mtbr member

Any XC rider from the Estrie, Qc area?

Hi,

I'm fairly new to mountain bike and I'm trying to discover the area and meet other riders at the same time. I'm more of a XC rider.

I heard Coaticook has some nice trails, is anyone from that place?
    Jon
    '07 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp

LA CHÈVRE
    I'm not from Coaticook but I have been there, nice place. Lot's of roots and it's an up and down up and down kind of place, very fun. I think there are a few trails at Mont Bellevue in Sherbrooke but I have not been there yet. If you go further to the west, you have Bromont but I'm not a fan of Bromont for XC, even though there are some XC trails, the place is more developped for DH and freeride. If you don't mind crossing the border, there is a great trail network called the Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont. I like to go there for weekends and camp there because one day is not enough.

If you can deal with french, I suggest you check le répertoire des sentiers de Allez-Y, it lists many place to ride in the whole province, by regions...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Wow, thanks for the link!

I spent most of last summer in Mont Bellevue. There's nothing there for FR and DH fans, but XC riders can find some nice trails. There's a local competition there (coupe NV Cloutier).

As for Bromont, I went there twice and I agree with you: it's mostly for FR and DH.

I plan to try as many trails as possible next summer, on both the Qc and US sides.
    Jon
    '07 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp

LA CHÈVRE
    I lived in Sherbrooke when I was a kid (now in Montréal), I used to go ride in the Bois Beckett but that's a long time ago, not sure there are bike trails there. I'm trying to figure out what races to do this summer, I may go to Mont Bellevue for these races and there is a 12H or 24H race there as well I think, I have a few friends who recently moved in the area, maybe I'll form a team...

Anyway, hope you have a good summer of riding.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Where exactly are you located?

Dan