mtbr member

X.0 vs. X.9 Rear Shifter

Is it worth paying a little bit extra to get the X.0 over the X.9? Both have zero loss travel. I'm upgrading from X.7 and it will be shifting an X.0 RD. I do like the bling factor of the X.0 and would love a red one to match my cassette and RD but not sure its worth the extra cash.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    more worth it to spend $ on XO shifters.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    I have owned both x7 and x9, noticed no differences between those two. I have ridden others' bikes equipped with x0 shifters and the feel is definitely better. Definitely more of a quicker click with the x0's, it also shifts with a shorter lever throw.
    2006 Turner 5 Spot
    2007 Trek 2100 ZR

Rip Van Winkle
    Do it!!! then get the shifter upgrade. You can then have spares, see very logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891
    29 inch wheels are a crutch for riders with sub-par skills.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    Is it worth paying a little bit extra to get the X.0 over the X.9? Both have zero loss travel. I'm upgrading from X.7 and it will be shifting an X.0 RD. I do like the bling factor of the X.0 and would love a red one to match my cassette and RD but not sure its worth the extra cash.
    Functionally they're both the same. Whether you want to pay more for the bling or not is up to you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Twist? Trigger? What shifter are you asking a question about? I assume trigger.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    Twist? Trigger? What shifter are you asking a question about? .
    I am amazed anyone gave advice without asking this question first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    Twist? Trigger? What shifter are you asking a question about? I assume trigger.
    Sorry, didn't think about that. Trigger shifters.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Restoman
    Do it!!! then get the shifter upgrade. You can then have spares, see very logical.

What's the shifter upgrade you are talking about? X.7 to X.0? I didn't clarify I guess but I already have an X.0 RD powered by X.7 triggers. I'm wanting to get X.9 or X.0 triggers as an upgrade.