from Dundas to Sulphur Springs and then from Ancaster to Locke. There were snowy patches but nothing unrideable. (Besides, it was great practice for the Icebreaker!)

I'd expect it to be pretty much clear by now.

Happy hunting!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cheers gents...getting tired of all this pavement riding, and although the rail trails aren't singletrack....they're a better option than what's out there now

We'll have to see if Mother Nature will co-operate...cold and rainy will not make for a happy boy at work...on the way there and back, for sure

Tim

X-Ray Guy
    I was on the trail yesterday with my gf...i ride a black Specialized...maybe i was the one u saw 1440Brad. I rode around with my gf on her new KHS and there is only one large patch of snow going down the trail as mentioned previously. Its probly about 50-60 feet long but not that bad. It should be gone quick with the rain and stuff. We actually ventured into the trails and they were drying up fairly nicely, not super muddy. We kept a slow pace but it was still enjoyable.

This is how our bikes looked after 25 km/2 hrs

Last edited by Jawz; 04-11-2008 at 08:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Was out today. The snow is almost all gone except in some small patches here and there. The single track at the top of the trail (Iroquois heights) is still really mucky and didn't really try it. Stuck to the main trail up there. The stuff down at the bottom up near the escarpment is almost dried out. It is mostly rock so it drains really quick. I rode all the way along it, past the Dundurn stairs, along to Becket drive, across it and then up the escarpment to West 5th and it is all good.