Thread: Albion Hills

mtbr member

Albion Hills

Anyone ride the trails this weekend? How were the trails?
    Probably heading there Monday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    In a word a great day. Trails are good, mostly dry lots of leaves. One section is closed according to the sign at the gate but i did not have time to find it today. I am going back monday for about 11 o'clock.

mtbr member
    I was there today - mint conditions. As goodwrench said, lots of leaves!

Singlespeed Mysty

north was closed - apparently ...

trails in the north... looks like they were clearing some trees, and looks like possible a new trail? unsure...

otherwise - trails were awesome when I was there saturday afternoon... some mud spots, but nothing that you can't ride around...

there are a few areas where some trail looks like it was washed out... just past the little bench that overlooks the beach... the fork to the right... be carefull on the left going down...

I enjoyed the ride, wished I brought my camera... there was a stampede of wild turkey that rushed across me so be careful you don't run one of them suckers down - they may peck you to death

there was a photographer that was taking photos right in the middle of the trails so had to be careful not to nail him around a blind corner... I did try to avoid him in one area, hit a big hole that was washed out, but deceiving with all the leaves around and as I past him I wiped out right in front of him... gee, I wonder if he got a shot of Mysty airbourne?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

I Wanna Be Sedated
    If one were to have a look inside the closed for logging area, hypothetically speaking, it would just about bring a tear to your eye. Maybe once the machinery and the branches are cleared out there will still be hope for a trail, but currently it just looks like a pointless excercise - why perform forestry operations of this scale in a conservation area???
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The trails were great this weekend... drained well, and traction was good. Too bad 2 trails were closed off entirely - in detouring around them I noticed that the forestry operations seemed relatively low impact... ie cutting down only every 2nd or 3rd tree. Although I'm not sure what the deal with using the heavy machinery of on the fire roads since most trees were cut up into small manageable chunks.

Misfit Psycles
    the trail conditions were smashing. the section logged was really minuscule in the grande scheme of things. crappy stuff too to be frank, so good riddens, and i hope that the book those barky basturds becomes provides more entertainment.

i havent said this in over a year but people - get out to albion and ride...my last few trips has seen the black loop overflowing with helmetless supercycle riders and gaggles of hikers and leaf watchers...all of whom seem to be pissed that i am riding their trails.

oh and if you are riding the trail backwards wtfo.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Singlespeed Mysty

Wink hypothetically speaking... is that where you broke your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    If one were to have a look inside the closed for logging area, hypothetically speaking, it would just about bring a tear to your eye.
    and where your tears came from?

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Singlespeed Mysty

smashing indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    crappy stuff too to be frank, so good riddens, and i hope that the book those barky basturds becomes provides more entertainment.
    what trails are those anyways Noggy? the crappy ones you speak of?

oh - and ... can someone tell me how to get to the EPIC RIDE trail? I can't seem to get lost in the same spot as last time to find this bad boy trail

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    oh and if you are riding the trail backwards wtfo.
    yeah - no kidding...heads up for certain... and maybe even wild turkeys on bikes

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    I was there Saturday. Even with the closed sections (S10 and the little rocky pass) it was great. I still managed to get in over 30 km by doing the black trail and the new section across the road twice. Albion still rocks.

And yes, hikers were not too happy to see me, even though I made all kinds of noises long before coming up on them.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I didn't break my bike - my bike broke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    hypothetically speaking... is that where you broke your bike?
    The derailleur hanger broke in the initial climb to S6 thanks to some brilliant industrial engineering by the folks at SRAM - they must have hired U of T engineering grads....who the h-e-double hockey sticks makes a limiting screw seat out of plastic???

Fackers ruined my Sat ride - at least I got it fixed and got in rides Sun and today to make up for it...
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Trails were great! Couldn't ask for a better day to ride. Definitely worth the trip. Too bad my ridding buddy got stuck in court all day. Sucker!

Hack Racer
    I was there this afternoon. Trails were simply amazing. The weather was even better. I live for days like today... nothing like leaving work early with the mountain bike in the trunk of the car heading to albion to rip the single track.

The section that is closed is S10. I lots of downed branches and small trees as they are clearing some of the section out.

Hard packed and fast. Leaves are a bit slippery in the shady sections. It was bliss.

Singlespeed Mysty

Wink yes dear... your bike broke...

I didn't break my bike - my bike broke.
    well, well Jooooouky - aren't we pesky when we can't ride

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I'm not pesky. I am getting tired of the rain - that's all we've had since late last night. Enough already, I need to go and ride!!

well, well Jooooouky - aren't we pesky when we can't ride
    Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty

bring your cameras...

managed to get some miles today at albion (before work) on a lonesome trail as there was nobody to be seen ... mmm... the smell of pine... not that fake car airfreshener crap...

fall riding at albion is so nice, especially when you pass that body of water where the trees are sticking up from the water when you ride through to black trails...

the scenery at the beach from the top was especially nice this morning... nobody was out the water was calm... and stupid Mysty forgets her camera! shame on me!

something can be said about riding in the leaves... everything is covered up and things can be a bit more challenging as to make sure you keep watch where you are going. I can honestly say, riding over stuff I can't see much of puts my mind in a different state - in a good way...

anyways, conditions are great - except for a few mud patches... careful when trying to go through S7... they are going to town on that section of train and I was a bit disappointed that they opened it up a bit... it felt weird riding through... lots of branches in the middle of the trail at the start - then it is fine once you are past that...

as you are coming out of S7 ready to turn that sharp right and bomb down that sandy hill, beware of the tractor tracks that have left huge imprint to the far left... if you stay in the middle you will have less of a bumpy ride down

hope this weather keeps up! I really want to take advantage of this as much as I can... so should the rest of you... just don't be a doe head and bring your camera

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The cool, blustery weather seems to have driven the hikers away. At least that was the case last weekend. Late on Saturday, I encountered only one other rider and no hikers. Of course it was raining at the time and we were the only two dumb enough to be out there in those conditions. The leafy trails were downright treacherous in the wet, but the pines were no problem. Sunday was great ! Wildlife sightings included one deer, a few turkeys, and one hiker. I am happy to report no encounters with unleashed dogs.
    The blue trail heading north past s11 toward s8 and s10 is in pretty rough shape from the tractor tires. Ever ride on railway tracks? Other than the logged areas , the trails were great with surprisingly few riders. Hard to figure.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I've been in sunny and hot Nevada all week (all work, no riding) and now that I've got myself back at home, I'm hoping to get to Albion tomorrow. This is assuming my staff has not piled a foot of paper on top of my desk to await my return....
    Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty

keep warm!

I've been in sunny and hot Nevada all week (all work, no riding) and now that I've got myself back at home, I'm hoping to get to Albion tomorrow. This is assuming my staff has not piled a foot of paper on top of my desk to await my return....

it was rather cold and crispy this morning... hopefully you will get out there tomorrow when there is some sun...

I am going to be there on Saturday, assuming my photo shoot is done by noon... maybe I'll bump into you again another time... note to self... make sure next photo shoot is at Albion so i can ride right after and save me the trip ....

just keep the toasties with you...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    I will definitely be riding Albion this Saturday morning. Looks like the weekend will be perfect for some fall riding so we might as well milk it for all it is worth.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Singlespeed Mysty

... and if we just ... girl gone mad...

yesterday...

right then.

beautiful riding weather yesterday, so me ad AndrewTO hit Albion in the afternoon...

after having hit all the usual climbs - I conquered this one damn rooted climb (YIPPEE YAY!) that I haven't been able to do and get pissed off at myself ...

I say to myself as I am just getting to it... "I'm making it up this damn thing!"

I finally made it up!! so the entire forest of animals were made aware when I yelled out loud ...

so... after frolicking in the leafy trails, Mysty decided she wanted to attempt the green monster climb at the end of the ride ... I was feeling brave... I don't know how the hell Noggy does it...

first time I attempted it, I maybe made it 1/4 of the way up and said no way!

this time, I went up half way and was startled when T dot O decided to document this occasion... so my quest continues... I will keep trying till I get to the top dammit ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1mystk; 11-04-2007 at 11:22 AM.

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

max_29
    which part of Albion Hills is that "green monster climb" ?

sock puppet

it starts

Quote Originally Posted by max_29
    which part of Albion Hills is that "green monster climb" ?
    at the bottom of the green monster climb, and goes all the way to the top of it...

the bottom starting point is right between the challet and the parking lot.... cant miss it... there are numerous skulls and human remains - belonging to poor souls that tried climbing it but did not make it all the way to the top...

mtbr member
    I went for a long ride Saturday (did the black loop twice) but it was harder than I would like to admit (used my singlespeed). On Sunday I brought my geared FS and really enjoyed the recovery ride. Speaking of my FS bike, can somebody remind me why the heck we ride rigid bikes? The FS experience was soooo very nice.

And I finally met osokolo.
    But I missed 1mystk and AndrewTO.

1mystk, looking good in those pics. That green monster climb is tough, but well within your ability. Next time try it at the begining of the ride.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Muskoka

Albion & Hunting?

Am I correct to assume there is no hunting on the Albion Hills grounds? It could be worth your life to venture into the woods here in Muskoka over the next few weeks! I have always wanted to ride Albion other than doing the 24hr hammer rides, but never seem to get there. Maybe now would be the time?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    Speaking of my FS bike, can somebody remind me why the heck we ride rigid bikes? The FS experience was soooo very nice.
    Yes, you are probably young and foolish! When you get old and wise (wisend) like myself you will know better

mtbr member
    There is no hunting in Albion. This is a great time of the year to ride there.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Muskoka
    There is no hunting in Albion. This is a great time of the year to ride there.
    Thanks. That's what I thought too. Now just have to convince myself its worth the drive down.

mtbr member
    BlackCanoeDog: Yes, you are probably young and foolish!

No, I am actually old (45) and foolish.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

More than a little slow
    [QUOTE=serious] Speaking of my FS bike, can somebody remind me why the heck we ride rigid bikes? The FS experience was soooo very nice.
    QUOTE]

Because we can, SIR,
    BECAUSE we CAN.
    And Oggie could too, if he wanted to.

I've been at Hilton Falls the last few weeks, I'd forgotten just how good it is there as well

sock puppet

sure i can...

[quote=dskunk]
    Speaking of my FS bike, can somebody remind me why the heck we ride rigid bikes? The FS experience was soooo very nice.
    QUOTE]

Because we can, SIR,
    BECAUSE we CAN.
    And Oggie could too, if he wanted to.

I've been at Hilton Falls the last few weeks, I'd forgotten just how good it is there as well
    but i dont want to... i am going to costa rica instead... LaRuta - here i come...

bye, bye suckers....

Singlespeed Mysty

lalalala ... LaRuta....lalalala - take me with you...

[QUOTE=osokolo]
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk

but i dont want to... i am going to costa rica instead... LaRuta - here i come...

bye, bye suckers....

suckers eh? I'm small enough to pack away in your pocket Oggins ... take me with you

speaking of climbing green monster and remains of dead - I'm not going to be one of them... I've gone mad now - this is not normal... I like it - not being normal ... I wanted to try it again after that try)

see ... this is what happens when I hang around you guys all the time ...

call me sucker for now... but my goal is to ride to the top of that... and kick your ass soon enough... *evil planning begins*

get ready for an a$$ view sooner or later Oggles...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Live Free or Ride!
    I just rode Albion this last Saturday and it was great. No mud, lotsa leaves, the singletrack was all dry, great. I ran into 2 trails being closed, some trees being cut down.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Anyone know when they close the trails for the winter? In the area this weekend, would love to ride there one more time this year.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    In my experience you can keep riding Albion until the snow on the trails is sufficient for cross-country skiing. Last winter that was around the second week of January if I recall correctly.
    Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty
    I have been to Albion when there was snow down... I will ride this year with snow down...

only time I won't ride is if the snow is more than a few feet and if it is nipply cold out...

some good riding at Ravenshoe in the snow too... yeehaw...

just watch out for the ice!

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Singlespeed Mysty
    And I finally met osokolo.
    But I missed 1mystk and AndrewTO.

1mystk, looking good in those pics. That green monster climb is tough, but well within your ability. Next time try it at the begining of the ride.
    serious ... what time were you at Albion that day? I think we had the trails pretty much to ourselves... maybe only bumped into three riders...

green monster within my ability? serioulsy serious... I'm thinking that climbing that at the start of my ride would not be a good thing - as I may have to collect a lung half way up - but sure I'll try it ... maybe after a warm up on the yellow track?

yeah... too bad I can't go riding this weekend... I have a big dog show in Sutton and no time to ride ... I suck ...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

huh?
    is that green monster long? i rode up the mount in montreal is that simmilar. notice i didn't say easily.

Singlespeed Mysty

sí señor...

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_miguel
    is that green monster long? i rode up the mount in montreal is that simmilar. notice i didn't say easily.
    it is long... I should have posted a pic from the other angle... I'll do that when I get to the top ...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    1mystk: serious ... what time were you at Albion that day?

I was in Albion Saturday morning (from about 10:00AM to after 1:00PM). There were very few people there indeed. I always do my riding first thing in the morning.

I_am_miguel: is that green monster long?

Not compared to climbing Mont Royal. But it is much steeper and more intense. The trick is to:
    1) do it multiple times or
    2) use a single speed or
    3) do it as fast as possible or
    4) all of the above.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Singlespeed Mysty
    ahhhhhh... just missed yah by an hour or so... I was there at 2:00 ish-ish...

I prefer riding earlier, but AndrewTO doesn't get out much on the trails anymore since he got his new motocyclette... so thought I would join him... plus I had a photo shoot that morning at Vivian Forest!! I never knew about those trails... but apparently you cannot ride your mountain bike in there, even tho the signs say nothing about that... we saw horses while I was taking some forest puppy portraits...

I was in Albion Saturday morning (from about 10:00AM to after 1:00PM). There were very few people there indeed. I always do my riding first thing in the morning.

multiple times???

fast???

well, maybe next year... wow... I'm outta shape...
    The trick is to:
    1) do it multiple times or
    2) use a single speed or
    3) do it as fast as possible or
    4) all of the above.

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    went to albion today...anyone know why all the S1...S18 trail markers are all gone? it's my first year biking there, does anyone know if they're closing for the winter or something?

Hack Racer
    They take them down to not confuse the cross country skiers. Albion hills caters to X-country skiers in the offseason.

I was also there today. S16 (hot august nights) was closed I think. Two big sticks were formed into an X block access to the trail head.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I see..thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    I was at Hardwood Hills on Saturday. Since they also took down all the trail markers you really need to know the trails to avoid floundering around. I decided to do the Epic 8 Hour course a few times. You would think I know it well after doing it many times during the race, but noooooooo. I somehow screwed up on every lap.

The conditions were fantastic yet I did not see another soul out there. This morning I am going to enjoy Albion.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Today was my third consecutive day at Albion Hills. Today's weather wasn't sunny like yesterday, nor was it drizzly like Friday. But the news wasn't the weather - the change that had happened in the last 24 hours was the re-opening of a revamped S10. Not only was it fresh singletrack, it was virgin singletrack. Not a single tire mark had yet left its' imprint on the trail built by the craftsmen of the woods. The softness of the fres trail slowed progress slightly, but I'd say the reborn S10 looks to be a winner. Now everybody out riding so the trail packs down nicely...
    Jouko

mtbr member
    tapsa,

I was at Albion between 10:00 and 12:00 and when I passed by S10 it was still closed. At least that is what I thought I saw.

I found Albion a bit muddy, especially the south side. I wonder if we crossed paths? I was riding my black Trek Fuel 98.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Hack Racer
    I too was there on Saturday morning with a buddy. Unfortunately we didn't even bother venturing near S10 as we had known it was heavily logged several weeks ago.

I wouldn't say the conditions were muddy, but damp. Those wet leaves are certainly an eye opener when you have the bike leaned over at pace.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I didn't get to Albion until after 2pm yesterday, so I would have missed you. Judging by the freshness of S10, it was opened Sunday afternoon. Compared to last fall, the singletrack is in great shape - the only area that seemed consistently slick was S5 (Sugar Shack Shuffle) but even that wasn't really soft and muddy, just a bit slick.
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Albion on Saturday

I also checked out Albion on Sat. afternoon. The logging seems to have progressed a lot from weekends past - I think the pics attached are from S7 or 8; they're pretty much closed by the logging (and no sign). It was a gorgeous day nonetheless and surprisingly dry in the late afternoon.

I was wondering if this is the first time in a while that they've done this type of logging at Albion, because it seemed to me like a complete forest until now (ie all the trees are the same age). Or is this done every fall and I've just never noticed?

Here's some more pics of the operations...

Hopefully most of the stuff actually on the trails is cleared out soon, I'm looking forward to checking out Albion in the snow (didn't know this was doable until reading this thread)..

Singlespeed Mysty

where the heck is S10?

Today was my third consecutive day at Albion Hills. Today's weather wasn't sunny like yesterday, nor was it drizzly like Friday. But the news wasn't the weather - the change that had happened in the last 24 hours was the re-opening of a revamped S10. Not only was it fresh singletrack, it was virgin singletrack. Not a single tire mark had yet left its' imprint on the trail built by the craftsmen of the woods. The softness of the fres trail slowed progress slightly, but I'd say the reborn S10 looks to be a winner. Now everybody out riding so the trail packs down nicely...

hey Joouky... where the heck is this virgin trail??

I went riding yesterday, took my dog Paxton with me...

although there seemed to be lots of cars in the chalet parking, I didn't see anyone on the trails...

Paxton kept up with me pretty good - stopped a few times so I could give her some water...

course there was this one muddy area where she decided to stop dead in front of me... I slid sideways, but managed to keep control of the bike... it was that or be slopped

the witch is worse off than the last time and my other favorite trail up by the beach was almost completely full of trees down on the last part of the trail... hey man, there is only so much logs you can jump and I wasn't feeling lucky... I had to get off the bike and figure out which way to go!

time to venture and find out what else is in Albion! I need a tour guide? anyone? as long as you don't mind the doggie tagging along...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Singlespeed Mysty

ahhh... S7

Quote Originally Posted by rumin8
    I also checked out Albion on Sat. afternoon. The logging seems to have progressed a lot from weekends past - I think the pics attached are from S7 or 8; they're pretty much closed by the logging (and no sign). It was a gorgeous day nonetheless and surprisingly dry in the late afternoon.

Hopefully most of the stuff actually on the trails is cleared out soon, I'm looking forward to checking out Albion in the snow (didn't know this was doable until reading this thread)..
    yes, that's it! one of my favorites - that is where I had to dismount towards the end of that...

I see that some have made a track of their own to get around it... at first glance after you get through that small rock garden, after the pines is where I was sad ... I hope to see it soon! If not, will find my way to new ground in Albion...

great pics!

well then... I guess we'll be seeing you in the snow!

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yes, that's it! one of my favorites - that is where I had to dismount towards the end of that...

I see that some have made a track of their own to get around it... at first glance after you get through that small rock garden, after the pines is where I was sad ... I hope to see it soon! If not, will find my way to new ground in Albion...

great pics!

well then... I guess we'll be seeing you in the snow!
    I was there around the same hour as Jouko and found S7 to be more rideable than it was on Saturday, and, in fact, I thought it was more fun picking my way through the branches and logs. It certainly wasn't a visual treat however. I rode S8 and it had been cleaned up quite well, with only small twigs and branches left on the track. Passed up S10 and S11 because I expected them to be impassable, but found out they were open when I got back to the Chalet around 4:30. There wasn't a lot of traffic at that time of day, only saw two other riders, and half a dozen deer chilling on Woo Woo.

Hack Racer
    Ride report from today.

LOTS OF SNOW. Deep snow too... about 15 or greater cm of snow in the double tracks. In the single track maybe around 10 cm or so.

Saw Adam from Chicoracing putting the cyclocross course today. They had to plow a path in the fields and double track for the cyclocross guys.

I'm surprised there weren't any X-country skiiers out. Perfect conditions. Looks like 1 or 2 pairs of skiies had gone through and that was it.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I was thinking of riding at Albion tomorrow, I haven't touched the bike since the Winter WOW last Sunday. Sounds like it might be interesting, hopefully the singletrack is visible inall the snow...
    Jouko

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers!
    Ride report from today.
    I'm surprised there weren't any X-country skiiers out. Perfect conditions. Looks like 1 or 2 pairs of skiies had gone through and that was it.
    Hardwood Hills is open for skiing this weekend. they have 15K packed, but not trackset. And they suggest using your "rock skis" as the base is thin in places. Persoanally I prefer to wait until winter truly sets in. Temps are warming up next week, unfortunately.

Singlespeed Mysty

cyclocross course?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers!
    Ride report from today.

LOTS OF SNOW. Deep snow too... about 15 or greater cm of snow in the double tracks. In the single track maybe around 10 cm or so.

Saw Adam from Chicoracing putting the cyclocross course today. They had to plow a path in the fields and double track for the cyclocross guys.

hmmm.... can someone expand on this? I really need a better understanding of cyclocross...as I know a few people who have bought cross bikes in the last few weeks...

I can't wait to snow shoe!

I never made it out to Albion today... thanks for the report... I had to spend time with the fur kids today and do our long walkies... that is pretty much all I had energy for - after coming off my 3 (14 hour days at work) I will be there tomorrow though...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    I was there Saturday morning and it was absolutely unridable. The snow was crusty and "heavy", what skiers call "crud".

I spun out on every stroke (I had my SS) and my front wheel was uncotrollable. Even on flat grond I could barely keep the bike moving. Any incline was impossible to climb and my feet got cold and wet after walking a few times. After 20 minutes I gave up and went back home on the trainer.

I would not bother riding at Albion today since I doubt conditions will change much.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Thanks for the update Tom. I guess I'll skip the trip to Albion and spend some time on the trainer today....
    Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty

dern... oh well... *shrugs*

I was there Saturday morning and it was absolutely unridable. The snow was crusty and "heavy", what skiers call "crud".

I spun out on every stroke (I had my SS) and my front wheel was uncotrollable. Even on flat grond I could barely keep the bike moving. Any incline was impossible to climb and my feet got cold and wet after walking a few times. After 20 minutes I gave up and went back home on the trainer.

I would not bother riding at Albion today since I doubt conditions will change much.
    it's a good thing I checked your report serious cause I was just finishing up my coffee, going to take the dogs for a walk and then load up the bike to head over there...

oh poo, I will have to tell my Paxton that we can't go... shhh... we'll just go for a longer walk... the other two will never have had a clue since they were staying behind...

so I guess I'll do the 3km walk with the dogs as a warm up, hit the trainer, and then I have a soccer game tonight..

I hope it wasn't a long drive to albion serious...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    I am glad I was able to post this for you guys. I would have posted yesterday, except that for some reason my Rogers connection was not working.

Albion is not all that far (I live in Richmond Hill) so the drive is about 35 minutes. I was just a bit disappointed since I love riding in the woods when there is a little snow. The XC skiers must be darn happy however.

Oh well, it was a great season of biking for me. Friday Nov 30 the ski hill is opening so next weekend I should be skiing.
    My rides:
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    I was thinking of going to Albion, but instead I decided to go to Hilton falls, it's only about 30 min drive for me. And I am so glad I did, it was a perfect day for riding, there was only few centimeters of snow , just enough to make riding a lot of fun, I went on some trails not marked on the map and there was a lot of tire tracks all over the place it must of had a lot of riders pass through there in the last 3 days. I think that this winter I'll be riding more then XC skiing.

mtbr member
    Did you get on the trainer? I am sitting and typing in my stench from a 1.5 hour session. We should set up shop some time with our trainers to make it less painful.

Thanks for the update Tom. I guess I'll skip the trip to Albion and spend some time on the trainer today....
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Did you get on the trainer? I am sitting and typing in my stench from a 1.5 hour session. We should set up shop some time with our trainers to make it less painful.

that sounds like an idea... certainly sucked to be on the trainer... I just got off... need to walk the dogs again... they are mad at me for spinning and not letting them play outside...

as if... they got a 1.5 hour walkies earlier today... I must go do my duty now...

let me know the time and the place to haul my trainer... I need me some studded tires... they can't get here fast enough! damn postal service..

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild
    I was thinking of going to Albion, but instead I decided to go to Hilton falls, it's only about 30 min drive for me. And I am so glad I did, it was a perfect day for riding, there was only few centimeters of snow , just enough to make riding a lot of fun, I went on some trails not marked on the map and there was a lot of tire tracks all over the place it must of had a lot of riders pass through there in the last 3 days. I think that this winter I'll be riding more then XC skiing.
    where's Hilton Falls? I don't mind the drive... but don't want to be on the road more than on the bike...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    where's Hilton Falls? I don't mind the drive... but don't want to be on the road more than on the bike...
    I am guessing you would be coming from the east side? Just take hwy 401 west all the way to Milton and exit at hwy 25 , then go north on 25 , and just follow the signs , it's few minutes once you get off of 401. There is a $ 7 entry fee but I think it's well worth it. One good thing about is that there are a lot of trails all the way from very technical to more intermidiate singletrack.

Members who have read this thread: 0