Thread: x-type trouble

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

x-type trouble

Hello,

I have a trouble in my raceface evolve xc x-type crankset. It donīt spin properly without chain, the spinning isnīt smooth. What is the way to solve it?
    Please, I need my bike for tomorrow because Iīm going to take part in a race.
    Ride or die.

neutiquam erro
    You aren't giving much info to be able to help you out.

It sounds like your bearings need servicing or replacing, assuming everything else is "put together" and torqued properly.

Look at your RaceFace instructions to make sure that it's all assembled properly. If you don't have those instructions, Enduro has an good tutorial you can look up here.

Cheers, Chris

Eat me.
    Jun 2006
    If it's new, they don't spin as well as ISIS BB cranksets. Live with it.

Of course, if you actually have the same problem I had:

I accessed the bearings in the BB following this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...racket+service

Although there was grease in the bearings, the grease was stuck to the inner side of the rubber seal. THERE WAS NO GREASE ON THE BEARINGS THEMSELVES!!!!

So after greasing properly, they are a little smoother, but they still don't spin as freely as ISIS. Does it matter??? No. With the chain attached, the drivetrain don't spin freely anyways.

Of course, if you are racing tomorrow and you screw this up today, then you're not racing tomorrow, are you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for your both answers, the link is great

The spin wasnīt smooth in a little way but I thought maybe I will feel it during the race. I didnīt do nothing and next day in the race I didnīt think about it. After the race, I tried to spin the chankset and it spinned much better. Maybe the solution of the problem is ride in a race during 50kms

I think the cause of the problem was some water inserted into the bearings in the last hose cleaning and after the race the problem solved itself by the use.

Iīm going to revise the state of the bearings in my repair shop.
    Ride or die.