Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread

Just to get people all jealous.

Today at Christie. I really wasn't successful. Going back with the snow shoes. But I got 30 minutes of super high intensity riding in.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was at Christie yesterday. Riding was great, only a couple of inches on the trails, 3-4 inches in the open areas. Will be a lot more today.
    The new trail, Runway sure isn't designed for snow. I'd have to say the G-out isn't possible without studs, maybe not even with. The berms are so steep and speeds are so slow I was sliding down the berm, hard to get out of them. Will be better when things get packed down.

Better get out if you can, typical Southern Ontario weather, going to be above freezing Thursday and Friday.

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-pc140011.jpg2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-pc140002.jpg

Nice day for a ride.....
    Great idea, makes me wish I could afford a fat bike.

Lemmy Rules!
    I was going to get a fat bike this year but my road bike frame cracked and I had the opportunity to upgrade to a Cervelo r5 for a modest upgrade fee. Couldn't pass that up...but it depleted the Black Ops account so now the Pugsley is on hold until next fall...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    I already posted these, but i think they belong. My first fat ride. yeah it's just a little more work than I'm used to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-img_0190.jpg  

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-img_0188.jpg  

Burnt Norton

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    I was at Christie yesterday....
    The new trail, Runway sure isn't designed for snow. I'd have to say the G-out isn't possible without studs, maybe not even with. The berms are so steep and speeds are so slow I was sliding down the berm, hard to get out of them.
    Ya, we went out a couple of weeks ago when there was just a little snow on the trails, and I could feel myself sliding sideways down the berms...

Evil Jr.
    I don't have a fatbike, so I'm just going to be a PITA and post this ():

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-dscf15901.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-dscf15901.jpg  

Last edited by garage monster; 12-16-2013 at 05:01 AM.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Was at Christie today to do some snowshoeing and was disappointed that they didn't clear the road down to the mountain bike parking. I was planning to go around the MTB trails, get out of the wind.
    The road and parking lot down to the marina was cleared, would have been fine if I had a boat or wanted to play Frisbee golf.
    Long walk in the wind to get to the other end of the lake.

Evil Jr.
    Was at Christie today to do some snowshoeing and was disappointed that they didn't clear the road down to the mountain bike parking. I was planning to go around the MTB trails, get out of the wind.
    The road and parking lot down to the marina was cleared, would have been fine if I had a boat or wanted to play Frisbee golf.
    They usually plow all the way down to the scout camp so we start snowshoeing from there but with all the snow maybe they didn't get that far yet.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    They usually plow all the way down to the scout camp so we start snowshoeing from there but with all the snow maybe they didn't get that far yet.
    When I went in Sunday morning, I met the same problem as Slash5. I wasn't keen on starting way at the other end. So I went back to the gate house and met the gentlemen in the plow truck. I was gonna ask if I could just park at the first split, but he said I could head down towards the MTB trails (part in the first lot), just don't get stuck. I made in down in my AWD Escape no problems. He actually followed me and gave the road a quick plow to where I was. He also took some pictures of my fat contraption and me/Olive. They still had pylons blocking that general direction when I went back to snowshoe, though other people had proceeded to the first lot to the West as well. So it was a bit of pain to shoe/bike to the MTB lot, then to the trails, but it happened. As we were leaving the MTB lot after snowshoeing, someone drove down in Landcruiser. I wanted to do that, but was asked to park in the first lot.

Anyway, before heading to Christie, I went to a few spots to ride in the Valley, but couldn't find a place to park that was safe (no lots I saw had been cleared). When I talked to the guy at Christie, he apologized about not having the MTB lot cleared yet and said he was actually on his way to help out with Dundas Valley as it was higher priority.

mtbr member
    Photo from the last night ride at Mono cliffs... Hard to see the bike in the dark though....

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-4-12-13-3.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-img_4835.jpg
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    We did the same thing and were also disappointed they hadn't plowed yet. But it's understandable it will take time with all that snow. We could only do a small portion of the mtb trails because we had limited time on our snowshoe. Glad to hear you are trying to pack down the trails too. Many feet make quicker packing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I sent an email telling them I was disappointed the west end wasn't cleared. I would think that most people that go to Christie this time of year want to go back into the woods on the south side of the lake.
    It was kind of twisted that the road they cleared forced you to drive down the only hill in the park. I was worried about making it back up, specially since I was the last one in the park.
    It might help if everyone that is interested in using the west and south trails could drop them an email. christie@conservationhamilton.ca

Answer back from Christie:
    We only plow as far west as Lakeside Pavilion Rd. We do clear a spot for parking there.
    Thanks,
    Lori McCourt
    Customer Services
    Christie Lake and Spencer Gorge Conservation Areas
    (905) 628-3060 Ext. 203

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Guelph Lake on Sunday - a perfect day.

mtbr member
    Olive and I made the Hamilton Conservation Authority facebook page!

Thanks Nerdgirl for pointing it out!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Up on Sparrow Lake, on the local ravine path with my son and on last weekend's failed Agreement Forest ride. Looking forward to many more rides this winter...

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-fatty1.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-fatty2.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-fatty3.jpg
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    So why do some pictures post normally and others post as thumbnails and you have to click on them to see the full size picture?
    I've never had that trouble before.

Evil Jr.
    So why do some pictures post normally and others post as thumbnails and you have to click on them to see the full size picture?
    I've never had that trouble before.
    I have no idea what's going on. When I posted my car picture earlier, I did what I normally do and now it's embedded and shown as a thumb nail. The code looks fine but it's coming out weird. I even tried editing it half a dozen times and it stays the same.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    Up on Sparrow Lake, on the local ravine path with my son and on last weekend's failed Agreement Forest ride. Looking forward to many more rides this winter...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	855838

Name:	fatty2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	855837

Name:	fatty3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	855836
    Nice! Santa has lost a **** load of weight since he traded in the reindeer powered sleigh on a fatbike!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Haven't been out as much as I'd like but this was our first snow. My friend's bike just got studded dillingers and they are AMAZING tires

2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-734466_10152102142806869_250018740_n.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-995880_10152102142251869_94719341_n.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-1424331_10152102142091869_977867998_n.jpg
    2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-1467333_10152102142886869_1241171984_n.jpg

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    I love this thread! Great pictures. Keep them coming!!

Rocking on a Rocky

mtbr member
    Fatwacking (new term was coined today) in the outer reaches of Dundas Valley today.

It was a day when a fatbike, some gators and a sense of adventure were needed. There was a little 'off-piste' action to get around some downed trees, which was fun on the fatty (and just firm enough to crust ride). Eventually did get turned around in a bit of ravine trail due being unpassable, but it was still fun.

First day out with Sage, the new dog. She's doing really well, but was a little unsure of footing with the slipper conditions. Olive was a champ.

mtbr member

Hardwood Ski & Bike

Spent a couple of hours at Hardwood Ski & Bike. Conditions were perfect although a tad chilly. Car showed -17 not counting the windchill but still was a great day to be out. To top off a great day I came home to find a Kona Unit under the tree, I've been secretly wanting a SS so it came as a bit of a surprise (a pleasant one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Winter Fatbike Picture Thread-100_1135-copy.jpg  

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff View Post
    Spent a couple of hours at Hardwood Ski & Bike. Conditions were perfect although a tad chilly. Car showed -17 not counting the windchill but still was a great day to be out. To top off a great day I came home to find a Kona Unit under the tree, I've been secretly wanting a SS so it came as a bit of a surprise (a pleasant one)
    Mer..is fatbiking all day any day @ HH now? Last year it was weekday evenings only wasn't it?
    Not recognizing the background/ trail either...is that the trail up behind the chalet and across the road?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast