mtbr member

Any group rides in St.Catharines/Welland?

Besides the St.Catharines Cycling Club and the Liberty 2x4 race series are there any other group rides happening? Mountain bike or road, I like both.

dirt roadie
    Short Hills Cycling Club (Shorthillbillys & Thorold Trail Hogs)
    Niagara Freewheelers

There's also a new recreational road group that operates out of downtown Welland, can't remember their name. Those are what I can think of off the top of my head.

bi-winning
    +1 for the Shorthills cycling club. They post several rides each week in the Niagara area. Mostly mountain, but they also do road riding (mostly when the trail conditions are not favourable.)

Also, on the Wednesdays there is no 8x12 race, a group rides from L!B at about 6:00.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks guys.

Trail Rider
    Hey Limba, I've been organizing a few rides on Saturday's with a couple of friends. So far been going down 20 mile creek to Decew falls/Hydro Hill around Short Hills and the trails below Brock. If you (or anyone else) is interested, we're going to meet at 10.30 this Sat June 13th at Martindale and Erion dr.

Let me know before hand so we can wait up!

mtbr member
    I can't go. I work from 10-5 on Saturdays til the end of June. That's why I'm not joining the SCCC this year, I'm at work when they do their training race, TT and saturday ride. I could go out with them on Sundays but I'd rather do my own thing. In July and August I don't work weekends so I'm up for anything.
    Keep me posted for any future rides though. I appreciate it.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    there is also a ride of the 12mile crik on thursdays at 6pm i'm told.