mtbr member
    Jan 2008

X-7 triggers... Internal schematics

The spring fell out when I was replacing the cable and I don't know how it goes back. Can someone guide me on how do to so or post a pic showing the proper placement. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If you could post some pics of the spring and shifter, it would be helpful. I had one of those apart a few months ago and managed to get it back together. There's more than one spring, and I don't know which shifter you're working on (right or left). Please provide more details.

Also, for future reference, you should be able to install a new cable without disassembling the shifter. There's a little screw in plug that you push the cable through. You've got to have the shifter in it's highest gear (smallest cog). Don't feel bad though, that's the reason I had one apart too
    If you don't crash, you're not going fast enough...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    yeah i've installed a new cable numerous times on mine by unscrewing the plug, this is my bros. I unscrewed the plug and the cable that came installed was jammed and twisted around some of the parts on the inside, which is way I unscrewed the entire thing(this was brandnew out of the box). I ended up just sending I back for a replacement. Thanks for the help.