Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Misfit Psycles

Albion Hills Conditions And Rejuvenation

Please be advised I am posting this information as a concerned Albion local and friend of Chico Racing...I do not represent Chico Racing or the TRCA but i am staying at a holiday inn express tonight.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE TRAILS OF ALBION HILLS ARE CLOSED TO MOUNTAIN BIKING.

In a joint decision by Chico racing and the TRCA the trails will be closed for 'repair', (tentatively) reopening on Sunday June 28th.

PLEASE RESPECT THIS CLOSURE.

During this time the necessary 'repairs' will be made. Weather and general success permitting, the trails will open on schedule Sunday morning.

If necessary and at the discretion of Chico Racing and the TRCA, the closure may be extended. Please check here, with Chico Racing or with Albion Hills staff.

NOTES:

THE TUESDAY RACE SERIES IS CANCELLED FOR JUNE 23.

Explanation not necessary and self evident. All full-season riders will and can enjoy FREE entry to the wednesday series at King if they are so inclined.

OPEN TRAIL MAINTENANCE DAY ON JUNE 27th.

In a rare move by the super-hermit Sean he (and Chico) have announced an open invitation to volunteers to assist in trail maintenance.

Those interested should RSVP (in advance) to sean@chicoracing.com
    Work will begin at 10am sharp at the main chalet.
    Bring grubbing tools (hoes, hard rakes) and an IQ above the common house fly.

Once again I dont speak for Sean, but suffice to say "I told you so'ers" should stay home...I don't see the point...

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Thanks for your consideration and understanding.

Sincerely,

Part of the Problem.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Misfit Psycles
    BTW - if you have friends with lives outside cyberspace please cut/paste and email.

Sean et al are looking for a solid 50 souls.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Good call!

I should be able to make it out on Saturday morning to help out. I won't wear flippy floppys this time.

mtbr member
    If I can only find a babysitter, I'll be there for sure.

Arek

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I'm a totally dark as far as trail building but the thought of swinging hoes has perked my attention. I have put in my request for a day release pass for Saturday from the powers to be and I expect to be in attendance.
    Jouko

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    I'm a totally dark as far as trail building but the thought of swinging hoes has perked my attention. I have put in my request for a day release pass for Saturday from the powers to be and I expect to be in attendance.
    REST ASSURED...you wont be allowed to f-up the trails.

volunteers will be broken up into managable groups with a lead or something.

sean will be circulating to ensure even thugs such at the nuckingfuts do good!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Posted on Dropmachine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    This has also been posted to the Lapdog's forum. I plan to be there provided my concussion is feeling better by then, I'll bring some tools too.

I took a walk up S1 on Sunday morning, if the damage there is any indication as to what the rest of the course looks like we have a lot of work to do.

Singlespeed Mysty

I'll be there

with rake and hoe...

I don't know about the IQ but I think I can manage ...

I already sent an email to Sean & Chico this morning before I saw this post.

Let's do this!
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Interesting how the Fun and Trail Nazi's who have been Trolling up the other threads have not responded.

mtbr member
    I wish I could make it up there to help out, but I'm flying out Saturday morning.

I didn't race, but I'd like to show my support for what the Chico boys are doing. They have handled this exactly how they should have. Kudos and good karma for that and to everyone who gives their time Saturday.
    Dan
    Ontario, Canada

2007 Cannondale Scalpel 1
    2005 Cannondale Rush 1000
    2004 Cannondale Chase

Team Speed Co-Founder
    Team Speed will be there!
    Thou Shalt Always Respect the Plight

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good plan, see everyone on Sat.

Sir Hurt Locker
    One day I will buy a car and start attending these trail days, that day will come once I finish school
    Cheers,

Seb

banned
    Feb 2005

Rain Shiner

Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread." If you get pushed and do not push back are you not going in the wrong direction ????

enuramil asking me to help fix a problem that I called from a long way off while you saw no need to ask your race promoter as to how they would handle it is well dumb...sort like asking me to take down signs, pocket garbage and fix trails from a race that had no BUSINESS being there. Yes I am still riding by signs on my trails that I was assured would be removed right after the race.

I have yet to hear anything positive from you about how the run a rain or shine event??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tyred
    Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread." If you get pushed and do not push back are you not going in the wrong direction ????

enuramil asking me to help fix a problem that I called from a long way off while you saw no need to ask your race promoter as to how they would handle it is well dumb...sort like asking me to take down signs, pocket garbage and fix trails from a race that had no BUSINESS being there. Yes I am still riding by signs on my trails that I was assured would be removed right after the race.

I have yet to hear anything positive from you about how the run a rain or shine event??
    Interpretation required.

Evil Jr.
    Team Monster would gladly be there to pitch in if it wasn't Day Zero of BCBR. Thanks in advance to everyone that does make it out there for the rebuild. Albion is like a second home to us!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Blame it on enduramil as to way I am now in your "we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread."
    This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread' I figured this would be exactly the sort of thread you'd like to see (since you keep complaining about how things werent handled responsibly in your area). I guess I was wrong. In an ideal world the trails would have been dry; they were not, and things were handled in a realistic and practical fashion culminating in a request for help to restore the trails to their pre-race shape. IMO there is little room for criticism or negative thought in this thread so unless you want to come out and offer your support maybe you should refrain from further posts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beereppc
    This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread' I figured this would be exactly the sort of thread you'd like to see (since you keep complaining about how things werent handled responsibly in your area). I guess I was wrong. In an ideal world the trails would have been dry; they were not, and things were handled in a realistic and practical fashion culminating in a request for help to restore the trails to their pre-race shape. IMO there is little room for criticism or negative thought in this thread so unless you want to come out and offer your support maybe you should refrain from further posts.
    Very well put...Take the negativity to another thread...This is great to see the community, racing, riding, volunteers, whatever, working to fix the damage.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Photograph
    I plan to be there provided my concussion is feeling better by then, I'll bring some tools too.
    Did you land on your head?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet

c'mon monster

what you are talking about is his birth defect...

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster

sock puppet

you have YOUR trails? did you win a lottery or just feeling weird today?

Albion Hills trails will be fixed and we'll be racing there again... i am having difficulties supporting your views. Yes, we are all concerned about the well being of the trail system, but not to the point of being trail Nazis... That is kinda counterproductive...

do you drive your car at all? even though hit is polluting the air and depleting the ozone in the atmosphere or whatever???

don't be hypocritical...

Yes I am still riding by signs on my trails that I was assured would be removed right after the race.
    ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    ...Ah forget it.
    I don't like Phat Tyred.

I think we could all do better to share our positive love for mountain biking.
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

LBS Manager
    It is good to see the effort being put out to rebuild the trails but the only responsible thing to do was to call off the race before it started. Most of the damage was done in the first 4-6 hours. No mtber in their right mind would ever ride trails that wet if it wasn't a race. I chose not to race at the last minute because it was easy to predict the outcome and I did not want to participate in the 1000 man gang rape of the trails. I was shocked and appalled that Chico let this race start and proceed to destroy not only the trails but the Chalet are as well. For those who don't know Albion Hills holds event such as weddings there. I truly don't care if all the race enthusiasts flame me I had to get this off my chest. No race is worth the damage that was done to those trails. I hope The TRCA and Albion Hills will put some sort of rain clause in future contracts with race promoters.
    If I can get this sat off work ( which is highly unlikely after taking last weekend off) I will be there to help out anyway I can because Albion Hills is my favorite place to ride and I would like to give something back.
    I hope everyone involved feels it was worth it because I surly don't. There I have said my peice This is the last post I will make on the subject. I you dissagree with me fine if you want to flame me thats fine to just think about what I said.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I got hit by a car last week when a driver blew a red light hit and then and dragged me for 30 feet before the rear wheel of my bike folded tossing me head first into the road. Yes, the police took him away and laid five charges against him. I'll be OK in a week or so, just the noggin, road rash and a few bruises to heal up. I count myself as lucky.

OK, back on topic...

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

I called you out because of your behaviour. You *****, snivel, and whine about race director's not giving a rats ass. Yet after things went south on the weekend a race director actually is going in to repair trail. Which funnily enough is the same thing you whined about in a previous thread.

Yet despite Chico Racing actually doing what you snivel about you continue to snivel. So what is the message here? It's simple really, they do trail work they *****, they don't you *****. So no matter what they do you aren't happy. So the simplest solution would be to do nothing as you will still *****.

Yes I get it, you hate me. Thats great because I love the fact you hate me and am quite comfortable with that. In fact it warms my heart. And yes I'm an asswhole.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    Albion Hills trails will be fixed and we'll be racing there again... i am having difficulties supporting your views. Yes, we are all concerned about the well being of the trail system, but not to the point of being trail Nazis... That is kinda counterproductive...

do you drive your car at all? even though hit is polluting the air and depleting the ozone in the atmosphere or whatever???

don't be hypocritical...
    Arguing with Phat Tyred is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Mildly amusing but mostly painful.

sock puppet

hmm, upon trying suggested method

i found it only painful.

what part of it did you find mildly amusing, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil
    Arguing with Phat Tyred is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Mildly amusing but mostly painful.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Photograph
    I got hit by a car last week when a driver blew a red light hit and then and dragged me for 30 feet before the rear wheel of my bike folded tossing me head first into the road. Yes, the police took him away and laid five charges against him. I'll be OK in a week or so, just the noggin, road rash and a few bruises to heal up. I count myself as lucky.

OK, back on topic...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    It is good to see the effort being put out to rebuild the trails but the only responsible thing to do was to call off the race before it started. Most of the damage was done in the first 4-6 hours. No mtber in their right mind would ever ride trails that wet if it wasn't a race. I chose not to race at the last minute because it was easy to predict the outcome and I did not want to participate in the 1000 man gang rape of the trails. I was shocked and appalled that Chico let this race start and proceed to destroy not only the trails but the Chalet are as well. For those who don't know Albion Hills holds event such as weddings there. I truly don't care if all the race enthusiasts flame me I had to get this off my chest. No race is worth the damage that was done to those trails. I hope The TRCA and Albion Hills will put some sort of rain clause in future contracts with race promoters.
    If I can get this sat off work ( which is highly unlikely after taking last weekend off) I will be there to help out anyway I can because Albion Hills is my favorite place to ride and I would like to give something back.
    I hope everyone involved feels it was worth it because I surly don't. There I have said my peice This is the last post I will make on the subject. I you dissagree with me fine if you want to flame me thats fine to just think about what I said.
    Well said JHB and you share the sentiments of many others.

Racing like Lemmings over a cliff...

More than a little slow
    Most of the damage was done in the first 4-6 hours.
    No it wasn't. Most of the damage was done after 6:30 pm when the last lot of rain started to fall. Prior to that most of the course was recovering nicely. The first section of the course was not recovering and Chico closed off that portion at, what, 6pm?

I had more to say but I've changed my mind about attempting to express it
    Last edited by dskunk; 06-23-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Cheers, Dave

banned
    Feb 2005
    Please be patient with me this might take some time to rub mud in the face of all the people who do not think they need to worry about what a race promoter will do with someone's volunteer time, but this is alot easier then building sweet narrow singletrack, sounds like you dummies are going to find out.

osokolo "do you drive your car at all? " actually a truck and I heard there is a new 400 series highway in the albion area, but I do not want to get any mud on it, so let me know when the highway is clean.

I call them my trails because I care most about them, not because I don't like riding with lots of people from our community.

Gears, beers and slices..
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgobie
    I don't like Phat Tyred.
    He's like an activist that goes so far left wing that that nobody really listens to them anymore. "Hear me people, hear me. What do I have to do to get you to hear me????" It wouldn't at all surprise me if one day he actually set fire to Copeland/Horseshoe just to keep people off HIS trails. Really, you can justify anything when you're that deeply disturbed. "Now let me see you ride MY trails. (followed by lunatic laugh from Dark Side of the Moon)"

On a positive note...congrats to everyone for showing their support. This is a very responsible move from Chico. The damage is done, and there is no changing that, so it's good to see people rallying to fix things up. I hope to make it.

mtbr member
    I left a foot print or two on the trails, I'm planning on being there.

banned
    Feb 2005

Palgrave Conservation Area

I am sure
    mtbmeister
    RaceDayRush.com
    was going to post something like this, guess he is a little busy with his MTB business.

Please drop by Palgrave, just a little north, west of Albion for some sweet narrow singletrack Albion may be screwed for awhile, but Palgrave is ready to be pounded.

mtbmeister I am looking to start up a spring racing thingy, and I know how much you are into helping promote racing, Do you see any problem with ramming a race through that little gem rain or shine next spring.

Please let me know who to contact at TRCA, it will be muddy, but most important it will be fun. Is that not negative enough for you???

Thanks in advance for all your help.

banned
    Feb 2005

Puckering Lane

Maybe move the Albion race thingy to Puckering Lane. It is like a narrow singletrack compared to Albion's stuff.

Sorry Everyone but the list grows so everyone will need to stay inline. sheep are so easy to deal with.

Thrash NY in short MY trails were damaged by a race they support and they laughed at me, need more info????

Beereppc"This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread'
    Did it really feel good to do that to a trail system??? You need to try the Palgrave stuff.

mtbr member

Omg

Shut the hell up!!!!!

Nobody else sees eye to eye with you. you are obviously in the minority.
    lots of us like riding/racing at Albion. If it happens to rain on a weekend that an event is planned there is nothing any of us can do about it. None of us knew what the future held in store, but you cant cancel a race every time you think it might rain. we know now that it did rain, and some damage was done. We can also go in and fix it, and we might even end up with better trails.
    hey, the glaciers did alot more damage than this and we all kinda like how southern ontario turned out after that.

get off your high horse!

Maybe move the Albion race thingy to Puckering Lane. It is like a narrow singletrack compared to Albion's stuff.

Sorry Everyone but the list grows so everyone will need to stay inline. sheep are so easy to deal with.

Thrash NY in short MY trails were damaged by a race they support and they laughed at me, need more info????

Beereppc"This is not a 'we screwed the trails and now we can't ride thread', but a 'lets deal responsibly with the consequences of the fun we had on the weekend thread'
    Did it really feel good to do that to a trail system??? You need to try the Palgrave stuff.

banned
    Feb 2005

Snow Birds

The snow birds will be putting on a show tomorrow night in Orillia. They are good to go after being grounded for an ejection seat problem. In case of an emergency they need to do something before they crash and burn. Kind of like running a mountain bike through the mud and stopping it only after the trails are trashed.

hey, the glaciers did allot more damage than this and we all kinda like how southern ontario turned out after that.
    Good one you get to go to the front of the line Dover, is your first name Ben???
    How long did it take to recover from the Glaciers???
    Pizza I told you this could happen but you would not listen, but at least you managed to post something true, atta boy!!! "The damage is done, and there is no changing that"

Please stop, please stop. you say...well....
    O KAY repeat after me " I will only race at Hardwood Hills if I choose to race in Oro-Medonte" And I will go away and leave you people to your mess.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover
    Shut the hell up!!!!!

Nobody else sees eye to eye with you. you are obviously in the minority.
    lots of us like riding/racing at Albion. If it happens to rain on a weekend that an event is planned there is nothing any of us can do about it. None of us knew what the future held in store, but you cant cancel a race every time you think it might rain. we know now that it did rain, and some damage was done. We can also go in and fix it, and we might even end up with better trails.
    hey, the glaciers did alot more damage than this and we all kinda like how southern ontario turned out after that.

get off your high horse!

I see eye to eye with him.

Most of the people here feel bad about a trail that got damaged and want to do there part to help fix it.Thats awesome. All will run home at the end of the day and tell all their friends how they did their part to fix a damaged trail. Most will do no more trail work this year or ever again. However all will be out riding somewhere next weekend.

Start thinking about the big picture of how the trail got there in the first place. Most trails are put in by a handfull of people quietly doing many hours/years of work for the sole enjoyment of riding.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan2
    I see eye to eye with him.

Most of the people here feel bad about a trail that got damaged and want to do there part to help fix it.Thats awesome. All will run home at the end of the day and tell all their friends how they did their part to fix a damaged trail. Most will do no more trail work this year or ever again. However all will be out riding somewhere next weekend.

Start thinking about the big picture of how the trail got there in the first place. Most trails are put in by a handfull of people quietly doing many hours/years of work for the sole enjoyment of riding.

If 50 people who have not ever done any trail maintenance in their lives come out on Saturday to help put things right, how can that be a bad thing? If one of those 50 people volunteers their time regularly after Saturday for trail building, then that is f***** brilliant. How's that for big picture.

Oh and by the way, Phat Tyred, shut the **** up.

NormalNorm
    Good to see that everyone is stepping up to the plate.

Just something to think about....remember the 24hr race at Kelso? Its never been back, and that was one of the nails in the coffin for 24hr Adrenalin group.

Packed up the next day after a major storm/destroying the trails....and rode off into the sunset. Not good.

sock puppet

hmmm... keyboard warrior...

is this how you get aroused?

why don't you come out on Saturday and repeat this in person?

otherwise, you stated your case and most of use don't give a flying PHUCK about your feelings. Start doing what you preach - yourself, and maybe you will regain some credibility.

In the meantime, you may as well stop dreaming that anyone would be remotely frightened by your toughness. The dog that barks doesn't bite.

Come out on Saturday and show your care for the trails. Stop barking at the moon...

Enduramil glad to hear you are doing better, you seamed a little frightened earlier, Something about my swearing during a PM, then you worked up the nerve to try it yourself, such blaspheme, very obscene language, I guess "*******************"
    You stupid phuck, can you not do anything right.
    Stay out of the mud dummy and repeat after me " I will only race at Hardwood Hills if I choose to race in Oro-Medonte."
    </you>

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just thinking... what's the relationship with the 'Albion Hills Powers at be' and event organizers regarding the ability to cancel a race? Could the Albion Hills people have stepped in earlier to shut it down? Were they monitoring the trails during the event?

(Disclaimer: not trying to blame any parties involved, just curious).

mtbr member
    I am sure
    mtbmeister
    RaceDayRush.com
    was going to post something like this, guess he is a little busy with his MTB business.

Please drop by Palgrave, just a little north, west of Albion for some sweet narrow singletrack Albion may be screwed for awhile, but Palgrave is ready to be pounded.

mtbmeister I am looking to start up a spring racing thingy, and I know how much you are into helping promote racing, Do you see any problem with ramming a race through that little gem rain or shine next spring.

Please let me know who to contact at TRCA, it will be muddy, but most important it will be fun. Is that not negative enough for you???

I really wish I could avoid such narrow minded approaches as yours. Funny you mention my business, which if you knew anything about is free to anyone who wishes to view what we post there. Good for you for doing your homework on that. I must be the devil promoter's brother to you.

Also, we are not a race promotor organizing events, only the sport that many of the posters here love. Our site is a becoming a destination for those of us who enjoy what it is we do. Sorry that you're bothered by our promotion of something you are vehemently opposed to. You clearly have missed the boat that "some" of these trail systems are there and stay there due to race revenue. If you take your head out of your @ss for a couple of minutes, I bet you could think of some trails that you right where their existence, condition, and facilities that accompany them are a result of the race community. I love to ride just to ride too, but will not be called out for participating in an event on wet trails. And nor did I find this event particularly fun until it was called and I could have a couple of pops with my teammates in the RV.

I have nothing to do with organizing events, and don't feel the need to entertain your jack@ss approach to chastising anyone that supports something you don't endeavor to do. You have called out everyone on this forum that just happens to like racing or participates in these events. I really hope I, or another one of my friends from this community whom you've blasted, doesn't run into you on a trail looking for help...I guess we wouldn't know who you were unfortunately and would still help being this is the kind of people "most" of us are.

As other have suggested, you are truly a small minority...Others in that minority just have much more tact and diplomacy...

mtbr member
    I am sure
    mtbmeister
    RaceDayRush.com

I really wish I could avoid such narrow minded approaches as yours. Funny you mention my business, which if you knew anything about is free to anyone who wishes to view what we post there. Good for you for doing your homework on that. I must be the devil promoter's brother to you.

Also, we are not a race promotor organizing events, only the sport that many of the posters here love. Our site is a becoming a destination for those of us who enjoy what it is we do. Sorry that you're bothered by our promotion of something you are vehemently opposed to. You clearly have missed the boat that "some" of these trail systems are there and stay there due to race revenue. If you take your head out of your @ss for a couple of minutes, I bet you could think of some trails that you right where their existence, condition, and facilities that accompany them are a result of the race community. I love to ride just to ride too, but will not be called out for participating in an event on wet trails. And nor did I find this event particularly fun until it was called and I could have a couple of pops with my teammates in the RV.

I have nothing to do with organizing events, and don't feel the need to entertain your jack@ss approach to chastising anyone that supports something you don't endeavor to do. You have called out everyone on this forum that just happens to like racing or participates in these events. I really hope I, or another one of my friends from this community whom you've blasted, doesn't run into you on a trail looking for help...I guess we wouldn't know who you were unfortunately and would still help being this is the kind of people "most" of us are.

As other have suggested, you are truly a small minority...Others in that minority just have much more tact and diplomacy...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutzy
    Just thinking... what's the relationship with the 'Albion Hills Powers at be' and event organizers regarding the ability to cancel a race? Could the Albion Hills people have stepped in earlier to shut it down? Were they monitoring the trails during the event?

(Disclaimer: not trying to blame any parties involved, just curious).
    It is likely that they could...But let's understand that Sean has extensive experience with these and other trails and can likely discern when it's time better than a TRCA staff member depending on who they are. And while a couple of other posters don't like this, it is a fact that the TRCA makes a hell of a lot of money from these events...So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    It is likely that they could...But let's understand that Sean has extensive experience with these and other trails and can likely discern when it's time better than a TRCA staff member depending on who they are. And while a couple of other posters don't like this, it is a fact that the TRCA makes a hell of a lot of money from these events...So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Yep, good point on the experience.

Wish I could be there for the clean-up on saturday to help out, and learn a little about trail building. Stupid exams!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Enduramil glad to hear you are doing better, you seamed a little frightened earlier, Something about my swearing during a PM, then you worked up the nerve to try it yourself, such blaspheme, very obscene language, I guess "*******************"
    You stupid phuck, can you not do anything right.
    Stay out of the mud dummy and repeat after me " I will only race at Hardwood Hills if I choose to race in Oro-Medonte."
    Hmm, since your memory is a little hazy a little refresher for Herr Phat Tyred.

From my PM inbox.

"4 Weeks Ago
    Phat Tyred
    Get Lost
    Phuck U
    You are one stupid a$$..stay a racer boy....you are too dumb to be anything else.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage
    A simple message asking for help to repair some trails and it turns into a debate. The way you people are arguing you would think that world peace was at stake! Why don't you put all of you energy into fixing the trails instead of clogging up bandwidth.
    This isn't a debate anymore, this is now sporting.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    and probably overweight.

sorry for trespassing YOUR trails. I will make sure to sign up for the remaining races this year just so that you lose your sleep over it...

I will also keep dreaming about meeting you on your trails... seriously...
    This mud argument reminds me.

I need to practice my Cyclocross technique as per Veteran Youth's suggestion. I have an exellent mud bog area to practice in. I think tomorrow is a Cross day.

sock puppet

You are one stupid a$$..stay a racer boy....you are too dumb to be anything else.

racer boy???

racer = too dumb?

hmmm, pretty pitiPHul. This individual needs some maturity counseling and anger management help. It is time to move on and end this useless debate.

Hmm, since your memory is a little hazy a little refresher for Herr Phat Tyred.

From my PM inbox.

"4 Weeks Ago
    Phat Tyred
    Get Lost
    Phuck U

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I hope the land that Phat Tyred thinks is his turns into a landfill...

Thats the only thing I get from him posting.

If he could step out of his black hole of crap he'd realize maybe hes as bad for the sport of mtb as the ppl he hates.
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

Misfit Psycles
    the internet makes people awesome.

i want to bottle it.

it does to 'adults' what two strawberry durango's did to skinny boys in highschool.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    the internet makes people awesome.

i want to bottle it.

it does to 'adults' what two strawberry durango's did to skinny boys in highschool.

Ok, WTF is a Strawberry Durango? I assume it's some kind of sissy Metro Sexual drink.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    This is the kind of thread that makes you want to update your ignore list.

Helpful link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/profile.php?do=editlist
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug

Helpful link:

yes. a feature too many people dont know about.

i wish there was an 'explode' list...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug

Helpful link:

GOLDEN!
    Was wondering why there was nothing like that here!
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    i wish there was an 'explode' list...
    Actually there is. I'll have my people contact your people to arrange the appropriate transfer of funds as well as explain our various explosive options that can fit your requirements.

Please be advised all transactions are cash only. We do not accept plastic, cheque, chariot wheels, or any other form of payment.

Evil Jr.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Some guy
    Jul 2007
    Removing redundant post now that Adam has posted.
    Last edited by McGuillicuddy; 06-24-2009 at 01:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The 2009 24 Hours of Summer Solstice was definitely a race for the history books! We have organized a combined seventeen 24 hour events in our history, and this is the second one to get shut down due to mother nature.

Spring in Southern Ontario has been a challenge this year with a higher water table and more rainfall since the year 2000. Sean developed a “rain” course utilizing most of the best drained trails at Albion Hills, combined with some clay based trails we just had to use to keep the course within the camping area. If you got a chance to ride the course Friday night it was a fabulous, fast and flowing work of art! I want to commend Sean on a wonderful job. On Saturday morning Sean removed singletrack that would be most hurt from the rain and took many sections out of the course completely. The preservation and long-term development of the trails is something we take seriously.

Heavy rains Saturday night, Saturday morning and off-and-on downpours during Saturday into the evening meant the course just met it’s over saturation point. Once evening hit there was no opportunity for the course to dry and the bikes created a soupy, muddy mess that became unrideable. The course was absolutely no fun, it was super-slow, tough on equipment and morale and safety crews were having a hard time getting in and out of the course. There was virtually nothing rideable left and it was time to shut it down.

The Cleanup – While it is true that 24 hour racing is challenging on trails, and this race was especially tough, nobody works harder and puts more into the Albion Hills trail system than Chico Racing. Our 24 hour events and the revenue it generates for Albion Hills Conservation Area and Chico Racing means we have resources to put into the trails, and we are long-term committed to mountain biking. We have plans to continuously improve the trails system and restore parts affected by general riding, wet weather and racing. Ultimately a race like this was unfortunate, but long-term we know it will mean a better trail system for everyone. All of the singletrack at Albion was created by us for racing with the added benefit of regular mountain bike trails for the public.

Albion Hills is shut down for mountain biking, until Sunday, June 28. We need to assess the affected trails and fix them prior to opening the area back up again.

Saturday Trail Maintenance Day – In order to get this trail system back running quickly we have had piles of people interested in giving us a hand .We appreciate the massive support we have already felt as the mountain bike community really comes together. If you are interested in helping us this Saturday contact sean@chicoracing.com , keep in mind we can only coordinate 70 people and we already have 50 booked! You must RSVP with Sean if you are interested in coming, because of the limited space left! Sean, Matt and I will be there working along with you! This fall we are working on something with the TRCA to improve and strengthen the entire trail system, along with our regular fall trail improvements.

For those of you who think that I made some incorrect decisions, and that in hindsight I should have made other ones, I suggest you stop criticizing Chico Racing, give us a bit of time and WATCH WHAT WE DO! We are going to use this as a great learning experience, we are going to put MORE into the trail systems at Albion and we are going to continue organizing the BEST 24 hour races in North America! I stand by the decisions I made, and this experience will help us improve the future of Albion and our events. We are in this for the long-term.

Regards,

Adam Ruppel

mtbr member
    Hard to believe that we all have mountain biking in common!
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    This post has become very interesting to say the least. Just to add to the link. Technically Phat Tyre has actually wreck the forrest himself. Did you ask Mother Nature if you could put the trails in?? Were the trails always there??? No they were'nt If you want to get on the tree hugger side of things I think you should sell you car also and never drive on the roads again.

Chico Racing has done huge things for the Ontario cycling scene, race organizer bring more trails to an area and also more people into the sport. This also means they fix the damage when it it done. Out of curiousity Phat Tyre are the trails at Albion yours also????

Just a dumb@ss racers random thoughts after a beer.

Somebody mentioned that the last 24 Hour of Adrenaline race was done and left Ontario after the Kelso race because of trail damage. There were a lot more reasons for them leaving than trail conditions. Trail damage was on the low side of why they left

mtbr Decade+
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 24 solo
    Just a dumb@ss racers random thoughts after a beer.
    Its good to see you back off "the wagon". I feel Phay Tyre has galvanized us, and the entire Eastern Canada forum, together with his overzealous, B.S. based, overall despicableness. Again, sorry I got so excited when Peter attempted to mop up the mud with you.

Take care.

banned
    Feb 2005
    Biggie " Again, sorry I got so excited when Peter attempted to mop up the mud with you."
    There was too much mud for even your hero to fix, that's why it was just attempted.

Matty this is all your fault, if you had just let the king have the lead a little earlier the damage could have be alot less. I bet you are real happy your training rides are at a place where people do not want racing to trash the trails.

mtbr member
    Biggie " Again, sorry I got so excited when Peter attempted to mop up the mud with you."
    There was too much mud for even your hero to fix, that's why it was just attempted.

Matty this is all your fault, if you had just let the king have the lead a little earlier the damage could have be alot less. I bet you are real happy your training rides are at a place where people do not want racing to trash the trails.

Actually Phat Tyre I ride at Mountainview which is only open for racing!! Weekly series for training and we hold an O- cup, 9 hour, and a night race. Besides that I spend most of the time on the road. And I'm not talking road as in double track.

Nope I'm one of those bastards that wants every gravel road paved for my own personal enjoyment not giving a crap about the use of non renewable resources. Hell cut down all the trees for me and pave it all.

Do you drive a really big S.U.V.??

banned
    Feb 2005
    Dgage Hard to believe that we all have mountain biking in common!
    It does not sound to me like there was much mountain biking going on during the 24 or much after.

nogearshere Do you know what the difference is between rape and seduction?

salesmenship

Go get the rejuvenation kit so we can test for STD's !!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Seriously...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    Its good to see you back off "the wagon". I feel Phay Tyre has galvanized us, and the entire Eastern Canada forum, together with his overzealous, B.S. based, overall despicableness. Again, sorry I got so excited when Peter attempted to mop up the mud with you.

Take care.

Off the wagon???? Hell I fell off the short bus. No worries

banned
    Feb 2005
    Finally a Shepherd

chicoracing

“There was virtually nothing rideable left and it was time to shut it down.”

I would like to talk publicly with you about racing on public property.

The force that is unleashed when you put 100’s of tires at the same place at the same time is huge!!!! Correct????

Do you think MTBing will be HURT if jr race promoters do not understand this???

If you were to hold a race in Oro-Medonte, where would it be held?

Let’s not turn this into a Marathon, because long or short, I will finish this.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    nogearshere Do you know what the difference is between rape and seduction?

salesmenship

Go get the rejuvenation kit so we can test for STD's !!!
    Jouko

Misfit Psycles
    i would hold it in your mouth, and yes, everyones coming.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Out there
    Aug 2006
    We are all going to come in Phat Tyred's mouth!

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Seriously, this is like a cage match between

and

Evil Jr.
    Actually, I thought they did a great job capturing nogears' likeness here:

They even got the eyeliner right!

mtbr member
    Please be advised I am posting this information as a concerned Albion local and friend of Chico Racing...I do not represent Chico Racing or the TRCA but i am staying at a holiday inn express tonight.

In a joint decision by Chico racing and the TRCA the trails will be closed for 'repair', (tentatively) reopening on Sunday June 28th.

During this time the necessary 'repairs' will be made. Weather and general success permitting, the trails will open on schedule Sunday morning.

If necessary and at the discretion of Chico Racing and the TRCA, the closure may be extended. Please check here, with Chico Racing or with Albion Hills staff.

NOTES:

Explanation not necessary and self evident. All full-season riders will and can enjoy FREE entry to the wednesday series at King if they are so inclined.

In a rare move by the super-hermit Sean he (and Chico) have announced an open invitation to volunteers to assist in trail maintenance.

Once again I dont speak for Sean, but suffice to say "I told you so'ers" should stay home...I don't see the point...

Sincerely,

Part of the Problem.
    Can't make Saturday, so Tapsa and I are meeting Sean there tomorrow to do some work. Looking forward to it.

Neil

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Finally a Shepherd

chicoracing

“There was virtually nothing rideable left and it was time to shut it down.”

I would like to talk publicly with you about racing on public property.

The force that is unleashed when you put 100’s of tires at the same place at the same time is huge!!!! Correct????

Do you think MTBing will be HURT if jr race promoters do not understand this???

Let’s not turn this into a Marathon, because long or short, I will finish this.
    You want the questions answered then you have 3 very simple options.

A. Email Chico to discuss the situation.

B. Show up for the trail day, introduce yourself, and have a polite conversation.

C. Continue to be a Troll and treated like the wack job relative no one likes.

Pick one.

sock puppet

and i thought that the other

environmentally responsible character was clueless... this one is worse than a hemorrhoid just before a race (preferably on HIS trails)...

WTF? Attention whore or what? He is not on the topic even remotely - so much about his concern for trails. It is more like we stole his toy, even though it is just a vibrator.....

Yawn... can we go back at poking fun at noggs please?

You want the questions answered then you have 3 very simple options.

A. Email Chico to discuss the situation.

B. Show up for the trail day, introduce yourself, and have a polite conversation.

C. Continue to be a Troll and treated like the wack job relative no one likes.

Pick one.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    environmentally responsible character was clueless... this one is worse than a hemorrhoid just before a race (preferably on HIS trails)...

WTF? Attention whore or what? He is not on the topic even remotely - so much about his concern for trails. It is more like we stole his toy, even though it is just a vibrator.....

Yawn... can we go back at poking fun at noggs please?
    Ok, just to make you happy.

Racing behind No Gears is like drafting a Greyhound bus.

banned
    Feb 2005
    “i would hold it in your mouth, and yes, everyones coming.”

Givengears You seam to have lost all your swagger that was always part of your posting. Did you eat too much mud buddy? You were the smartest guy on your street.

Why would I send a private e-mail about public trails? So chico has something to wipe their a$$ with?
    Really disappointed that chico does not feel the need to step up to the plate on this one. This should be a time to use their knowledge to help MTBing by talking about what can and should be done with singletrack and racing. But I guess it is not that important to them

Something for the volunteers to think about while they are fixing someone’s mi$take.

Could someone that is better with numbers, timing is everything, help me with this word problem?

_______ riders x times _____entry fee = __________ chico

Does anyone have the guts to help me with the numbers?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    “Why would I send a private e-mail about public trails? So chico has something to wipe their a$$ with?
    Really disappointed that chico does not feel the need to step up to the plate on this one. This should be a time to use their knowledge to help MTBing by talking about what can and should be done with singletrack and racing. But I guess it is not that important to them

Something for the volunteers to think about while they are fixing someone’s mi$take.
    Yes, the Albion trails are public conservation land, BUT - correct me if I'm wrong someone...Chico Racing built pretty much every last km of singletrack that's in there, and it is important to them, not just financially, but emotionally.

Also, not all conservation land is created equal. In some place (Walkers Woods, for example), the focus is apparently on the flora and fauna, and restrictions are put in place (ex: no new trails, no night-riding, limited to no racing...). In others, recreation and yes, $$$ (to help fund other conservation projects for example) is a huge focus, and in that regard, Albion Hills is incredibly lucky to have Chico Racing adding value to the property and generating income through events.

The bottom line is that Chico cares more about those trails than you do PhatTyred, for reasons you would never agree with, but also for reasons you would.

banned
    Feb 2005
    Got Guts?
    Fill in the equation. Hint , big number.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Got Guts?
    I'd fill it in if it was the right equation. You forgot site rental, employees, food, and many other expenses. Then, even if the remaining number seemed large, you'd have to consider the # of hours the Chico Raing team put into the event in the weeks and months beforehand.

Those of us who do race appreciate all of the effort put in by race organizers and for the most part want them to make a healthy profit if possible. Speaking for myself, I'd pay an extra $5.00 entry fee at a 1000 person event, even (especially?) if I knew it was all profit for the organizers. Knowing them, they'd put much of it into trail-building anyway.

As I said in an earlier post, I don't think you feel half as bad about what was done to those trails as Sean and Adam do. I really don't. But, if you do, there is the opportunity to go help fix them, and meet the Chico racing guys face-to-face (not suggesting a confrontation - you don't have to introduce yourself as "PhatTyred") and see what they're all about.

Looking for Adventure
    Got Guts?
    I'll fill in the equation to give you a little historic perspective.

1998 - Albion Hills close to backruptcy. Considering closing down operations. Chalet falling into disarray and ready to be boarded up. No means of generating income other than providing camp trailer shelter for those that are homeless, or for those being introduced back into normal, public life from other institutions. Besides some logging, and some school education programs, Albion Hills is anything but a conservation area......and losing money. Management and staff competely useless.

1999 - Chico Racing approaches Albion Hills with the prospect of earning money Albion has never seen since the '70s. All Albion has to do is allow Chico Racing to build all the mountain biking trails (there were none to start), and allow Chico Racing to host events. Albion's responsibilities are very limited.

2006/2007 - Albion now earns an unbelieveable amount of income and embarks on infrastructure renovations. The chalet is renovated, the parking is paved, and water supplies upgraded. Cross country skiing now improves, and Albion now earns some good coin during the winter, including hosting some adventure racing events. Changes in staffing also puts them into a better managed organization.

Today - Well, you already know this.......Albion never really was a conservation centre, and historically always was a recreation centre. They continue to upgrade, including a new lake waterfront park for families.
    Last edited by Ricksom; 06-29-2009 at 07:15 AM.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I totally agree with this post.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    What would be the relevance of that equation? Pull your head out of whatever dark place it is stuck in.

I've yet to find a business model where sales equal profit. Every business is different, but in my industry, one should be content with a 2-3% return on sales. I'm hoping that in Chico's case, their industry return is higher.

Got Guts?
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    I'll fill in the equation to give you a little historic perspective.

1998 - Albion Hills close to backruptcy. Considering closing down operations. Chalet falling into disarray and ready to be boarded up. No means of generating income other than providing camp trailer shelter for those that are homeless, or for those being introduced back into normal, public life from other institutions. Besides some logging, and some school education programs, Albion Hills is anything but a conservation area......and losing money. Management and staff competely useless.

1999 - Chico Racing approaches Albion Hills with the prosepct of earning money Albion has never seen since the '70s. All Albion has to do is allow Chico Racing to build all the mountain biking trails (there were none to start), and allow Chico Racing to host events. Albion's responsibilities are very limited.

2006/2007 - Albion now earns an unbelieveable amount of income and embarks on infrastructure renovations. The chalet is renovated, the parking is paved, and water supplies upgraded. Cross country skiing now improves, and Albion now earns some good coin during the winter, including hosting some adventure racing events. Changes in staffing also puts them into a better managed organization.

Today - Well, you already know this.......Albion never really was a conservation centre, and historically always was a recreation centre. They continue to upgrade, including a new lake waterfront park for families.
    Thank you for adding the facts and dates to confirm the admittedly superficial knowledge with which I wrote an earlier post.

We are among the families that will be camping there this summer, enjoying the trails and the waterfront.

Looking for Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCoach2
    Thank you for adding the facts and dates to confirm the admittedly superficial knowledge with which I wrote an earlier post.
    Sometimes these young twits forget that there is a reason for learning history in school. The world is not allows the way it appears, and outcomes can be traced back to historic events. Most people forget that Albion was once a downhill ski resort.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    Phat Tyred,

What are you getting out of these posts and the venom you keep bringing? We need to play in nature, which means we will leave our mark.

I see Chico and lots of riders standing up to fix the damage done to Albion. Albion is my home base, and I am happy with the solution. I pay yearly membership at Albion, I race at Albion and I do have a vested interest in keeping it open. But without Chico Albion may not even be a place I can mountain bike, much less race. We need to keep organizations like Chico alive and well because many of us are getting tons of enjoyment from their business.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Could someone that is better with numbers, timing is everything, help me with this word problem?

I cannot even believe that you have the balls to put that type of equation up for people to look at considering what you do for a living and what you advertise. You rip into everyone that is involved with racing but yet you have huge billboards promoting pig roasts. So you raise and kill innocent pigs that have done nothing wrong to society. I wonder how PETA would feel about this???

Did you know that the woman that won the solo women's division was a vegan. Ya HMMM wonder what her thoughts would be to what are doing to make a living.

Tom________x PIG____________=== dead animal==== profit for Tom.

TOm if you are going to be a tree hugger for one side of the world you better jump on board for the whole thing.

Have you ever noticed that people are ONLY enviromentally friendly when it's convient to them??? Tom when was the last time you went through the drive thru????? Don't pull the marter routine unless you can step up to the plate with full innocents.

Just another sutiptid racer with random thoughts

mtbr member

Albion Rebuild Report

NOTES:

Sincerely,

Part of the Problem.
    Well, Tapsa (fellow mtbr poster) and I went up to Albion today to meet with Sean to do some trail maintenance on the downhill ridge coming to the gravel road crossing. It doesn't have an "S" designation, but is often a connector trail as part of race courses and sees lots of use.

First off, they got some rain last night, so things were actually fairly easy in respect to being able to break up the ruts, move the dirt/mud around and re-tamp the surface down. In addition to this, we can really say that we made the trail better than it was. We closed down a couple of the "multiple" lines that were created and present prior to the mess last weekend. There we three of us working for three hours and we had it complete. Based on the numbers that Sean has for help tomorrow, this whole process will be a great success.

Overall, things are very workable and should make for good conditions to rebuild the damaged areas and make for better routes than existed. This is the first time I have been able to volunteer for this type of activity and I feeling a little verklempt about the results and being able to make a contribution and give back to anyone who would ride these trails in the future. As a group (that means all Albion Hills mtb users or potential trail users), we should be very excited about what this trail system will offer following this Saturday and any future maintenance days. For those going tomorrow, have a great day and we look forward to the results.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

I cannot even believe that you have the balls to put that type of equation up for people to look at considering what you do for a living and what you advertise. You rip into everyone that is involved with racing but yet you have huge billboards promoting pig roasts. So you raise and kill innocent pigs that have done nothing wrong to society. I wonder how PETA would feel about this???

Did you know that the woman that won the solo women's division was a vegan. Ya HMMM wonder what her thoughts would be to what are doing to make a living.

TOm if you are going to be a tree hugger for one side of the world you better jump on board for the whole thing.

Have you ever noticed that people are ONLY enviromentally friendly when it's convient to them??? Tom when was the last time you went through the drive thru????? Don't pull the marter routine unless you can step up to the plate with full innocents.

Very interesting, very interesting indeed. Thank you for confirming my suspicions about the Jihad like ranting. From what you say Spak, the CIQ is in fact a card carrying member of the International Brotherhood of The Double Standard.

mtbr member
    Got Guts?

Tom I run a company also but I don't kill anythhing for profit, I fix problems. I see that there was a problem at Albion hills and I see that Chico Racing is trying to fix the problem. Yes they make a living at selling racing. That selling of a dream has also helped get people off their couch out riding a bike. Your type of business between the pig roasts and Maple Syrup helps fatten up society and make people lazy and out of shape. You are killing people with very unhealthy foods but yet bash anyone promoting living a healthy active one.

Sorry but I kinda like what Adam and Sean are doing. oh and don't forget Dan from substance. We need some marathon races to burn the calories that you are pumping back into society.

Now you never responded to the fact that I train at a place that is only open for racing (Mountainview) because you lost your leverage. How are you going to respond to this??????

sock puppet

instead of filling the blanks

I will gladly fill one of your holes with something...

in the meantime - you supported Chico in another thread last year:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...43870#poststop

what changed? your boyfriend didn't use Vaseline last time?

Hey, it is still fun reading your retarded posts around here and responding from time to time... nothing constructive... just a bit of fun...

I didn't know you were slaughtering pigs for a living... Boy, I'd be ten times more miserable if I had to do THAT to pay my bills and buy bikes... Geez... You are almost forgiven. That is why you are Phat? Is that why you are not racing?

I can't wait to read your next post... Please keep them coming...

“i would hold it in your mouth, and yes, everyones coming.”

Givengears You seam to have lost all your swagger that was always part of your posting. Did you eat too much mud buddy? You were the smartest guy on your street.

Why would I send a private e-mail about public trails? So chico has something to wipe their a$$ with?

mtbr member

Tom I run a company also but I don't kill anythhing for profit, I fix problems. I see that there was a problem at Albion hills and I see that Chico Racing is trying to fix the problem. Yes they make a living at selling racing. That selling of a dream has also helped get people off their couch out riding a bike. Your type of business between the pig roasts and Maple Syrup helps fatten up society and make people lazy and out of shape. You are killing people with very unhealthy foods but yet bash anyone promoting living a healthy active one.

Sorry but I kinda like what Adam and Sean are doing. oh and don't forget Dan from substance. We need some marathon races to burn the calories that you are pumping back into society.

Now you never responded to the fact that I train at a place that is only open for racing (Mountainview) because you lost your leverage. How are you going to respond to this??????
    Thanks for the great information Matt on our close friend Phat Tyred. Many of us can hardly wait his well thought out confrontational response. And more negativity about racing on his trails in Ontario...I can hardly wait for the name calling, short-sighted, narrow-minded, uninformed, selfish, uneducated response . Stay tuned folks, a real beauty is on the way.

Wouldn't we all love to learn more about PT's ecological footprint after you shared this info Matt? Since he is so focused on the environment...He has yet to share with us if he is an SUV driving individual (not all of these folk are irresponsible) and what his contribution is to the Greenhouse Gas conditions of our great planet. Come on PT, show us you metal and give us the response we are looking for. Well, I think we'll all be disappointed really. You have yet to post anything the least bit valuable, so what's to change?
    Last edited by mtbmeister; 06-26-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Some guy
    Jul 2007

Moral high ground lost.

All arguments about Chico/Albion aside, you're now bashing this guy because he's (as far as I can gather) a pig farmer?? And WTF does the ladies winner being a vegan have to do with anything? Are you really going to drag PETA into this and furthermore criticize anybody who eats meat just in the name of slinging more mud at this guy? And seriously, who gives a flying fart what PETA thinks. They are the fundamentalist terrorists of the animal rights movement.

I haven't been crazy about what Phat Tyred has been saying, but you've gone way off the deep end with this last bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by McGuillicuddy
    Moral high ground lost.

All arguments about Chico/Albion aside, you're now bashing this guy because he's (as far
    SNIP
    They are the fundamentalist terrorists of the animal rights movement.
    SNIP
    deep end with this last bit.

WHOA, Which PETA?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
    or
    People, Eating Tasty Animals

Neither of which involves Eric Burdon (and The Animals) being Eat'n.

Stosh. Damm Beer
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

mtbr member
    I will gladly fill one of your holes with something...

in the meantime - you supported Chico in another thread last year:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...43870#poststop

what changed? your boyfriend didn't use Vaseline last time?

Hey, it is still fun reading your retarded posts around here and responding from time to time... nothing constructive... just a bit of fun...

I didn't know you were slaughtering pigs for a living... Boy, I'd be ten times more miserable if I had to do THAT to pay my bills and buy bikes... Geez... You are almost forgiven. That is why you are Phat? Is that why you are not racing?

I can't wait to read your next post... Please keep them coming...

I know I had seen him support Chico in the past but couldn't remember for what. Glad your digging up the past.

I have more ammunition to fire at Phat Tyre if he does respond. Waiting patiently. Which for me is very hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0