mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Any updates on Mt.Trashmore WCC Freeride Park?

Just wondering if anyone knows if trailbuilding has begun or when the park will actually open.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I've been wondering the same thing. I do know that WCC pulled out of the effort for some reason. I read the article once a while back but forget the reason. There were others still pushing forward with the city, at the time.

I've noticed something going on at Trashmore, but it doesn't seem to have changed much all summer...

-Dave

mtbr member
    I haven't heard anything recently, but doozerdave is right, the WCC is not heading up the planning anymore, it was passed on to PEIL (a consulting firm). The last I heard they were having a public meeting in back in July, but I never heard anything after that.

Here's a link that announced the public meeting. It has a contact email and phone number for a guy at PEIL near the bottom. You could probably contact him for an update.

http://www.waterloocyclingclub.org/n...asp?itemID=636
    Check out Crankarm; a mountain biking journal from two brothers in Ontario, with trail reviews, equipment reviews, and photos.

mtbr member
    this is the last thing ive heard on it

Thanks for your interest in the park. We have completed the full set of designs / engineering drawings for the project which includes a 4x track; a dirt jump park; a pump track and a freeride course. The Dirt Jump and Free Ride courses will have features for various skill levels. We have also designed a training area at the entrance that will serve as a qualifier to the rest of the larger features throughout the park.

Preparing this detailed set of drawings has proven to be more time consuming than originally anticipated. However, we are at the cost estimate stage and the City will be looking to tender out the project to potential builders in the next month or so. The City has tentatively schedules construction to start this spring. The facility should be ready to ride June 08.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Feel free to pass on the information to your friends, and fellow riders.

Cheers,

Chris Dewar, CPT
    Planning Technician
    Planning & Engineering Initiatives Ltd. (PEIL)

379 Queen Street South
    Kitchener, Ontario N2G 1W6
    Tel: (519) 745-9455 Ext: 1109
    Fax: (519) 745-7647
    Toll Free: 1-877-822-3798
    E-Mail: cdewar@peil.net
    09 Demo 8 I
    06' Big Hit III
    06' Hardrock Pro
    08' P3

Shane C.

Calm Like a Bomb
    that sounds great!!!
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

calma
    This is an e-mail I recieved from Chris:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your interest in the park. We have completed the full set of designs / engineering drawings for the project which includes a 4x track; a dirt jump park; a pump track and a freeride course. The Dirt Jump and Free Ride courses will have features for various skill levels. We have also designed a training area at the entrance that will serve as a qualifier to the rest of the larger features throughout the park.

Preparing this detailed set of drawings has proven to be more time consuming than originally anticipated. However, we are at the cost estimate stage and the City will be looking to tender out the project to potential builders in the next month or so. The City has tentatively schedules construction to start this spring. The facility should be ready to ride June 08.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Feel free to pass on the information to your friends, and fellow riders.

Cheers,

Chris Dewar, CPT
    Planning Technician
    Planning & Engineering Initiatives Ltd. (PEIL)

379 Queen Street South
    Kitchener, Ontario N2G 1W6
    Tel: (519) 745-9455 Ext: 1109
    Fax: (519) 745-7647
    Toll Free: 1-877-822-3798
    E-Mail: cdewar@peil.net

mtbr member
    ^^^Not to be a prick but maybe you should read the posts before you post
    09 Demo 8 I
    06' Big Hit III
    06' Hardrock Pro
    08' P3