mtbr member
    Jul 2005

xtr adj to work with bashgaurd

I have the Shimano Front Derailleur FD-M960, I just put on a bashgaurd. I had to take off the big ring, so my question is:
    Can i set my derailleur so that it is not possible for me to shift onto the big ring?

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr33
    I have the Shimano Front Derailleur FD-M960, I just put on a bashgaurd. I had to take off the big ring, so my question is:
    Can i set my derailleur so that it is not possible for me to shift onto the big ring?
    Yes. Dial in the high limit screw on the derailleur. It's the screw on top closest to the frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Yes. Dial in the high limit screw on the derailleur. It's the screw on top closest to the frame.
    So its the farther screw on the top pictured here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    from this photo of my front derailleur its a tad too high since you can see my chain and all, right? The chain is on the middle ring here. do i lower the entire derailleur or is there an adj screw that would lower it that much?

Last edited by mtnbkr33; 02-21-2006 at 01:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Well no replies but i went ahead and lowered my deraillure. I lowered it as far as i could and it is now sitting just above where the weld starts on the bottom of the seat tube. It is lined up now and shifts perfectly. My question now is, as long as i dont overtighten the deraillure on the seat tube, do i need to worry about the tube cracking at all. Is there a limit to how low the deraillure should be lined up on the seat tube?