mtbr member

XX1 Gripshift Problem

I installed XX1 brand new and I attach the derailleur cable and give the grip shift a hard crank and I feel that the indexing go away. It worked fine in the box.

I take off the cable access cover and the flat spring that works the indexing is coming out the cable access hole. Oppps.

I take the grip shifter apart to see if I can fix it and I played with it for a while to see where the spring goes and I have no idea. It should be obvious.

I bought it on Ebay, so it may be a pain to warranty it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've read several other people having similar problems in other threads. Mine has an extremely annoying rattle (the plastic cover on the shifter body is loose and rattles around) but so far after 4 rides it's still functioning. I am concerned about it though...most likely will die during a race I'm figuring. Love the XX1 concept, but as usual I'm not impressed with SRAM feel and quality.

mtbr member
    The shifter is off to get warrantied today.

I have always found triggers from both SRAM and Shimano to be reliable with a good feel.

I have X0 Gripshifts on another bike, but I dont think Gripshift will ever have the same crisp feel.

I went with XX1 Gripshifters because they are lighter and I thought that they would have a clean look on the bars.

formerly Giantxc

Re: XX1 Gripshift Problem

--- Never mind, just realized you're talking about the grip shift version ---

You can adjust the actuation point on the XX1 shifter. I had the bolt that governs the adjust come a bit loose and 8 could push the trigger without action. Tightened the bolt and it was fine'

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    On a good note, XX1 is nice and light. My build is 18.2 lb right now.