mtbr member

Any Place Good to ride this weekend in Southern Ontario?

Was thinking puslinch or even albion could be an option. It pretty dry down here by the QEW anyone been out yet?
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Albion is still snow / mud

mtbr member
    On sunday a few of us are riding Dufferin Forest for the "Homage to Homage to Ice".

Still snow and mud in dufferin too....
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

Maddog
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Was thinking puslinch or even albion could be an option. It pretty dry down here by the QEW anyone been out yet?
    The trails in Port Colborne (Niagara) (Robin Hood lands) are in perfect condition. If you aren't familiar with these trails, it is best to get someone to show you as they aren't marked.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    So if Albion is snow and ice, it would logical that Palgrave would be the same...crap, I was hoping to try the single track there. Miss the dirt.

The don valley trails would be good...but I have a hard time driving from Barrie to Toronto to ride.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What's wrong wit snow and ice? I'll be hitting Puslinch tomorrow because it will be -6C. In and out before it warms and I'm golden!

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You are gonna be blown away by the conditions at Puslinch! I was out all week in the morning hours: Still some icy sections throughout the entranceway, and through some of the Pines Loops-do your part to help the melt: Crush That Ice! The Darkside (South Side ) is virtually clear and is insanely good! Worth going just for that, Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    What's wrong wit snow and ice? I'll be hitting Puslinch tomorrow because it will be -6C. In and out before it warms and I'm golden!

Drew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post

Drew
    -6? Are you riding with a time machine going back a few weeks. The coldest forecast is for -5C.

Strange conditions depending on where you are right now. I have been putting some rode mileage on and there is either no snow, or lots of it still left in the bush. In some areas, I would find it hard to believe that without some warmer temps, things are going to be either closed or squishy and not recommended to ride unless you plan on effing up the trails for a couple of weeks.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty6black View Post
    So if Albion is snow and ice, it would logical that Palgrave would be the same...crap, I was hoping to try the single track there. Miss the dirt.

The don valley trails would be good...but I have a hard time driving from Barrie to Toronto to ride.
    Ya I wouldn't recommend it - there is still plenty of snow and ice in the forest up here - your best bet is most likely The Don in Toronto

This is Albion today https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...84308271_n.jpg - inside the single track is more icy - Palgrave will be the same

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Mud here in Waterdown, which is great if it is frozen...but not so much this weekend.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister View Post
    -6? Are you riding with a time machine going back a few weeks. The coldest forecast is for -5C.

Strange conditions depending on where you are right now. I have been putting some rode mileage on and there is either no snow, or lots of it still left in the bush. In some areas, I would find it hard to believe that without some warmer temps, things are going to be either closed or squishy and not recommended to ride unless you plan on effing up the trails for a couple of weeks.
    You must suscribe to a different weather network. -7 over night and around -2 when I hit the trails at 9. There were very few wet areas at all, although I stayed on the south side completely which was ice free and dry. I took the Ice spikers off a week too soon as some sections towards McDonalds were barely walkable let alone ridabler. By 11 things were warming up too much so I rode the road out and back to my car. It was easy to tell it was time to end the ride as the top cm of soil was melting in a few places, making for some very dicey corners and decents. Judging by the numerous deep frozen ruts I saw earlier in the ride there seem to be quite a few people who have been going out in + temps, which is no good at all.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

max_29
    Albion Hills - ice and mud.

Any Place Good to ride this weekend in Southern Ontario?-p1040068.jpg

S6
    Any Place Good to ride this weekend in Southern Ontario?-p1040063.jpg
    S8
    Any Place Good to ride this weekend in Southern Ontario?-p1040065.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I went out early in the Dundas Valley yesterday hoping it would be frozen but no such luck - even the gravel Main loop was wet. Rode the Pugsley on the rail trail. Love the way the big tires smooth out the horse hoof prints. That stretch between the Jerseyville Rd. crossings is always so rough.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    On sunday a few of us are riding Dufferin Forest for the "Homage to Homage to Ice".

Still snow and mud in dufferin too....
    Did you end up going to Dufferin on Sunday? How were the conditions?
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    Did you end up going to Dufferin on Sunday? How were the conditions?
    We did end up riding sunday yup.
    conditions were good, we were on fat bikes, but still normal bikes would have been good too. Still some snow in the forest, but with the warm temperatures and rain in the forecast it should wipe the snow out pretty good.
    Will be riding there again on wednesday night to see what the conditions are like.
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    We did end up riding sunday yup.
    conditions were good, we were on fat bikes, but still normal bikes would have been good too. Still some snow in the forest, but with the warm temperatures and rain in the forecast it should wipe the snow out pretty good.
    Will be riding there again on wednesday night to see what the conditions are like.
    That's great news, thanks. Please let me know how the Wednesday ride goes. If it rained there like it did in Collingwood today, the snow might just be gone by then.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    We changed our ride from Wednesday to Tuesday, beat the rain as best we can.
    Conditions were great. Still a little wet, but 90% of the singletrack is wide open.

Hopefully the snow doesn't stick around... gonna ride there again Sunday.

Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1566.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  47.8 KB

Any Place Good to ride this weekend in Southern Ontario?-img-20130409-00319.jpg
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!