mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Any good bike paint shop in eastern Canada/USA?

Well the title says it all. I'm in Quebec but willing to ship/transport the bike to a reputable bicycle paint shop. I could try a local automotive paint shop but I 'm worried about the results (drips, angles, hard to reach areas). Thanks.

mtbr member

there was

a powder coating company on craigslist, stating they did bike parts, had nothing done by them though. this was last summer when i noticed the ad.
    good luck.
    if you have an automotive college by you, specializing in paint application, ive heard that flies
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

veldrijder
    Talk to Hugh at True North (www.truenorthcycles.com) - he can hook you up with his paint guy Stefan who does great work, if you don't mind shipping your frame to Kitchener. Otherwise, check out local builders if you know of any. I was pretty sure someone was building frames in QC.

Bored
    Maranoni (sp?) is in Montreal. I think they do painting. There should be a few options in QC for you.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

mtbr member

link

If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy1
    Well the title says it all. I'm in Quebec but willing to ship/transport the bike to a reputable bicycle paint shop. I could try a local automotive paint shop but I 'm worried about the results (drips, angles, hard to reach areas). Thanks.
    talk to True North in Ontario or Louis Garneau in Quebec city. they both do a great job

mtbr member
    also dekerf in qc. isn't it?

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by konajay
    also dekerf in qc. isn't it?
    dekerf is in richmond bc.

the ellusive Stefan did my custom frames for the TransRockies (with decal assistance from True North)...brilliant work but he's not necessarily direct-to-the-the-public. True North may be able to co-ordinate it with their jobs though.

if that doesn't pan out consider dropping it down to NY state - Vicious Cycles does a great job too.

bottom line, if you want unique and top notch, concerns over geography and price are for the uncommitted...if good will do and price is a concern auto shops will do fine...find someone that specialized in motorcycles and you are good.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO