mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Albion hills races

If someone wanted to enter a Tuesday night race at Albion Hills, can you just sign up when you get there? Or is there some other procedure that you must follow?

Thanks

bi-winning
    Yes, you can sign up the evening of the race. You will need an OCA license/permit, which I believe is also available at the venue.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeee
    If someone wanted to enter a Tuesday night race at Albion Hills, can you just sign up when you get there? Or is there some other procedure that you must follow?

Thanks
    Just keep in mind that there is only two more of these starting with this Tuesday. Not sure when you were planning to head up.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Yes, you can sign up the evening of the race. You will need an OCA license/permit, which I believe is also available at the venue.
    You can get a day-of licence, which is (I THINK) $5. I believe it's $12 for the race itself (good deal). This Tuesday is the Hot August Nights preview course. And corn roast! Next Tuesday is the last one. Expect a singlespeeders' "slow race" and awards.

OCD
    I'm thinking of making the trek out to Albion from Kitchener for tomorrows race (if the weather forecast for tomorrow is completely incorrect). Having never been to one of these races, what time should I aim to arrive in order to have time for "day of" registration, including filling out any necessary paperwork for a single day license?

Cheers,

-Jeff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsquid
    what time should I aim to arrive in order to have time for "day of" registration, including filling out any necessary paperwork for a single day license?
    If you arrive around 6pm, you should have plenty of time to do the registration (allow 15-20 min., as there will probably be more people registering due to the HAN course preview night), and a nice warm up ride. Race starts at 7pm.

Arek

OCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek
    If you arrive around 6pm, you should have plenty of time to do the registration (allow 15-20 min., as there will probably be more people registering due to the HAN course preview night), and a nice warm up ride. Race starts at 7pm.

Arek
    Cool, 6pm should be doable if I come in to work early tomorrow morning. Now to keep an eye on the T-Storms...

Thanks.

Jeff