This is bat country.

XTR 960 on Hadley hub install

Hello - I just put the cassette body on w/o the rest of the cogs and noticed that there is a lot of wiggle room. It's like the freehub body on the Hadley is much smaller than the XTR spline. The rest of the cogs have similar play, but they each very...some are slightly better fitting than others. Do I have a bad cassette or a bad hub?
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

This is bat country.
    I noticed that the last cog before the lockring fits perfectly snug on the freehub body. I guess the cassette body was machined too large. Should I put it in for warranty or just exchange it? (bought it online) Thanks!
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker731
    I noticed that the last cog before the lockring fits perfectly snug on the freehub body. I guess the cassette body was machined too large. Should I put it in for warranty or just exchange it? (bought it online) Thanks!
    I just went through the same issue with my new Hugi cassette body & Shimano XT & XTR cassettes, They are all like that (Shimano).

Do yourself a big favor & do not let any Shimano cassette near, let alone touch your Hadley cassette body as the Shimano will wear out the splines in less than one season.

Just get an SRAM, they have much tighter tolerances.