mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Upset Who makes twist shifters?

What companies make twist shifters? I currently have a set of xt dual control levers/shifters, and i cannot stand them. I want to be able to grab and dump through my entire range in 1 motion
    I want a mid to high end twist shifter set for use with an 9 speed xt drivetrain. Sram has the xo but its for use with esp shifters, is there any other company in the world that makes them? I know the esp has shorter travel, so is there a company out there that has an pulley/adaptor that will allow the use of esp on shimano?

Mtbr

Sram Attack

Check into the Sram Attack twist shifters. I believe that they will work with a shimano rear deraileur. Cambria Bicycle Outfitters carries them and has more info for you. Hope this helps.

sadly, like the element
    Sep 2004

mtbr member
    Do your research about SRAM shifters. I think some of them will not work with Shimano Components.

College Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve030687
    Do your research about SRAM shifters. I think some of them will not work with Shimano Components.
    correct. Make sure you get the ones that say Shimano compatiable or a 2:1 ratio on it because Shimano rear Derailure run on a 2:1 while SRAM Rear derailure use a 1:1

I ride bikes
    Apr 2006
    SRAM Attack and Rocket
    2006 Giant Trance 1