Ride Everything

Yokozuna cables/housing?

Anyone using these? I saw them on the Universal Cycles site, and am wondering how they compare to Jagwire's cables/housing.

http://www.yokozunausa.com/
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Having quite a negative experience trying to order cables direct from Yokozuna's online store. Placed an order about 2.5 weeks ago. Firstly, be warned they don't keep the stock availability up to date in their online store. A week after placing my order, they contact me to tell me the cables I ordered weren't actually available, would I like another color? That was 10 days ago now. Still no indication the order's been processed much less shipped. That's a far cry from the 2-3 day order to shipment time frame they advertise. Poor communication from this company all around. If I ever actually receive these cables, I sure hope they live up to the hype.

mtbr member
    There is nothing special about them. Pretty standard cables and housing. The stainless brake and shift cables are of good quality. The housing is good and lead free, but again, nothing special.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    about the worst cables I've ever used. seriously. Brake and shifter housings both kept "peeling" the outer wrap and had to recut or grind off with dremil every few months or the wire would spread and bend into the inner moving cable causing really bad drag. I even got a 2nd set thinking I'd had some issue I didn't see during install.. those got thrown in the garbage a month later and replaced with good old Jagwire ripcord...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I've had Yokozuna cables and housing on my commuter bike for 4+ years now, haven't changed them out at all and they work flawlessly (road disc, sram force shifting). The bike was ridden daily in Portland, OR and has about 9k miles on it and countless hours parked outside in all weather. I keep thinking at some point I should do a cable change, but the bike still shifts smoother than either my mtb or my road bike that has nokon housing.