Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50

Has anyone seen these? The cost compares with Sunrace, but the weight compares with Garbaruk. 11 speed 11-50, 350 grams and only 150$.

Largest 3 cogs are CNC all on piece with a carriers. Smaller 8 are all steel and also on carriers.

Anyone tried one yet?

https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Ratio-S...cassette&psc=1
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    I ordered one, I'll report back after I get it.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 9:ZERO:7
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Thanks for taking the plunge for us Dave! Haha
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I think the Garbaruk is all one piece, and 299gr. But for the price who cares about 50gr. The Sunrace I have is like 550gr.

Jan
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Largest 3 cogs are CNC all on piece with a carriers.
    Largest 4.

mtbr member
    Thanks for taking the plunge for us Dave! Haha
    No prob, it looks like I'll be the guinea pig. :-) I'll be using a sram 11 speed shifter and a Eagle GX derailleur.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Two sellers on EBay told me the entire cassette was aluminum.

> So we decide to only use aluminum alloy to make larger cogs.

This line on Amazon claims otherwise. If the bottom 7 are actually steel, then it's a hell of a bargain and an outlier on my cassette sheet (goo.gl/CEVL6f). Note also: the same cassette is sold under at least two additional brand names. It's $130 on Ali Express.

mtbr member
    Here's one for $126, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/11-5....d29f8fauX5oS0

Interested in this...

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post

This line on Amazon claims otherwise. If the bottom 7 are actually steel, then it's a hell of a bargain and an outlier on my cassette sheet (goo.gl/CEVL6f). Note also: the same cassette is sold under at least two additional brand names. It's $130 on Ali Express.
    If it's all steel it's worth 50gr over the Garbaruk, the 50t is aluminum. SI please tell.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hot damn, if I didn't have so many spares right now I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Largest 4.
    Good catch.

The images on Amazon seem to indicate the smaller 7 are steel. Theyíre clearly riveted to the carrier. So I would believe theyíre steel and riveted to the aluminum carrier.

40$ more than Sunrace but 200 grams lighter. 100$ less than Garbaruk but 50 grams heavier.

Assuming it doesnít shift like total crap, itís a no brainer. Canít wait for Daveís review!!!

This place needs an enema
    Subscribed because I wanna know how this thing holds up. The lack of support for the bigger cogs seems suspect to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Subscribed because I wanna know how this thing holds up. The lack of support for the bigger cogs seems suspect to me.
    Lack of support? It's one solid CNC piece. Each cog supports the next. Looks fairly substantial to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Lack of support? It's one solid CNC piece. Each cog supports the next. Looks fairly substantial to me.

I agree, more than rivited to a spider. My Sunrace is getting worn. So I went ahead and ordered om.

This place needs an enema

Sure. But I've seen cassettes with yet more support than that fail in the unsupported spans between teeth. It happens.

mtbr member
    I think the problem is going to be premature wear on the smaller aluminum cogs. The lower cost might not be worth it if those cogs wear out too quick.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I think the problem is going to be premature wear on the smaller aluminum cogs. The lower cost might not be worth it if those cogs wear out too quick.
    It's about $100 under anything comparable on a Shimano hub. Same alloy Hope uses on the big cogs.

Bang for buck <$300 and <400g for 11-speed, this is what tops my list:

XD:

$270 - Garbaruk 10-50 323g 1xAl
    $250 - E13 TRS+ 9-46 339g 3xAl
    $250 - SRAM 10-42 265g 1xAl

Shimano:

$130 - ZTTO 11-50 363g 4xAl
    $230 - Garbaruk 11-50 310g 1xAl

Hope:

$240 - Hope 10-48 296g 4xAl
    $170 - Hope 10-44 278g 4xAl

That's pretty much it. Everything else has less range at the same price with minimal weight advantage or costs a lot more.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I've got 750 miles on my Sunrace, if this last close to that. It's worth it. I was going to switch to the Garbaruk, still will if I don't like this cassette.

mtbr member
    It's about $100 under anything comparable on a Shimano hub. Same alloy Hope uses on the big cogs.

Bang for buck <$300 and <400g for 11-speed, this is what tops my list:
    Shimano:

$130 - ZTTO 11-50 363g 4xAl
    $230 - Garbaruk 11-50 310g 1xAl
    IF (big IF) the Garbaruk gives you 2X the miles, it would be a better value than the ZTTO (and less weight). If ZTTO will offer low cost replacement cogs, than that could be a game changer.

Also hate the idea of trashing a whole cassette because that 1 smallest alloy cog is worn.

I do know that I get WAY more miles out of the expensive SRAM cassettes (if they don't bend ). Is it enough to justify the extra cost??? Don't know.

I have a brand new e.13 9-44 that is now outdated because I haven't killed my SRAM XO cassette yet.

Definitely interested in peoples experience with these cassettes.

mtbr member
    Oh, and ZTTO or somebody. Please make a lightweight 11 speed, 11-34, 36, 40 cassette for my 1x road/gravel bike!

Nothing available???

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    So I recently purchased a new Pivot Mach 5.5 for my 65 year old wife. I wanted her to have an 11-50 1X with the 30 tooth up front. So the bike kit I purchased came with a 11-46, so for $59.90 I got the ZTTO 11-50 (https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cassett.../dp/B072LQYPCP) and put in on the new bike. Previously she has been riding a 11-42 with a 30 up front. She loves the 11-50 and when I ride the bike when she isn't I also like it. I purchased a new 28 tooth front chain ring and will be trying it out this weekend.

mtbr member
    ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-eagle-der-01.jpg

I received the Eagle derailleur and installed it with the X1 11-speed shifter that I had. Since I haven't got the 11-50 cassette yet I just checked everything out with my 11-42 11-speed cassette. The results, it works perfectly. The shifting is nice and crisp (on the stand) with the 11 speed shifter and eagle derailleur. I'm not going to bother riding it until I get the 11-50 cassette. Anyway, good news so far.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eagle Der 01.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	1173823

I received the Eagle derailleur and installed it with the X1 11-speed shifter that I had. Since I haven't got the 11-50 cassette yet I just checked everything out with my 11-42 11-speed cassette. The results, it works perfectly. The shifting is nice and crisp (on the stand) with the 11 speed shifter and eagle derailleur. I'm not going to bother riding it until I get the 11-50 cassette. Anyway, good news so far.
    Interesting, would love to hear how it works out!

mtbr member
    I got the cassette in the mail today, there was absolutely zero packaging in the box, but the cassette fit tight enough in the box that it didn't rattle around and get beat up. The machine work looks very nice, in fact the whole thing looks very nice. It weighed 330 grams on my scale with the zip ties that held it together. I'll install it tomorrow and see how it works.

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-cassette.jpg

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-weight.jpg
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Ok, I had no patience and started working on it tonight. I took the old 11-42 off and cleaned things up a bit, and then slid the big billet alum cluster on. As you can see, they use a plastic spacer between the big alum cluster and the next cluster that is on a carrier. Not sure what to think about a plastic spacer.

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-01.jpg

Then I slid on the carrier cluster which had 3 gears on it, and then slid on one of the individual steel gears, and again another plastic spacer.

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-02.jpg

Here it is all assembled. The nut is aluminum and the locking teeth started wearing off as I was tightening it. You can see the alum dust. I had a small shim behind the 11-42 that I took off, so that the chain didn't come off when I backpedaled. I wasn't able to use the shim with this cassette.

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-03.jpg

Here is is on the bike, I think the chain is too short. I'll have to look around and see what angle the der is at on other peoples bikes when it's on the 50t. I could still swing the der up and get slack in the chain, but it just doesn't look right.

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-11.jpg
    ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-11-50-50.jpg

Well, I'll put it on the stand tomorrow and tune it a bit and then decide if I need a new chain.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

I throw poo
    My current SRAM 1050 and Shimano XT cassettes have plastic spacers, I've never run into any issues.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

mtbr member
    All Shimano cassettes have plastic spacers between at least 5-7 cogs.
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Looks good so far Dave! Let us know how well it shifts or if it drops the chain backpedaling on the 50 or 42.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Well, I'll put it on the stand tomorrow and tune it a bit and then decide if I need a new chain.
    You need a new chain. That bike has chain growth when the suspension cycles. You'll want more margin.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, yeah I guess I'll put on a new chain before I ride it. I dialed in the shifting on the stand, it upshifts and downshifts nicely. It backpedals off of the 50, 44 and 38, although it does take a crank rotation or so before it does (see video). I was able to install a thin shim behind the cassette, but it didn't seem to help much. I'm thinking that this might improve after the machining smooths out on the billet gears from wear, and it doesn't grab the chain quite as much. Not sure. Now I have to dig and see if I have a new chain somewhere.

https://youtu.be/lV6xYOdVuRs
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    It backpedals off of the 50, 44 and 38, although it does take a crank rotation or so before it does (see video).
    Thanks for the video. FYI, chain drop propensity depends on the chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bvQha4FPk

SRAM wins this test, though the Shimano chain tested was 10-speed. Chain tension and the usual suspects (indexing, hanger alignment) also seem to be relevant. In your case, just adding a few links may fix it.

mtbr member
    Interesting, thx for the video. Unfortunately for me, I'm already using a PC-X1 on the bike. Maybe a longer chain will help?

Thanks for the video. FYI, chain drop propensity depends on the chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bvQha4FPk

SRAM wins this test, though the Shimano chain tested was 10-speed. Chain tension and the usual suspects (indexing, hanger alignment) also seem to be relevant. In your case, just adding a few links may fix it.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    The seller: ZTTOBIKE Store on AliExpress has them for $116 if anyone else is looking.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...342e60c4joUTcN

There's always next year.
    Following thread. Interested in on hearing how it responds on the trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    You need a new chain. That bike has chain growth when the suspension cycles. You'll want more margin.
    True but how much chain growth does one really get in low gear? Not like one would be doing drops while in 50t.

I noticed with 9-46 I had to choose between slack in highest gear vs stretched derailleur in low gear.. since Iíll be at high speed in 9t Iíd rather have tension there.. my logic anyway

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seamarsh View Post
    True but how much chain growth does one really get in low gear? Not like one would be doing drops while in 50t.

I noticed with 9-46 I had to choose between slack in highest gear vs stretched derailleur in low gear.. since Iíll be at high speed in 9t Iíd rather have tension there.. my logic anyway
    But if youíre doing a technical climb in the 50T and catch a good rock or root.....snap goes your chain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    But if youíre doing a technical climb in the 50T and catch a good rock or root.....snap goes your chain.
    True here, I'd Undo the shock and cycle the suspension, it will be tight but you want derailleur movement. A snaped chain can get fixed. Bent derailleur or hanger isn't as easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    True here, I'd Undo the shock and cycle the suspension, it will be tight but you want derailleur movement. A snaped chain can get fixed. Bent derailleur or hanger isn't as easy.
    I just decided to order a new PC-X1 chain and set it up the length the way Sram recommends.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Really looking fwd of how it performs on the trail

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Hope the set up goes well. I'm thinking of using this for my wife's 1x11

mtbr member
    This 660g version is $60 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cassett...cassette&psc=1

mtbr member
    So, how is it working so far?
    Highball CC
    Ripley 1st Gen

mtbr member
    I would like to know too.
    The ZTTO 11-50 looks good.

mtbr member
    I got the new chain last week but have been to busy to mess with it yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll get to it.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The first review on Amazon is up and it doesn't look great. The big cogs broke. This might be for fly/lightweights.

mtbr member
    Holy shit!
    Thanks for the info.
    Can't belive it.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Thats the problem with feather weight and trying to do these things. Thats why SRAM costs so much. And even they have reports of big cogs bending.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

mtbr member
    Than I think I will stick with my heavy Sunrace 11-50.
    200 grams more but safer.

mtbr member
    On the other hand.
    In the Amazone review he said that he had problems with backpedal.
    I absolutely can't imagine that the cassette is the cause of this.
    It sounds like a hub failure, or he used the wrong chain ( 7spd ) or the chain had a tight link.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    All he was saying in the review was if you backpeddle the chain will drop a cog. I have one of these sitting in a box. With our trails being nothing but a sloppy mess right now, probably won't be getting this on the bike till February...But I might not if this thing is too weak for my riding style.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    On the other hand.
    In the Amazone review he said that he had problems with backpedal.
    I absolutely can't imagine that the cassette is the cause of this.
    It sounds like a hub failure, or he used the wrong chain ( 7spd ) or the chain had a tight link.
    The backpedal issue is always there on most extended 10 speed cassettes.

His complaint on that I dont even count as valid. Known issue for years among many extended range cassettes. Nothing wrong with bike set up at all except 99% of bikes out there have a bad chainline.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Interesting. Not an auspicious start. I'd like to see a few more reviews before forming an opinion, though.

mtbr member
    Yeah me too.
    I hope Dave has more luck and a good first ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have one on order, before that review came up. I was going to put it on my son's ride to get him some added range, crosses fingers. That aside, its strange that the item is unavailable now. It could be just a coincidence or not?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Mine is still in the box, not sure I'll use it for at least a monthb out our trails are a mess. I'm 200lbs. Might decide to just get the Garbaruk if this cassette isn't up for my style of riding.

mtbr member
    Well that's definitely not a good sign. Sorry but I ended up going out of town over the weekend so my stuff is still just sitting there un-touched. :-(
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Looks like it is back in stock on Amazon but the bad review has been deleted. Suspicious...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I ordered one from Aliexpress. Ill review on it once I get it. Hopefully a goatlink should be enough to make this work. I got the Sun race 11-40 10spd when everyone was talking them down. Mine shifted real well and had no issues. The 350g may make the ZTTO 11-50 too weak.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgalvez View Post
    I ordered one from Aliexpress. Ill review on it once I get it. Hopefully a goatlink should be enough to make this work. I got the Sun race 11-40 10spd when everyone was talking them down. Mine shifted real well and had no issues. The 350g may make the ZTTO 11-50 too weak.
    But the Garbaruk is about the same weight and expensive.
    Are there any similar stories about this cassette breaking?

My Sunrace 11sp 11-50 may not be this light, but it works flawless.
    No back pedal issues in any gear and silent.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    But the Garbaruk is about the same weight and expensive.
    Are there any similar stories about this cassette breaking?

My Sunrace 11sp 11-50 may not be this light, but it works flawless.
    No back pedal issues in any gear and silent.
    The Garbaruk is made like Sram cassettes. SunRace is like the XT but i think the metal is a little softer. I'm hoping that this is a cheaper alternative and at least get the same miles as an E13.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Mine came in. I wasn't able to finish installing it but it doesn't look flimsy. The milling could have been better to prevent sharp edges, less edges equal less points of failure. It's damn light in my hands though. I need to cut the chain and finish getting it setup.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I got it on the bike, it does shift well, but drops at least 3 dogs when you backpedal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I just got my chain length down. It drops cogs on the largest 2 cogs during backpedaling. Running xtr med cage with a goatlink. My chainline could be better though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    I just got my chain length down. It drops cogs on the largest 2 cogs during backpedaling. Running xtr med cage with a goatlink. My chainline could be better though.
    I'm on a XT with goat link. My chain line isn't the best with short chainstay. But sunrace didn't do this. I'll look and see if fileing the back helps later.

mtbr member
    I'm on a XT with goat link. My chain line isn't the best with short chainstay. But sunrace didn't do this. I'll look and see if fileing the back helps later.
    That doesn't sound really good
    Hope you get it work somehow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-nz4okozh.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nz4OKozh.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1181025
    Your chain looks a bit too long.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yea, I could go down another link but I wanna keep that link for now just to make sure.

mtbr member
    That thing looks SWEET!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

subscribed

Subscribed

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    That doesn't sound really good
    Hope you get it work somehow.
    The 11-46 sunrace cassette dropped chains, they had sharp edges on the back of the cog. Just not sure about filing aluminum

mtbr member
    The 11-46 sunrace cassette dropped chains, they had sharp edges on the back of the cog. Just not sure about filing aluminum
    Hmm looks like there is more to chain drops than just the cassette.
    My 11spd 11-50 Sunrace shifts perfectly and drops nothing.
    No backpedal issues in any gear.
    My chain line also is not the best. I use a Prowheel 3spd crankset as a 1spd with a cheap chinese 32T chainring in the front.
    I also use a Sram PC-X1 chain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50

Iíve found the chain is the most important thing in any of these setups. SRAM chains are most resistant to backpedal and kmc shifts smoothest on sunrace for me. Worn-out chains more than .5 wonít work on most wide range cassettes Iíve run.

mtbr member
    Hmm looks like there is more to chain drops than just the cassette.
    My 11spd 11-50 Sunrace shifts perfectly and drops nothing.
    No backpedal issues in any gear.
    Sunrace's first run of 11-46 cassettes had horrible chain drop on the back pedal. They have since redesigned the teeth on the upper cogs, probably greatly in part due to the feedback from the 11-46.

My 11-50 doesn't drop either. But I can put my 11-46 on the same bike, same wheels, same chain line and it drops every time. Despite what the pundits of MTBR say, this is equally as much about tooth and ramping/retention design as it is about chain line.

mtbr member
    Sunrace's first run of 11-46 cassettes had horrible chain drop on the back pedal. They have since redesigned the teeth on the upper cogs, probably greatly in part due to the feedback from the 11-46.

My 11-50 doesn't drop either. But I can put my 11-46 on the same bike, same wheels, same chain line and it drops every time. Despite what the pundits of MTBR say, this is equally as much about tooth and ramping/retention design as it is about chain line.
    Can you post a picture of the 11-46 teeth?
    I'm interested in what it looks like compared to the new sunrace cassette teeth.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I rode on the ZTTO this weekend w/o issues. Shifting is pretty crisp and smooth, nothing broke either. I'm thinking that early review was some serious user error. Plus the cassettes are prime now so if something sucks, Amazon returns ftw.

Edit, just noticed there is a coupon that you can clip giving $15 off the cassette. I'm gonna see if I can get the discount added or will do a buy/return. $135 for this cassette is pretty damn cheap.
    Last edited by thesmokingman; 1 Week Ago at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Correct, my 11-50 sunrace didn't drop chains. My 11-46 Did till I took a file to the back of the cog.

mtbr member
    It's not cheap at all if it is toast in 1k miles. Cheap & light, lets see about strong!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaler845 View Post
    It's not cheap at all if it is toast in 1k miles. Cheap & light, lets see about strong!
    Um, thanks? Thatís what this thread is for. For people to report on longevity.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Um, thanks? Thatís what this thread is for. For people to report on longevity.
    Yeap, that's the point of this thread to share our experiences.

mtbr member
    80 posts, and after 1 ride nothing broke

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaler845 View Post
    80 posts, and after 1 ride nothing broke
    So go buy one and throw your hat into the ring Captain Obvious. Or, keep posting nothing of value.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm gonna swap the cassette over to my son's rig, He rides 5 days a week. Today are hill repeats. Will be a good test.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My buddy is looking into this cassette.

For the people who bought the ztto 11-50,

are you running this version for ~$150-
    • LIGHT-WEIGHT Weight 350 Grams, Extremely Light-Weight
    • RATIO: 11,13, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32, 38, 44, 50T.

or

this unit for ~$56-

• Weight: 660g. (11-50t); For Shimano HG splined freehubs only;
    • Ratios: 11, 13, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 42 and 50T.

if your having back pedaling issues, please state which version.
    Last edited by Aby N; 1 Week Ago at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    That whole thread here is about the 350 grams version.

mtbr member
    From the posts here it sounds like a quality piece. I went ahead and ordered one while the 15$ off coupon was available. Tha makes it basically the same price as the Sunrace but 200 grams lighter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I noticed that the lockring doesn't have a washer so the lockring will grind itself to dust if its taken on and off enough times. Just an fyi.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I saw this on ebay, wider range, heavier, cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUGEK-11-52....c100005.m1851
    2018 Farley 9.6 - Eagle X01, XT Brakes
    2017 Salsa PR GX1 - X01, I9/carbon 27.5+
    2017 Surly KM, 1x11, 27.5+

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 14EVOHT View Post
    I saw this on ebay, wider range, heavier, cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUGEK-11-52....c100005.m1851
    Indeed. There are actually four 11-52 variants for Shimano's freehub. They're all listed in my sig.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Indeed. There are actually four 11-52 variants for Shimano's freehub. They're all listed in my sig.
    Thanks, I didn't see your link
    2018 Farley 9.6 - Eagle X01, XT Brakes
    2017 Salsa PR GX1 - X01, I9/carbon 27.5+
    2017 Surly KM, 1x11, 27.5+

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Installed my setup on Sunday. Shifts crisp and quick. Does downshift when back pedaled on the two biggest cogs. Its needs a full rotation to do that. Quality of the cassette looked good, especially the machining of the largest cogs. After a 6 mile run there is almost zero sign of any wear that I can see even on the black coating on the aluminum gears. So far I like it a lot and we will see how it wears in. My last extended range no longer downshifted when back pedaled after 20-30 miles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-20180210_124007.jpg  

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-20180211_165110.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Looks good on your bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Installed my setup on Sunday. Shifts crisp and quick. Does downshift when back pedaled on the two biggest cogs. Its needs a full rotation to do that. Quality of the cassette looked good, especially the machining of the largest cogs. After a 6 mile run there is almost zero sign of any wear that I can see even on the black coating on the aluminum gears. So far I like it a lot and we will see how it wears in. My last extended range no longer downshifted when back pedaled after 20-30 miles.
    Could you please detail your rear mech setup? Is that a SGS XT derailleur with a goatlink attached?

Nivel bike, by the way.

Enviado desde mi VIE-L09 mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks! It's an xt 11 speed. Looks like a mid cage to me but I'm not sure. Let me know how to check and I can if anyone wants to know for sure. I used the 11spd goatlink. Just got the bike used about a month ago. It's a Evil the Calling. The range is not as crazy as I thought it would be but I feel like I have enough gear to go up anything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks! It's an xt 11 speed. Looks like a mid cage to me but I'm not sure. Let me know how to check and I can if anyone wants to know for sure. I used the 11spd goatlink. Just got the bike used about a month ago. It's a Evil the Calling. The range is not as crazy as I thought it would be but I feel like I have enough gear to go up anything.
    I was going to say it looks like a long due to the cut outs but yours have a cut out on the lower pulley which only the medium cage has. Check the pics at Jenson.

Shimano XT RD-M8000 11SP Rear Derailleur | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Cut outs look the same. I think its a mid.

mtbr member
    IMO, while an XTR long cage "works", the GX and X0 just shift much better with an 11/50 setup.

That said, I just installed my ZTTO 11/50 and it has significant chain drop on backpedal. 50T takes less than 1/2 crank rotation to drop, 44T takes ~1 crank rotation to drop and the 38T will drop after 3-4 rotations. My sunrace has ZERO regardless of rotations, so I am not buying the "it's your chain-line bro!" BS.

Cerberus75: If you have success filing yours, would you mind posting a how to?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I might have the time to get it back in the stand tomorrow. If I have any luck I'll post up. The 11-46 lifted on every 4th tooth if I remember correctly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    DISCLAIMER: What is about to be typed may not be safe,strong, etc.

Ok with that out of the way filing the back of the teeth and a bit off the top solves the back peddle issue in the 50t cog. All of the teeth requied some filing to work. I haven't tried this I'm the trail, and I may not with work and the weather not cooperating.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    DISCLAIMER: filing the back of the teeth and a bit off the top solves the back peddle issue in the 50t cog. All of the teeth requied some filing to work.
    pics of a before / after?

Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast