mtbr member

XT shiters with ss cables Q

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-XT-Derai...item58860cf863

My question i have is would the 600mm reach the rear deralleur on a large size frame FSR ?

2004 S-Works enduro to be precise...

Ummmm ATTEN Mods i meant shifters

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You either need a metric tape measure or a conversion calculator. 600mm = 23 5/8 inches.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr
    You either need a metric tape measure or a conversion calculator. 600mm = 23 5/8 inches.
    sounds like that wouldnt even reach a front derailleor ...

what are the sugegestions on were to get cable housings if i get a set of shifters with the ss cabels included ?

ups and downs
    Those are intended for the run between the shifters and frame cable stops and then the shorter pieces is the RD loop. If you want to run full length rear derailleur housing just go with some bulk cable housing from your LBS or from these guys.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Those are intended for the run between the shifters and frame cable stops and then the shorter pieces is the RD loop. If you want to run full length rear derailleur housing just go with some bulk cable housing from your LBS or from these guys.

Sounds cheaper to buy shifters with cables and then cable housing vs shiter pods and then geting a good set of shifter cable set ?

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S

Sounds cheaper to buy shifters with cables and then cable housing vs shiter pods and then geting a good set of shifter cable set ?
    What makes sense in the long run is buying bulk housing and cutting it to length, just like shops do. You will need tools to cut the housing to size, which is the bulk of the expense in doing your own (and you may already have sufficient tools, depends on your tool collection). Buying precut housing in my book is a waste. Some shifters come with housing and cables, some don't. Running full length housing is even better in my book.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    What makes sense in the long run is buying bulk housing and cutting it to length, just like shops do. You will need tools to cut the housing to size, which is the bulk of the expense in doing your own (and you may already have sufficient tools, depends on your tool collection). Buying precut housing in my book is a waste. Some shifters come with housing and cables, some don't. Running full length housing is even better in my book.

But then again is this anygood since i have nothing for brake set up yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JAGWIRE-HYPE...item19b93663b5

AZ
    banned
    Good choise , sets for both shifters and brakes included.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Good choise , sets for both shifters and brakes included.
    Just got an exact kit with free shipping for 26.99 So i saved a bit from the abouve prev link

Hope there good LOL