mtbr member
    Feb 2008

XX or X.0. 10 speed trigger shifters and rear derailleur?

I am anxiously awaiting my first 29er frame, and have begun researching the build components. I have deceided to go 2 x 10, and have narrowed the shifters and rear D to either XX or X.0. The XX is a little lighter, but probably a little more fragile as well. Also not sure I like the torx required to adjust the XX compared to a allen for the X.0. The XX features cermaic bearings in the jockey pulleys compared to straight SS cartridge bearings on the X.0. The XX has a unique p nuckle movement as welll, refered to as eccentric to allow for the 36t cassettes, don't think the X.0. swings that way. Anyone have experience with either? Thoughts?
    Thanks

74 & 29 pilot
    If your a weight weenie, then XX. If you like your money, then XO. They are the same performance otherwise. I tried the XX on a Remedy 9.9 for about 8.5 miles and loved the XX 2x10. I'm upgrading to all XO on my Fuel EX 9.7 with a 3x10 system.

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    With X.0. 10 speed being so new, the 2 group sets are pretty evenly priced. I am going 2 x 10 for sure, with the narrow q factored XX getting the nod for crank duties.