So I'm building a fatbike in preparation for some Alaskan Winter riding and want to use a Dura-Ace 10spd SL-BS79 bar end shifter I have mounted to a Paul Components Thumbie. I also have a never used XTR 10spd Dynasys RD-M981 rear derailleur laying about but I am aware of the issues involving the dynasys series components with basically anything else out there. So... here are my questions:
- Are there any mods out there to make my Dura-Ace bar end shifter work with my XTR Dynasys Derailleur? If so, could you provide links and/or diagrams?
- If there is no hope for my shifter, are there any other bar-ends that I could use? If not, is there any shifters out there other than the normal dynasys trigger shifters I could use (I hate trigger shifters for cold riding)?
- Can I use any XTR 10 spd Cassette or must I use a dynasys specific cassette?
- I want to run a 1x10 drive train with a non-sloping front chainring - is this possible or must I find some dynasys specific front ring?
- Will I need a specific 10spd Dynasys Chain?
- Why'd Shimano go and make so much trouble for me?
Thanks for any help you can offer (if any one out there has any XTR 10spd non-dynasys equipment maybe we could swap). Cheers!
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »