Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Misfit Psycles

Albion Hills Conditions And Rejuvenation

Please be advised I am posting this information as a concerned Albion local and friend of Chico Racing...I do not represent Chico Racing or the TRCA but i am staying at a holiday inn express tonight.

[SIZE="5"]EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE TRAILS OF ALBION HILLS ARE CLOSED TO MOUNTAIN BIKING.[/SIZE]

In a joint decision by Chico racing and the TRCA the trails will be closed for 'repair', (tentatively) reopening on Sunday June 28th.

PLEASE RESPECT THIS CLOSURE.

During this time the necessary 'repairs' will be made. Weather and general success permitting, the trails will open on schedule Sunday morning.

If necessary and at the discretion of Chico Racing and the TRCA, the closure may be extended. Please check here, with Chico Racing or with Albion Hills staff.

NOTES:

THE TUESDAY RACE SERIES IS CANCELLED FOR JUNE 23.

Explanation not necessary and self evident. All full-season riders will and can enjoy FREE entry to the wednesday series at King if they are so inclined.

OPEN TRAIL MAINTENANCE DAY ON JUNE 27th.

In a rare move by the super-hermit Sean he (and Chico) have announced an open invitation to volunteers to assist in trail maintenance.

Those interested should RSVP (in advance) to sean@chicoracing.com
    Work will begin at 10am sharp at the main chalet.
    Bring grubbing tools (hoes, hard rakes) and an IQ above the common house fly.

Once again I dont speak for Sean, but suffice to say "I told you so'ers" should stay home...I don't see the point...

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Thanks for your consideration and understanding.

Sincerely,

Part of the Problem.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Misfit Psycles
    BTW - if you have friends with lives outside cyberspace please cut/paste and email.

Sean et al are looking for a solid 50 souls.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Good call!

I should be able to make it out on Saturday morning to help out. I won't wear flippy floppys this time.

mtbr member
    If I can only find a babysitter, I'll be there for sure.

Arek

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I'm a totally dark as far as trail building but the thought of swinging hoes has perked my attention. I have put in my request for a day release pass for Saturday from the powers to be and I expect to be in attendance.
    Jouko

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    I'm a totally dark as far as trail building but the thought of swinging hoes has perked my attention. I have put in my request for a day release pass for Saturday from the powers to be and I expect to be in attendance.
    REST ASSURED...you wont be allowed to f-up the trails.

volunteers will be broken up into managable groups with a lead or something.

sean will be circulating to ensure even thugs such at the nuckingfuts do good!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Posted on Dropmachine.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    This has also been posted to the Lapdog's forum. I plan to be there provided my concussion is feeling better by then, I'll bring some tools too.

I took a walk up S1 on Sunday morning, if the damage there is any indication as to what the rest of the course looks like we have a lot of work to do.

Singlespeed Mysty

I'll be there

with rake and hoe...

I don't know about the IQ but I think I can manage ...

I already sent an email to Sean & Chico this morning before I saw this post.

Let's do this!
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Interesting how the Fun and Trail Nazi's who have been Trolling up the other threads have not responded.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

mtbr member
    I wish I could make it up there to help out, but I'm flying out Saturday morning.

I didn't race, but I'd like to show my support for what the Chico boys are doing. They have handled this exactly how they should have. Kudos and good karma for that and to everyone who gives their time Saturday.
    Dan
    Ontario, Canada

2007 Cannondale Scalpel 1
    2005 Cannondale Rush 1000
    2004 Cannondale Chase

Team Speed Co-Founder
    Team Speed will be there!
    Thou Shalt Always Respect the Plight

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good plan, see everyone on Sat.

Sir Hurt Locker
    One day I will buy a car and start attending these trail days, that day will come once I finish school
    Cheers,

Seb

banned
    Feb 2005

Rain Shiner

Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread." If you get pushed and do not push back are you not going in the wrong direction ????

enuramil asking me to help fix a problem that I called from a long way off while you saw no need to ask your race promoter as to how they would handle it is well dumb...sort like asking me to take down signs, pocket garbage and fix trails from a race that had no BUSINESS being there. Yes I am still riding by signs on my trails that I was assured would be removed right after the race.

I have yet to hear anything positive from you about how the run a rain or shine event??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tyred
    Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread." If you get pushed and do not push back are you not going in the wrong direction ????

enuramil asking me to help fix a problem that I called from a long way off while you saw no need to ask your race promoter as to how they would handle it is well dumb...sort like asking me to take down signs, pocket garbage and fix trails from a race that had no BUSINESS being there. Yes I am still riding by signs on my trails that I was assured would be removed right after the race.

I have yet to hear anything positive from you about how the run a rain or shine event??
    Interpretation required.

Evil Jr.
    Team Monster would gladly be there to pitch in if it wasn't Day Zero of BCBR. Thanks in advance to everyone that does make it out there for the rebuild. Albion is like a second home to us!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread."
    This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread' I figured this would be exactly the sort of thread you'd like to see (since you keep complaining about how things werent handled responsibly in your area). I guess I was wrong. In an ideal world the trails would have been dry; they were not, and things were handled in a realistic and practical fashion culminating in a request for help to restore the trails to their pre-race shape. IMO there is little room for criticism or negative thought in this thread so unless you want to come out and offer your support maybe you should refrain from further posts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beereppc
    This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread' I figured this would be exactly the sort of thread you'd like to see (since you keep complaining about how things werent handled responsibly in your area). I guess I was wrong. In an ideal world the trails would have been dry; they were not, and things were handled in a realistic and practical fashion culminating in a request for help to restore the trails to their pre-race shape. IMO there is little room for criticism or negative thought in this thread so unless you want to come out and offer your support maybe you should refrain from further posts.
    Very well put...Take the negativity to another thread...This is great to see the community, racing, riding, volunteers, whatever, working to fix the damage.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Photograph
    I plan to be there provided my concussion is feeling better by then, I'll bring some tools too.
    Did you land on your head?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet

c'mon monster

what you are talking about is his birth defect...

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster

sock puppet

you have YOUR trails? did you win a lottery or just feeling weird today?

Albion Hills trails will be fixed and we'll be racing there again... i am having difficulties supporting your views. Yes, we are all concerned about the well being of the trail system, but not to the point of being trail Nazis... That is kinda counterproductive...

do you drive your car at all? even though hit is polluting the air and depleting the ozone in the atmosphere or whatever???

don't be hypocritical...

Yes I am still riding by signs on [SIZE="6"]my trails[/SIZE] that I was assured would be removed right after the race.
    ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    ...Ah forget it.
    I don't like Phat Tyred.

I think we could all do better to share our positive love for mountain biking.
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

LBS Manager
    It is good to see the effort being put out to rebuild the trails but the only responsible thing to do was to call off the race before it started. Most of the damage was done in the first 4-6 hours. No mtber in their right mind would ever ride trails that wet if it wasn't a race. I chose not to race at the last minute because it was easy to predict the outcome and I did not want to participate in the 1000 man gang rape of the trails. I was shocked and appalled that Chico let this race start and proceed to destroy not only the trails but the Chalet are as well. For those who don't know Albion Hills holds event such as weddings there. I truly don't care if all the race enthusiasts flame me I had to get this off my chest. No race is worth the damage that was done to those trails. I hope The TRCA and Albion Hills will put some sort of rain clause in future contracts with race promoters.
    If I can get this sat off work ( which is highly unlikely after taking last weekend off) I will be there to help out anyway I can because Albion Hills is my favorite place to ride and I would like to give something back.
    I hope everyone involved feels it was worth it because I surly don't. There I have said my peice This is the last post I will make on the subject. I you dissagree with me fine if you want to flame me thats fine to just think about what I said.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I got hit by a car last week when a driver blew a red light hit and then and dragged me for 30 feet before the rear wheel of my bike folded tossing me head first into the road. Yes, the police took him away and laid five charges against him. I'll be OK in a week or so, just the noggin, road rash and a few bruises to heal up. I count myself as lucky.

OK, back on topic...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast