mtbr member
    Jul 2005

XX1 gripshift with Ergon grips?

The new XX1 gripshift uses an integrated lock on grip to mesh with twist part with the rest of the grip. I want to run Ergon grips with XX1 gripshift so I'm wondering if the shortened Ergon Twist grips will work or does if have to be the SRAM integrated grip only?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ya im wondering the same thing, i have not seen any. I have seen the older ones used with two o ring type washers. I thought the xx series grip is intagrated from sram. Maybe someone has made a ergo option but i have not seen anything like that promoted.

Anyone else hear of any ergo options for the new sram grip shifters?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    And too add to that, these grips are 250 dollars so im sure they are not a high volume selling item.

Im wondering how durable these things are, ya they are neat and smooth but do they last?

The old style were all cheap plastic and broke when too cold or got badly gummed up if not kept super clean.

I guess time will tell. But ya they are way way over priced.

Ergon Bike
    Our GripShift specific models (GP1, GP2, GP3, and GP5) are not specifically designed to work with the new XX1 Gripshift shifter, but with that said, riders are using them. What you need to realize, as of the 2013 model year, is we don't offer the integration tabs as found on the SRAM grips (see image). Also, for the new XX1 GripShift set up, you need to order the Nexus/Rohloff configuration of which ever respective Ergon model you choose. This has a full length left grip and a short right side grip for the GripShift.

XX1 gripshift with Ergon grips?-sramgripshift-3.jpg

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Jeff K/Ergon, thanks for the detailed reply! I look forward to trying it out!

mtbr member
    New 2104 twistshift from ergon

ERGON BIKE ERGONOMICS
    www.Chain-L.co.za
    Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er 2
    Cannondale CAAD9 Ultegra
    On One Inbred 29er Rigid SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    This is the model that my wife and I are using and they work great! Gripshifts come w/ an insert for using regular grips if you don't prefer the SRAM grips that come with them. In the past I have cut down Ergon grips to fit our gripshifters (2x and 3x setups) and since the bolt to secure the grips to the bars is on the outside end with nothing on the inside it worked very well. We love our Ergons and our Gripshifts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain-L View Post
    New 2104 twistshift from ergon

ERGON BIKE ERGONOMICS