Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007

2013 Joyride Women's Weekend - Feb 2&3

Mark your calendars!

A little birdie at Joyride told me electronic registration (and payment) should be up by the end of the week.

The posting is here. The posters also say it's $25 for just one day (the Saturday or Sunday) or $40 for both days. Great deal!

Pass it on to all your lady friends!

Evil Jr.
    Somehow, they've managed to schedule this again for Superbowl weekend! Coincidence?

Seriously tho, this event is always a bright spot on the drab February MTB calendar. Looking forward to seeing all the smiling faces as the ladies shred the gnar.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Passed the word onto the locals.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    More information now posted here. Six new clinics too!
    The Facebook page is here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    looks good. my wife will be attending. thx for posting!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    A total of sixteen different clinics on tap this year!
    Once again, the park will be closed to the boys until noon both Saturday and Sunday.
    Registration is now up!

I just hope our little one will be OK with mommy riding away from him. It was NOT popular last weekend.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the post. I've passed the info to my g/f.

Gnarly
    I attended the first Joyride Women's Weekend in 2011

It's nice that the prices are the same and new venues added.

I've shared the info with others
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    One thing I'm looking forward to is that the new street park will be available. The small ledges etc. will be great for honing those technical skills like wheelie drops and step-ups. Or I might just spend all day learning to manual. 'Cause that's cool.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Finally got around to actually registering!

Had another attempt of riding with the little one at Joyride on Sunday. He was NOT impressed (e.g. as soon as I climbed on my bike, he started melting down), so I'm thinking he and Mr. Monster will join me later in the morning, so I get a bit of a chance to actually ride. The revisions to the pump tracks are pretty sweet, but I'm not sure my current fitness is up to very much of that!

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    Finally got around to actually registering!

Had another attempt of riding with the little one at Joyride on Sunday. He was NOT impressed (e.g. as soon as I climbed on my bike, he started melting down), so I'm thinking he and Mr. Monster will join me later in the morning, so I get a bit of a chance to actually ride. The revisions to the pump tracks are pretty sweet, but I'm not sure my current fitness is up to very much of that!
    If you guys are there on Sunday, I will be there with Unglued Jr. for his first attempt at Joyride at around noon. If he is not interested in riding (there is a 50/50 chance of this), I propose that you, me and Mr. Monster adopt a zone defence for the kids so that at least two of us can be riding at any given time.
    Strava made me do it....

I <3 29ers
    I see the Superbolw comment and raise you a "holy **** it's EARLY ... for a SUNDAY".

Oh well, for her it's worth it. I hope this will help her feel more comfortable on the bike and encourage her to ride more this year. Coffee is on, two cameras are packed, fingers are crossed.

See y'all there. The tall, skinny scarecrow is me.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

Evil Jr.
    Well, that was pretty much totally awesome! Over 130 women pre-registered - holy cow (I saw license plates in the parking lot from NY and PA)!

It was great to see so many ladies (and girls) shredding it up. The shwag was excellent and the prizes were over the top! Someone even went home with a bike!

PS: thanks to all for not running over my boy!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Thank you so much to Joyride for hosting the best and most popular Women's Weekend yet. They don't make any money from it, yet they put in huge effort assembling sponsors and coaches and organising the whole thing. They really are great ambassadors for the sport!

What we got from it:
    - Fantastic coaches (thank you SO MUCH to everyone who gave up their weekend to help us get better).
    - A supportive environment to learn among so many female shredders. Great to meet so many awesome women.
    - A cool T-shirt and yummy lunch(es).
    - Great schwag! Loved the Norco cowbell and huge Trek water bottle for everyone, plus an amazing number of giveaways. I won a Specialized full face helmet! Thanks!

The street park turned out to be a great locale for practicing bunny hopping, wheelie drops, step-ups and banked turns. I am so sore!!!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    One pic here:

Photo by specialized_ca • Instagram

Over 150 ladies on Saturday alone!

mtbr member
    Only one picture :-0 ???

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Group shot
    2013 Joyride Women's Weekend - Feb 2&amp;3-8508130561_5fb2368307_b.jpg
    I kinda love this one:
    2013 Joyride Women's Weekend - Feb 2&amp;3-8508098685_31839a8d1e_b.jpg

More pics here. Thanks to Steve Hayes for the great pics.