I want to switch to a 1x10 setup and Iíve been reading lots and Iím ready to buy the parts I need but Iím not 100% sure Iím picking the right parts. If someone could let me know if what Iím planning to buy will work, thatíd be great.
I currently have:
- 2009 Yeti 575
- Shimano XT cranks
- 2x9 setup, 24-32 front, 11-34 rear
- SRAM X9 shifter and derailleur for the rear
Iím planning to buy:
- Shimano XT M771 10 Speed Cassette - 11-36
- Shimano XT M786 Shadow+ 10 Speed Rear Mech - Medium Cage
- Shimano Deore XT HG94 HGX 10 Speed Chain - 114 Links
- Shimano XT M770 10 Speed Trigger Shifter - LH Front
- Wolftooth 104 BCD x 30T ring up front (Wolftooth site says ďthe 30T chainring is threaded and has a 48 mm chainline. All other rings have 50mm chainline.Ē, Does that make any difference for me?)
Iím happy to consider other front rings than the Wolftooth if there might be a better option for me. Iím tempted to go with a 28T in the front as I have a lot of steep climbs around here (Whistler/Squamish/North Shore) and my legs arenítí the strongest but maybe a 30T will be fine and just make me stronger. Also, is 104 BCD the correct size for the front ring?
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 4 of 4