mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Who is Running "Belt Drives"..!?!? I want some for my tandem

Just thinking out loud, but I will love to replace the "Timing" rings and chain (the ones that goes from the Captain to stocker cranks) for a nice and quiet belt drive, since timing chains don't shift or suffer from any misalignments sound like they will be optimal for such a porpuse.

Anybody ever see something like this or even better have experience running one on their single bicycle or tandem..!?!?

Thanks

Ricardo

On MTBR hiatus :(
    I know that Spot's "Carbon Drive" isn't the only game in town, but will probably be the most accessible stateside. However, they're starting out with only two choices in belt length -- presumably more to come at a later date -- and I'll bet that we're out of luck for something long enough for a timing chain. I like your thinking, though!
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    I know that Spot's "Carbon Drive" isn't the only game in town, but will probably be the most accessible stateside. However, they're starting out with only two choices in belt length -- presumably more to come at a later date -- and I'll bet that we're out of luck for something long enough for a timing chain.
    I saw a bike made by The Incredible sycip Brothers but I can not find it on their site.

They were using the new type of belts. release at Interbike last year (Don't remenber the brand)

I need to ask some friends for the catalogs and contact the companys.

I like your thinking, though!
    well I think they have a huge wide open market in front of them since at tandem require a very stable, straight and hopefully quiet, trouble free operation drive.

In my eyes, hi performance belt and tandems are made for each other.

Plus If I ever get to make my G-Boxx tandem with Independent pedaling drive, the whole thing will look like a "Volumetric compressor" from a madmax movie with all this belts, running around and No chains.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    I know that Spot's "Carbon Drive" isn't the only game in town,
    Nate thanks for the Hint..

I found a nice write up at Spot's site about the Belts

And from their site I found the carbon drives Company Site with much more Info, but also run on stupid "Flash"

They system looks very sound, well made and also compatible with most cranks and hubs, from what I understand..

I want some.