mtbr member
    Jan 2004

XO Twisters and Hope Brakes?

I'm thinking of setting up my front der to use XO Twisters, so I'll have left side twisters and triggers on the right side. Are there any clearance probs w/ Hope Mini levers? I thought I've heard in the past of the levers being interferred w/by the bulbous part of the XO body.

Any experiences out there?

pronounced may-duh
    IMO twisters make it vary hard to reach the brake levers period. Doesn't matter what brand of brake levers.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    IMO twisters make it vary hard to reach the brake levers period. Doesn't matter what brand of brake levers.
    i respectfully disagree.......i think it matters on the size of the hands. i have zero problems myself but acknowledge this as being one of the potential issues with twist shifters. having said that, the Magura Louise FR levers are perfectly matched, for any size hand, to work with twist shifters.

Having a nice day!
    I switched from the X9 triggers to X9 grip shifters a few months ago and I have been thoroughly pleased. The shifting action is just so true it is amazing, although I have found lately that RD problems will mess with any shifting. As for the brake levers, I have the Avid brake levers and have had to adjust my technique to more one-finger breaking for the most part. No big deal at all. If I get in a situation where I feel I need two fingers on the lever, I simple slide my hands in a little (and I meand very little) and problem solved.

To me, the twist shifters are relatively low cost as far as components go, and are a worthwhile experiment even if you don't grow to like them. To be honest, I switched not so much because I didn't like the triggers, but because I kept breaking them. That I have enjoyed the shifting features of the grip shifters has been an added bonus. The braking aspect is personal preference. I didn't mind adjusting my braking style, but you might.

Good luck!

chips & bier

No problems here

I'm running X.0's and Hope Minis. The levers are long enough for my Fox size 10 hands.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Another with no problems

I run mono's with XO twist shifters with no problems on shifter clearance or lever reach.