mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby N View Post
    pics of a before / after?

Thanks for sharing
    ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-1518730420585353271734.jpg

Didn't take before pics.

mtbr member
    Are you doing enough to create a small indention for the chain to "sit" in and prevent drop? Or are you just smoothing out the edges?

Hard to tell from the photo.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Are you doing enough to create a small indention for the chain to "sit" in and prevent drop? Or are you just smoothing out the edges?

Hard to tell from the photo.
    You are looking at the back of the cassette.
    When I slowly back peddle every tooth would lift the chain, the tooth seemed a little to tall and wide, it would catch the chain on the tooth spoke side, so I when up a few gears, angled a file about 45į and applied gental pressure as I peddled the bike. Every so often checking to see if enough was removed by down shifting and the peddle backwards.

mtbr member
    Ah, gotcha! So you are't filing the valleys, you are filing the tips. Thanks for the clarification!
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Ah, gotcha! So you are't filing the valleys, you are filing the tips. Thanks for the clarification!
    Correct.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Now our weather needs to clear up, so I can go see if this thing will explode on me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    Now our weather needs to clear up, so I can go see if this thing will explode on me.
    Haha. Assuming mine doesnít fail on me Iím planning to put about 50 miles on mine Sunday. 😎

mtbr member
    Finally got a good ride in on this thing today. 48 miles later, I gotta say I like it! Single, double, triple shifts up or down and it handles it very well. Iím running a GX derailleur with it and it operated nice and smooth all day! For 135$ Prime I am impressed so far!

mtbr member
    I have one of these:

so I can engage in a little mimicry that I have XX1 Eagle It's heavy at 650 grams, but I'm a clyde, so whatever. 30 miles so far and it works just like every other cassette I ever had. I consider it 55 bucks well spent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    I have one of these:

so I can engage in a little mimicry that I have XX1 Eagle It's heavy at 650 grams, but I'm a clyde, so whatever. 30 miles so far and it works just like every other cassette I ever had. I consider it 55 bucks well spent.
    Nice cassette
    **** the "muh bike weikh" mentality.
    That thing looks great!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I have one of these:

Which one is that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Finally got a good ride in on this thing today. 48 miles later, I gotta say I like it! Single, double, triple shifts up or down and it handles it very well. Iím running a GX derailleur with it and it operated nice and smooth all day! For 135$ Prime I am impressed so far!
    $135 for the cassette or RD?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I have one of these:

$55 seems more inline with what I am seeing...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Staktup View Post
    135 for the cassette, however ppl keep linking and posting about a whole different cassette. The ones stalker is talking about is the 350g ZTTO 11-50 11speed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I did a 21 mile ride on Sunday. The ZTTO no longer drops on on the 3rd largest cog when back pedaled. Didn't try the bigger two...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Staktup View Post
    Cassette. That's for the lightweight cassette that the thread was created about. Some of the others posted are much cheaper but they are also much heavier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mgalvez View Post
    I did a 21 mile ride on Sunday. The ZTTO no longer drops on on the 3rd largest cog when back pedaled. Didn't try the bigger two...
    Did you use a 11spd spacer for your cassette/hub?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    So I recently purchased a new Pivot Mach 5.5 for my 65 year old wife. I wanted her to have an 11-50 1X with the 30 tooth up front. So the bike kit I purchased came with a 11-46, so for $59.90 I got the ZTTO 11-50 (https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cassett.../dp/B072LQYPCP) and put in on the new bike. Previously she has been riding a 11-42 with a 30 up front. She loves the 11-50 and when I ride the bike when she isn't I also like it. I purchased a new 28 tooth front chain ring and will be trying it out this weekend.
    OK its been two months since I installed the ZTTO 11/50 660 gram cassette on my wife's Mach 5.5. I have also installed the 28T front chain ring to give her some additional low gear climbing ability. So far the setup works perfect with the XTR medium cage rear derailleur.

So for the fun of it I just purchased the 360 gram model for $113.77. I don't get the backpedal comments, I never backpedal so who cares about back pedal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-ztto-360-gram.jpg  

mtbr member
    I don't get the backpedal comments, I never backpedal so who cares about back pedal?
    I ride trails that sometimes have 25-30% grade. Sometimes you stall and need to backpedal to get the cranks in the right position to push off and get moving again. If stalling on a rooty rocky hill isn't frustrating enough, toss a dropped chain into the mix. Your frustration level skyrockets!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I ride trails that sometimes have 25-30% grade. Sometimes you stall and need to backpedal to get the cranks in the right position to push off and get moving again. If stalling on a rooty rocky hill isn't frustrating enough, toss a dropped chain into the mix. Your frustration level skyrockets!
    ^^This, I don't care if I can spin the cranks more than a revolution, I don't do that on a trail. But if I have to dab a chunky trail and worry about my chain at tyhe same time it's anoying.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    ^^This, I don't care if I can spin the cranks more than a revolution, I don't do that on a trail. But if I have to dab a chunky trail and worry about my chain at tyhe same time it's anoying.
    I donít ever remember back pedaling being an issue. I ride a ton of rocky Sedona washes every week with lots of rock rolls. I guess I now have something new to worry about.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I donít ever remember back pedaling being an issue. I ride a ton of rocky Sedona washes every week with lots of rock rolls. I guess I now have something new to worry about.
    A lot of cassettes will drop if pedaled backwards. But under normal riding it's a non issue. Some lift the chain with barley a turn. A 1/4 turn is all I see needed on a trail,

mtbr member
    I like it to not drop after several revolutions. So when weíre stopped for a chat trail side I can backpedal a few times for everyone to hear how awesome my hub sounds. 😎

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I like it to not drop after several revolutions. So when weíre stopped for a chat trail side I can backpedal a few times for everyone to hear how awesome my hub sounds. 
    Be in a different gear. The top two cogs are bail outs basically so its not like you'll be showing off in those gears much.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Tried the sunrace 11-50t twice, lasted more or less ĹŚr each before it began to skip the chain on the two largest alloy cogs. Those were used like 5% of riding time. Just wonder how the two under (8-9 speed) alloy cogs would behave over time?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by origo View Post
    Tried the sunrace 11-50t twice, lasted more or less ĹŚr each before it began to skip the chain on the two largest alloy cogs. Those were used like 5% of riding time. Just wonder how the two under (8-9 speed) alloy cogs would behave over time?
    The aluminum cogs on this cassette are thicker than the sunrace, but that doesn't mean much if the aluminum is different. Don't think anyone has long term info since this is new.

mtbr member
    Any news of your ZTTO cassettes?
    Are you still pleased with it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    Any news of your ZTTO cassettes?
    Are you still pleased with it?
    Welp, so far so good. It's been thru one race, and about 3 rides a week. The back pedal issue is getting better as the cassette wears in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Mine has been great. A lot easier on my knees. The Amazon review is BS. Unless you installed it incorrectly or did something crazy, I do not see any way you could cause this part to fail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mgalvez View Post
    Mine has been great. A lot easier on my knees. The Amazon review is BS. Unless you installed it incorrectly or did something crazy, I do not see any way you could cause this part to fail.
    The only way I think it could get damages like that is if you back peddle and it jumps a lot of cogs, then you peddle standing, and it jumps back on the last cog.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ok seeing as people have been having good luck and I was on a strict budget (be as cheap as possible without sacrificing reliability) to do a 29+ wheel set for my fat bike, giving this cassette a shot....

Since my fat bike is only 10s 11-42is the route I went. Fat wheels has the sunrace version.

In hand its not bad at all. Its not a shimano or sram cassette but I would call it competition for sunrace.

This build is for very light trail use (green XC) on rare occasion but more for paths, gravel, commuting etc because a road bike isnt for me. Tried for 2 years. Like wide tires. And Im a clyde. So the cassette will get a work out regardless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Use the 12spd Sram chain.
    Works way better on 11spd systems and prevents chain drop issues.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    In my case im using 11s chain on 10s system, doesnt the same thing. Just seems to work better especially at avoiding the drop issue.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Ok seeing as people have been having good luck and I was on a strict budget (be as cheap as possible without sacrificing reliability) to do a 29+ wheel set for my fat bike, giving this cassette a shot....

Since my fat bike is only 10s 11-42is the route I went. Fat wheels has the sunrace version.

In hand its not bad at all. Its not a shimano or sram cassette but I would call it competition for sunrace.

This build is for very light trail use (green XC) on rare occasion but more for paths, gravel, commuting etc because a road bike isnt for me. Tried for 2 years. Like wide tires. And Im a clyde. So the cassette will get a work out regardless.

Hey, did you have to lengthen the chain? Thanks

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    No because the cassette on my fat wheel set is also 11-42 10 speed, just sunrace instead of this off brand.. Everything is the exact same between wheels except the rear hubs. Which I wish I could have afforded a another rear hub that matches fat wheel so I didnt have to adjust caliper or derailluer when when swapping back and forth between wheel sets.

If your going a wider range in the rear (bigger granny ring) you will have to lengthen the chain, thats a given. I just matched things so I didnt have to.

mtbr member
    Yeah it's the same thing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    No because the cassette on my fat wheel set is also 11-42 10 speed, just sunrace instead of this off brand.. Everything is the exact same between wheels except the rear hubs. Which I wish I could have afforded a another rear hub that matches fat wheel so I didnt have to adjust caliper or derailluer when when swapping back and forth between wheel sets.

If your going a wider range in the rear (bigger granny ring) you will have to lengthen the chain, thats a given. I just matched things so I didnt have to.

So did you take this 11 speed cassette and just take a cog out to make it 10?

Or are you somehow mixing and matching?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I wasnít running the spacer in mine. Recently removed the cassette and installed the spacer and it shifts a little better after adjusting the cable. But I can go a full rotation of backpedal not without chain drop on the largest ring. Plenty enough to reset after a stall and get going again.

Probably 300 miles on it so far and loving it.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    So did you take this 11 speed cassette and just take a cog out to make it 10?

Or are you somehow mixing and matching?

11-42 10 speed cassette. They are all over the place. No mixing and matching required. 10s versions from sunrace has been around for 2-3 years now, was nice because I could get more range on my fat bike without upgrading drivetrain.

These guys just offer a the same cassette for almost $20 less than sunrace, hopefully since this one wont get hammered on it holds up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    11-42 10 speed cassette. They are all over the place. No mixing and matching required. 10s versions from sunrace has been around for 2-3 years now, was nice because I could get more range on my fat bike without upgrading drivetrain.

These guys just offer a the same cassette for almost $20 less than sunrace, hopefully since this one wont get hammered on it holds up.

Understood, this thread is about the 11 speed one, and the higher cost version.

The 10 speed they have is all steel, and 530 grams, which is nothing special.

That's why I asked.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Its not all steel (except maybe the cogs) and is the cheapest wide range cassette so far. So nothing special but its CHEAP.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Finally got out on the bike today!!! Cassette held up to 20 miles ride. A lot of shifting (Well at that) and a 200lbs masher. I think it will hold up well. It now comes down to long term wear. An E13 cassette apparently is good for 500 miles being aluminum. If we can get that for a third the cost...any more I'll be happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Finally got out on the bike today!!! Cassette held up to 20 miles ride. A lot of shifting (Well at that) and a 200lbs masher. I think it will hold up well. It now comes down to long term wear. An E13 cassette apparently is good for 500 miles being aluminum. If we can get that for a third the cost...any more I'll be happy.
    500 miles?!?

I usually try to get a few thousand...

Out spokin'
    500 miles?!?

My thought as well.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    500 miles?!?

Might luck out, but aluminum isn't going to last nearly as long as steel.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Few thousand on steel is doable. Aluminum I would be surprised if it makes it 1000 under the best of conditions (unless for road use not getting hammered on or covered in mud and such)

mtbr member
    Just the big 4 cogs are aluminum, depending on where you ride I'd think that a lot, if not most of the time would be in the steel cogs.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 9:ZERO:7
    '13 Trek Domane
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I remember this being in stock a week or so ago? How long was it out of stock last time?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I want to fallow for the feedbacks.
    I have 2 questions.
    I never have chain drops, is it because i am a lightweight?
    Those who regularly have chain drops is it due to the fact that they overstress their transmission shifting under too much pressure?
    Thanks.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The chain drop is during back pedaling on the biggest cog. Can happen to anyone

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I have this cassete and it works fine without any issue. I recomend!

mtbr member
    Does ZTTO have stoped the production of this cassette?
    I can't find it in their Aliexpress store anymore.

mtbr member
    "production"?

ZTTO is just one of many brands that sell those cassettes. They seem to come from a single source which I yet have to find.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...57&needQuery=n

Listed as "Bolany", "BIKECO", "SUNTURE" ( lol ), "RISK" and "Rihui"

mtbr member
    You could be right.
    But I have seen a lot of products first on the ZTTO shop long before other sellers catched up.
    So ZTTO could be the producer selling them their own products, but who knows.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    You could be right.
    But I have seen a lot of products first on the ZTTO shop long before other sellers catched up.
    So ZTTO could be the producer selling them their own products, but who knows.
    It's not really a brand or IP thing with Shenzen, it's an IP community. They all make the same product because they all share their IP communally. The differentiation is with their production and QC but that said they should all be quite similar.

mtbr member
    I think you are right.
    But the QC by ZTTO seems to be better.
    I saw other shops selling the same cassettes, but with bad reviews.
    In 5 days is a big discount thing on Aliexpress.
    I will by 1 of their gold 9spd cassettes for my workeday bike and one of their chains too.

mtbr member
    Last weekend I REALLY torture tested this thing. 50 miles and 7000 feet of climbing. It rained the first 2 solid hours and I spent the rest of the day slogging through the mud. Chain caked in mud and derailleur covered this thing shifted smooth the whole day. The drivetrain made plenty of unhappy noises, but it never skipped a shift or did anything crazy.

Once I got home and cleaned up the bike, the worst I can find it some missing paint from the cogs. Still in good shape. Still shifting buttery smooth now that it's all clean a fresh lubed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    FYI: I ordered one on Feb. 5th and have yet to receive it. Order status shows that it has been shipped, but tracking number provided seems to be invalid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    After waiting two months, I submitted a claim via PayPal which was found in my favor. Tracking number provided was bogus and item never shipped. I had ordered this thru AliExpress.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hwcn View Post
    After waiting two months, I submitted a claim via PayPal which was found in my favor. Tracking number provided was bogus and item never shipped. I had ordered this thru AliExpress.
    Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Who else has had shifting trouble with the ZTTO 11-50 and what have you done about it? I'm running a medium cage XT mech and shifters and can't get my tension right - enough to upshift cleanly and it hangs when I downshift, and vice versa. I used a longer B screw to clear the 50T and now it's being suggested that my pulleys are too far from the cassette and I need to do something about that.

I'm considering the Wolf Tooth WolfCage or Garbaruk derailleur cage, I'm curious if anybody else has had the same trouble and what your solution was.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Yootah View Post
    Who else has had shifting trouble with the ZTTO 11-50 and what have you done about it? I'm running a medium cage XT mech and shifters and can't get my tension right - enough to upshift cleanly and it hangs when I downshift, and vice versa. I used a longer B screw to clear the 50T and now it's being suggested that my pulleys are too far from the cassette and I need to do something about that.

I'm considering the Wolf Tooth WolfCage or Garbaruk derailleur cage, I'm curious if anybody else has had the same trouble and what your solution was.
    What about a goat link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yootah View Post

It's not really the cassette that's the problem, you got other/typical issues with going to a 50t cassette. B screw length only does so much, if you set it to clear the 50t you will find it is too far from the rest of the cassette. I'd start with a goat link for starters. You don't need a longer B screw with the goat link. Have you checked your hanger alignment or know if its straight?

For ex.
    XTR short cage RD with goat link, stock B screw.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post

mtbr member
    My XTR med cage shifted fine, til I bent the jockey arm on a rock/stump/something. Then had the exact issues you mention. Make sure everything is perfectly true before you start chasing your tail on shifting issues and attribute them all to the cassette.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    Have you checked your hanger alignment or know if its straight?
    My XTR med cage shifted fine, til I bent the jockey arm on a rock/stump/something. Then had the exact issues you mention. Make sure everything is perfectly true before you start chasing your tail on shifting issues and attribute them all to the cassette.
    It's a brand new mech but I have not checked the hanger. I'll start there, thanks fellas.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I personally think the m8000 needs a Goat Link or special cage for over 46t cassettes

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Hej all i purchased the ztto 11-50 9 speed.
    Ive installed it, quite good. Quite and responsive.
    Got one question though it does not change to the lowest cog, the derailer is hitting or touching the cog.
    I want to ask do i have to change the derailier?
    I have the longcage 9 speed.
    Any suggestions?
    Or any experience to share?
    Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

ZTTO 11 speed 11-50

Quote Originally Posted by mokong View Post
    Hej all i purchased the ztto 11-50 9 speed.
    Ive installed it, quite good. Quite and responsive.
    Got one question though it does not change to the lowest cog, the derailer is hitting or touching the cog.
    I want to ask do i have to change the derailier?
    I have the longcage 9 speed.
    Any suggestions?
    Or any experience to share?
    Thank you in advance.
    Goat link if you're on Shimano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I have a sram x7.
    The goatlink is not available in the country im staying.
    Will it work if i change the derailer?
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Apparently I need to add one of those Park hanger alignment tools to my box - the hanger was definitely out of whack, and that tool is a pretty slick way to calibrate it. Good call, you guys that recommended I check that first.

Fixing the bent hanger improved the shifting by an order of magnitude, but I still couldn't quite dial it in, so after an email consult with Wolftooth I pulled the trigger on a WolfCage. That flipfloppy mech pulley is a pretty neat idea. It took some fiddling with the B screw and cable tension to get it just right and there's not a lot of margin for error, but I've got it shifting up and down smoothly with only the occasional hang so I'm going to call it a win and go ride my bike.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong View Post
    I have a sram x7.
    The goatlink is not available in the country im staying.
    Will it work if i change the derailer?
    Thank you.
    Im not even sure how or why they make a 50t in 9 speed. They simply wont work worth a crap. If you can get it to shift onto the 50t the shifting is trashed on the rest of the cassette. SRAM 10 speed doesnt like anything more than a 42t. I know Im dealing with it right now. Had to mod the b-limit screw set up because it bent the screw and damaged the threads in the derailleur. And B-limit adjustment is very touchy. Just enough it doesnt bind or grind badly shifting onto the 42t otherwise shifting is garbage on the bottom of the cassette.

mtbr member
    I have one of these:

After grinding my ZTTO 11-50 - the cheapest model, I have stuttered and jump-cut my way through an in-depth review of it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    So mine has lasted 150miles I have 3 broken teeth. Won't be getting another one. I put my Sunrace back on and will decide on a new lighter option.

mtbr member
    So mine has lasted 150miles I have 3 broken teeth. Won't be getting another one. I put my Sunrace back on and will decide on a new lighter option.
    Do you have a pic of what teeth broke? What were you doing when it broke?

Thanks,
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 Trek Domane
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Do you have a pic of what teeth broke? What were you doing when it broke?

Thanks,

I was shifting on flat terrain. And hear a ping. Shifted into next higher gear. And heard another.ZTTO 11 speed 11-50-15272734557827542298469474647045.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	15272734557827542298469474647045.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	1199974

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    This is exactly why I refuse to buy light weight cassettes. I don't buy the cheapest and heaviest. I was thinking about this cassette to give me a bit more low range for climbing ( can't go lower on chainring since I'm using CAMO). But this reinforced why I stay away from overly light stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    This is exactly why I refuse to buy light weight cassettes. I don't buy the cheapest and heaviest. I was thinking about this cassette to give me a bit more low range for climbing ( can't go lower on chainring since I'm using CAMO). But this reinforced why I stay away from overly light stuff.

I put my almost worn Sunrace back on and am amazed how nice this cassette shifts.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Right now in on a sunrace 11-46 and except for the step up to the 46T is a little narrow I have 0 complaints. It's on its second season and it's been flawless the except the backpedal issue which seems to exist on any set up I have tried.

Though I just put a dt 350 hub on a few weeks ago and now about to do first ride with 36t star in it. Maybe better engagement not lower range is what I need.

I was really hopeful though about another budget cassette option but seems sunrace is all we have right now unless we want higher weight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Right now in on a sunrace 11-46 and except for the step up to the 46T is a little narrow I have 0 complaints. It's on its second season and it's been flawless the except the backpedal issue which seems to exist on any set up I have tried.

Though I just put a dt 350 hub on a few weeks ago and now about to do first ride with 36t star in it. Maybe better engagement not lower range is what I need.

I was really hopeful though about another budget cassette option but seems sunrace is all we have right now unless we want higher weight.

Sunrace pretty much solved the backpedaling issue on 11-50 cassettes. I'm on a Canfield Riot so the short stays dont make the best chainline and I can backpedaled it.

mtbr member
    I was shifting on flat terrain. And hear a ping. Shifted into next higher gear. And heard another.Click image for larger version. 

Damn! Iíve got about 1000 miles on mine and itís still going strong. 205# rider with a few rides that had 5000+ feet of climbing. Been a champ so far! Wish they werenít out of stock everywhere.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Damn! Iíve got about 1000 miles on mine and itís still going strong. 205# rider with a few rides that had 5000+ feet of climbing. Been a champ so far! Wish they werenít out of stock everywhere.
    I'm the same weight. And I've been careful with it. My rides are more rolling and technical so I'm all over the cassette a lot.

mtbr member
    Ali Express has them, I searched for ztto or "11-50t ultralight". Shipping takes a bit, but the price is right, and I haven't been scammed yet. I've had good luck with the sunrace cassettes as well off of Ali Express.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    So the real weigth is 363 grms?

Seller says 350 for ztto,even with pixtures of it.
    Other sellers with different brand same cassettes says 363-367.

Is the ztto then different than the other chinese competition?
    Last edited by srmanuel; 06-05-2018 at 02:39 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm about 170 lb, have had several good rides on the cassette so far. I'm not sure about mileage, but I haven't had any wear/breakage issues so far.

Shifting is good for the most part, if I rated my last shimano cassette as a 10, I would rate this one as a 9. Once in a while the shift will take slightly longer. There is one area toward the middle of the cassette where there is a slightly larger jump than I'm used to with my previous 11-42 cassette, but it's not terrible. Overall, I'm happy so far.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 Trek Domane
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Hi, I am the international sales manager of ZTTO components.

I was shifting on flat terrain. And hear a ping. Shifted into next higher gear. And heard another.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1199974Click image for larger version. 

About the quality problem, since it's an super light weight cassette, we can't avoid it to break, but we provide warranty, please contact us on both amazon or aliexpress, we will send you a new product right away.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I am the international sales manager of ZTTO components. If anyone met anything like a quality defect, please send us some pictures by where you buy them, and we will provide you a new product without any questions asked.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hi, I am the sales manager of ZTTO components, I am in charge of aliexpress and amazon. ZTTO is our own brand. We own the cassette factory and we have to sell them to other distributors to keep the factory running. We also own an air suspension factory.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by QingchenHuang View Post
    Hi, I am the sales manager of ZTTO components, I am in charge of aliexpress and amazon. ZTTO is our own brand. We own the cassette factory and we have to sell them to other distributors to keep the factory running. We also own an air suspension factory.
    Thank you.
    That is good to know.
    Is there any chance that you will make a 11-46 version of your super light cassette in the future?
    I would be very interested in having one.
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    About the quality problem, since it's an super light weight cassette, we can't avoid it to break, but we provide warranty, please contact us on both amazon or aliexpress, we will send you a new product right away.
    I just inquired through Amazon where I purchased it. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Thanks for standing behind your product. I've been running this 11-50 without any problems so far.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 Trek Domane
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Thanks for standing behind your product. I've been running this 11-50 without any problems so far.
    OK, if you see any problem or have any suggestions, please contact us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

always a trade off on weight, quality, wear, price: Have a suggestion

There's always a trade off on weight, quality, wear, price. Sounds like this doesn't make the cut on wear vs price at this weight for hard MTBR use. There is no point in shaving weight to the point it breaks easily. However, I really like the concept and shape and look, particularly the spiders. But it looks like it needs to be TT, or other super hard alloy, certainly not alum. Of course that means $$. You have something promising going on here, I'll keep an eye. BTW, I'd like to see it in a wide road group...11x36..with those cut-outs please. Perhaps a better target market for this??

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    A year ago i bought a used bike with a no name frame. All the components are the best, the transmission is SRAM 11 speeds OX1 with a 10-42 cassette wich i love. It came with a 32 in the front and i replaced it with a 28. When that cassette is used i could get this 11-50 with my 32 front, would i need to buy anything other than a chain? Would the same shifting quality be maintained? I am a light rider more in endurance than power so it would probably last me a long time. I just prefer to stay away if it gets me the feeling of a so so transmission. Now i have a 420% ratio, a wider one would be nice but it is not a must for me, i would appreciate testing it for fluidity.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgranola View Post
    There's always a trade off on weight, quality, wear, price. Sounds like this doesn't make the cut on wear vs price at this weight for hard MTBR use. There is no point in shaving weight to the point it breaks easily. However, I really like the concept and shape and look, particularly the spiders. But it looks like it needs to be TT, or other super hard alloy, certainly not alum. Of course that means $$. You have something promising going on here, I'll keep an eye. BTW, I'd like to see it in a wide road group...11x36..with those cut-outs please. Perhaps a better target market for this??
    We are now developing a 11 speed 11-34t cassette for road. But not super lightweight, we will consider your advice and try to develop a road version of this.

mtbr member
    We are now developing a 11 speed 11-34t cassette for road. But not super lightweight, we will consider your advice and try to develop a road version of this.
    May I ask what the name ZTTO stands for?
    I'm just curious.
    My guess, it has something to do with a family name.

mtbr member
    You are use it with the Eagle derailleur, right?
    I think a lot of those cassette failures came from the usage of an unsuitable rear derailleur that simply can't handle the 50T well.

For the Eagle of course the 50T are nothing, so playing around with the B-screw is not needed.

mtbr member
    You are use it with the Eagle derailleur, right?
    I think a lot of those cassette failures came from the usage of an unsuitable rear derailleur that simply can't handle the 50T well.

For the Eagle of course the 50T are nothing, so playing around with the B-screw is not needed.
    Yep, I'm using an eagle derailleur and an X1 11 speed shifter. It was pretty easy to set up and once I got it dialed in I haven't had to mess with it. You might be right about the standard 11 speed derailleurs not having the range being the problem for some.
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 Trek Domane
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Yep, I'm using an eagle derailleur and an X1 11 speed shifter. It was pretty easy to set up and once I got it dialed in I haven't had to mess with it. You might be right about the standard 11 speed derailleurs not having the range being the problem for some.
    Glad to hear.
    To my knowledge, the only 11spd derailleur that officially is suited for 50T is the Box Two X-Wide.
    Kind of wanna try it out, but I don't need it

mtbr member
    My GX 11sp derailleur works great with the ZTTO lightweight cassette and has lots of B screw adjustment left.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    May I ask what the name ZTTO stands for?
    I'm just curious.
    My guess, it has something to do with a family name.
    It's just a name. No special meaning about it, any other brands with meaning already been registered by other company. Before I join the company, it's a pure domestic company and don't do export. I established the business of aliexpress and amazon selling. I used to running a small bike shop and knows English.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast