mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2013 Lake to Lake 29er

I'm thinking this will be my first race. Gotta start somewhere.

Lake to Lake 29er

Who's signed up/signing up?

I Strava Hamburgers
    Been debating it. I hear its a great time.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

All my faucets is Moen.
    I love that the website shows downhillers doing tail whips. Its completely unrelated to the actual race. Most of the race is run on gravel paths.

Its really expensive but its on my calendar right since its a local race for me.
    We'll see how I feel in a few months.

EDIT: I also recommend that your first race be the local weekly races. Kelso, Albion, or where ever is close to you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I've done this race for the past 7 years & is on my must do list. The format totally changed last year with more single track added which made it better in my opinion. Had to go up the massive hill (twice) at the start of the race which really spread the field out at the start. Only 1 climb up the hill this year which is better as some of us were lapping racers who were still on their 1st climb up the hill.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

after last years disaster I am just think about it..

last year burped some air out of the back tire,(stans tubeless) 5 minutes into it, and didn't have air so had to walk it back to the road and hitchike to the finish to catch my ride home. DNF. Used to like this one and had a first, 3 seconds, a third and 2 fourths
    (60 + cat) in the last 7 years so was pretty disappointed last year. So what did I learn last year---that I had better put a couple of CO2 cartridges in my pocket for those nasty off camber roots in this one.
    Last edited by ol-crank; 01-24-2013 at 10:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    super competitive? Seems like they are making it out to be quite family oriented for Fathers Day.

might like to do this

mtbr member
    This race is one of the reasons I bought a 29'r.
    Too many of them were passing me on the canal roads :-0 !

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Its on my list to do once again in 2013.

However, I'm a little disappointed that they could not figure out how to keep the Pond 2 Pond alive as I know a few kids/gals that it was going to be their first "big" solo race (8 & 10 yr olds) Now I doubt they will participate due to the extra length that they will have to complete... The pond 2 pond in my opinion is what made this really quite an awesome family event! Watching some of the young kids cross the finish line was really cool and brought a smile to see that these kids were actually challenging themselves physically and finishing the race with a smile!

I see that they have a family category which might help draw some of those back but at over $100 I think that might very well be too expensive for those that are in the same situation as the people I know who will most likely skip this event and maybe instead do the CDMBR...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm in. It's done.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Well, It's in the records books now.

After 4 chain jams, including one at the bottom of the 1st St Louth climb, I finished a hair under two hours in 203rd with lots of energy in reserve and a better understanding and appreciation of it all.

Will definitely be back next year gunning for the top 50! Hopefully with 40 less pounds of my fat ass to haul up hydro hill

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Good stuff! It was quite the messy race. Numerous dismounts to clear mud from the rear wheel and gearing.

Fun none the less.