Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

2014 Tue Night Race Series @ Albion... starts April 29th!

Tuesday Night Race Series | Super Fly Racing

Someone please tell me that starting date was posted yesterday, on April 1st?..

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Maybe it's going to be a fatbike night or a road ride

mtbr member
    Not really sure what you're surprised about, this is the same week that they have tried to start every year, most of the time being successful save for a rainy spring a couple of years. ago. That's four weeks away, so chances are still reasonable that snow will have departed us by then. Time and weather will tell, so start crossing fingers and toes!
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    Tuesday Night Race Series | Super Fly Racing

Someone please tell me that starting date was posted yesterday, on April 1st?..
    hello Arek
    Signature

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    hello Arek
    hello Oso

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister View Post
    Not really sure what you're surprised about, this is the same week that they have tried to start every year... ...That's four weeks away, so chances are still reasonable that snow will have departed us by then...
    Neil, believe me there's nothing I'd love more than for you to be right about this. However, looking at the long range forecast and temps firmly stuck below 10 (and much lower overnight), I'm not as optimistic, given the amount of snow that fell this winter.
    I thought last year we started on May 7th?

mtbr member
    I remain optimistic as these plus temperatures are a balmy comparison to the temps three weeks ago. Agreed, there's lots of white stuff to melt in there, but there's still time. You may be correct that it was May 7th last year, but in the past ten years, I think it's only been a week later twice due to weather, one of which was moisture, not the presence of snow. Let's hope that you're proven wrong on this one mate even though it looks a little sketchy now!

mtbr member
    I'm not talking presence of snow. That should be gone - or mostly gone - by the end of the month.. It's the resulting moisture part that I'm worried about. And that doesn't even take into account possibility of rainy weather...
    Fingers crossed!

mtbr member
    Started on April 30th last year from my electronic list of GPS data.

Regardless, I remain optimistic that we'll be able to mountain bike/race by late April. If the Albion series is a no go, Woodnewton the following Sunday won't be much better.

mtbr member
    Thinking about riding Albion right now sure has me smiling, hopefully it's not just a dream - agreed with the precipitation and temps this year I fear the wait could be lengthy. Sure hope I'm wrong!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I would guess that the north side is our only hope as it drains better and the sun can get through the pines better. The Chalet side will end up looking like a laundry soap commercial.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflepig View Post
    I would guess that the north side is our only hope as it drains better and the sun can get through the pines better. The Chalet side will end up looking like a laundry soap commercial.
    I will be there on April 29th with a gigantic target on my back after my upset result at the Frostbike...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I will be there on April 29th with a gigantic target on my back after my upset result at the Frostbike...
    April 29th for TNRS? WTF? Why isn't the series starting next week? I just rode Albion all day yesterday on my winter steed with super wide tires and left permanent marks to prove it (the ground was so soft that after a few days of sunshine my ride will be preserved for years to come; PHATBIKE4LIFE).

So much for the hardcore racing experience I crave on my one weeknight that my wife lets me have to myself. If this trend keeps up, all that will be left to do is ride, have fun, and socialize with friends (which is likely a non-option since developing a cut-throat rivalry with everyone in my starting wave).

Someone please fix this or consider me OUT for this year.

Ryan

PS: If the above is addressed (unlikely), please also address the timing/consistency/accuracy (2014 was shameful), plus add the following new categories:

A) 35-29 on 2009 equipment [3x9, 2-generation old XTR/SRAM hardtails ONLY!]
    B) 40-44 with dual income families on the LATEST bikes but with 3+ kids, C) 50+ "off the wagoners" with borderline personality disorder(s), and D) Open age category for racers on multiple clubs/teams (bonus points every week if neither club/team are aware of this fact).

PPS: Please have a corn roast and/or demo night EVERY WEEK, and replace the sample size Cliff bars with full size vegan/paleo-friendly options; some of us want to have an Earth to ride upon in the future.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanstrive View Post
    April 29th for TNRS? WTF? Why isn't the series starting next week? I just rode Albion all day yesterday on my winter steed with super wide tires and left permanent marks to prove it (the ground was so soft that after a few days of sunshine my ride will be preserved for years to come; PHATBIKE4LIFE).

So much for the hardcore racing experience I crave on my one weeknight that my wife lets me have to myself. If this trend keeps up, all that will be left to do is ride, have fun, and socialize with friends (which is likely a non-option since developing a cut-throat rivalry with everyone in my starting wave).

Someone please fix this or consider me OUT for this year.

Ryan

PS: If the above is addressed (unlikely), please also address the timing/consistency/accuracy (2014 was shameful), plus add the following new categories:

A) 35-29 on 2009 equipment [3x9, 2-generation old XTR/SRAM hardtails ONLY!]
    B) 40-44 with dual income families on the LATEST bikes but with 3+ kids, C) 50+ "off the wagoners" with borderline personality disorder(s), and D) Open age category for racers on multiple clubs/teams (bonus points every week if neither club/team are aware of this fact).

PPS: Please have a corn roast and/or demo night EVERY WEEK, and replace the sample size Cliff bars with full size vegan/paleo-friendly options; some of us want to have an Earth to ride upon in the future.
    you want an Earth to ride upon in the future? so cliche... i'd rather ride upon... Ginger or Jennifer, but that's just me... i must suggest that your tone and language is not appreciated around here... any more. this forum is about brotherhood and occasionally sisterhood too. i love your age categories, but B) would exclude mtbmeister and he would have to race against real racers, and you know he doesn't like it that much hence he is sleeping on or with his bike this winter/spring. according to me counting his Strava kilometres, he must be on his third set of tires since the Christmas. gotta be at least 10,000 kms. he will be pure evil on Tuesday. i'll go with that 50+ slightly disoriented bunch. i could talk more, but have just detected some movement inside. must go... later dude...

don't disappear on me now... i like you...
    Signature

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    you want an Earth to ride upon in the future? so cliche... i'd rather ride upon... Ginger or Jennifer, but that's just me... i must suggest that your tone and language is not appreciated around here... any more. this forum is about brotherhood and occasionally sisterhood too. i love your age categories, but B) would exclude mtbmeister and he would have to race against real racers, and you know he doesn't like it that much hence he is sleeping on or with his bike this winter/spring. according to me counting his Strava kilometres, he must be on his third set of tires since the Christmas. gotta be at least 10,000 kms. he will be pure evil on Tuesday. i'll go with that 50+ slightly disoriented bunch. i could talk more, but have just detected some movement inside. must go... later dude...

don't disappear on me now... i like you...
    Must be Spring...Bromance is in the air.

mtbr member
    but B) would exclude mtbmeister and he would have to race against real racers, and you know he doesn't like it that much hence he is sleeping on or with his bike this winter/spring. according to me counting his Strava kilometres, he must be on his third set of tires since the Christmas. gotta be at least 10,000 kms. he will be pure evil on Tuesday.
    Oh know! Just what I need, some other guy pumping up my mileage. I know not of what he speaks or is suggesting about all this riding and three sets of tires. What I do know is that I would fit perfectly into the B) category save for riding a bike that's a couple of years old now.

The start date looks totally within reason now with all the warmer and windy weather the past couple of weeks. Save for this morning where there's some folks that have their underwear in a know due to a little April dusting of snow. It's Canada folks, it will be melted in another day or two. So we need fret about it. Dirt riding is days away now assuming the frost disappears from the ground!

sock puppet

Oh know! Just what I need, some other guy pumping up my mileage. I know not of what he speaks or is suggesting about all this riding and three sets of tires. What I do know is that I would fit perfectly into the B) category save for riding a bike that's a couple of years old now.

The start date looks totally within reason now with all the warmer and windy weather the past couple of weeks. Save for this morning where there's some folks that have their underwear in a know due to a little April dusting of snow. It's Canada folks, it will be melted in another day or two. So we need fret about it. Dirt riding is days away now assuming the frost disappears from the ground!
    Oh know. Some guy? SOME GUY? I am "some guy" now? Oh know I wish I was banned forever so that I don't have to read these hurtful statements.

Endura, can I get my massage now please.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Oh know. Some guy? SOME GUY? I am "some guy" now? Oh know I wish I was banned forever so that I don't have to read these hurtful statements.

We all know who you are, you don't need any introductions my friend!

mtbr member
    It's Canada folks, it will be melted in another day or two. So we need fret about it. Dirt riding is days away now assuming the frost disappears from the ground!
    You made my day, Neil! Nothing like some humor on a long, cold Tuesday!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    You made my day, Neil! Nothing like some humor on a long, cold Tuesday!
    Glad I could lighten up your day Arek, but I am still trying to find the humour in what I typed...

No. Just No. Moderator
    Glad I could lighten up your day Arek, but I am still trying to find the humour in what I typed...
    mtbmeister does the deadpan routine better than anyone. You are totally on a roll now.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Good Evening...and thank you for calling the Lapdogs eastern division subcontractor Team NFI.

Unfortunately at this time Mr Endura is out for a night ride and is unavailable to handle your request at the moment. However your call is important to us and a 4 Minion pursuit team has been dispatched to catch up to Mr Endura to alert him of your current crisis. Please stand by.

mtbr member
    Dirt riding is only days away.....gold Jerry, pure Gold.

mtbr member

All about perspective kind friends! Let's all embrace the semi-normal dusting of snow today as the last cranky wench 2013/14 winter episode from Ma Nature. The MTB is ready to be unleashed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    All about perspective kind friends! Let's all embrace the semi-normal dusting of snow today as the last cranky wench 2013/14 winter episode from Ma Nature. The MTB is ready to be unleashed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast