Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

White Industries Has Big Problems

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  azultoyou 
#1 · (Edited)
I love White Industries parts - especially their cranks, chainrings, and especially their freewheels. However, for the 3rd time (100% of all my purchases), it is taking over two months to receive!! This is either direct or via online suppliers.

Is anyone else experiencing this? So frustrating :madmax: I think I have to go to an alternative supplier.

#3 ·
Geez, so they blow because their little ma and pa operation can't keep up with demand?:rolleyes:

Go shimano if you want to press a button and have your stuff tomorrow. A lot of stuff is out of stock this time of year as the 09 stuff drys up and the 2010 stuff starts rolling into suppliers/distributors/retailers, etc. Try to find a formula R1 disc or a Hadley hub atm.

#4 ·
rockman said:
Geez, so they blow because their little ma and pa operation can't keep up with demand?:rolleyes:

Go shimano if you want to press a button and have your stuff tomorrow. A lot of stuff is out of stock this time of year as the 09 stuff drys up and the 2010 stuff starts rolling into suppliers/distributors/retailers, etc. Try to find a formula R1 disc or a Hadley hub atm.
Unortunately, yes. :sad: This is not an end of the year event; this has been an all year event... first purchase in Feb. (I said 3x's above but this is actually the 4th event) and cusomer service is a very important part of the purchase to me. I think that this is more than keeping up with demand; too much - something is wrong.

#5 ·
azultoyou said:
I love White Industries parts - especially their cranks, chainrings, and especially their freewheels. However, for the 3rd time (100% of all my purchases), it is taking over two months to receive!! This is either direct or via online suppliers.

Is anyone else experiencing this? So frustrating :madmax: I think I have to go to an alternaive supplier.
They have always done right for me. If I am ordering my first question is "Do you have it in stock?" If not they usually can give me a time frame.

#6 ·
shiggy said:
They have always done right for me. If I am ordering my first question is "Do you have it in stock?" If not they usually can give me a time frame.
First of all, I have toned down my post title... "blows" for those who don't know me comes off a bit harsh.

I have however gotten the run around from them directly and through their retailers. "It needs to be polished....", then three weeks pass prior to shipping; The retailer (a trusted one) can not get firm response from WI as to when it will ship, it actually ships close to four weeks later. Two actual scenarios... very concerning.

I do not have a personal beef with WI; my hope is that they will get this very real and sincere feedback and fix their issues because I am a fan of their products but am close to my limit.

I love the power of a strong forum... love to hear WI's response.

#8 ·
Monte said:
then why not ask them personally, instead of throwing them under the bus.
That's BS...

The bottom line are the results regardless of their response. However, I have spoken to them - directly and indirectly through the retailers, they did not deliver as promised.

One of many strengths of forums is to improve the industry through honest and open feedback. This is not a personal attack... maybe it will help them improve. I have heard from those I have tried to purchase from that other customers are just requesting their money back due to the long delays. Are we suppose to have our bikes OOS for weeks or months waiting? Do you think WI wants this - to lose this buisness? If anything, this post is meant to help them improve. Throwing them under the bus would be to lie to them and say all is OK.

#9 ·
azultoyou said:
Throwing them under the bus would be to lie to them and say all is OK.
no, that would be something different. "Throwing someone under the bus" specifically means airing out your personal problems with someone for everyone else to see

I can't say that your problems don't exist. But I think you can probably get a more complete answer if you gather your information and try to get in contact with a manager about the real situation and why it has happened repeatedly. You should have some leverage a good repeat customer. Then you can give them a better chance to remedy a situation too

#10 · (Edited)
boomn said:
I can't say that your problems don't exist. But I think you can probably get a more complete answer if you gather your information and try to get in contact with a manager about the real situation and why it has happened repeatedly. You should have some leverage a good repeat customer. Then you can give them a better chance to remedy a situation too
This is an excellent and accurate point. But in my life (like many others), with family, work, school, wanting to ride, etc. it is not the highest priority. I just don't seem to have the energy to pursue all cases of poor customer service - though debatable since I am complaining about it on this forum! :smallviolin: Since I do like WI products, maybe I should do that. The one WI rep that I have spoken to directly on the phone did not represent them well, though, I doubt there is a true management structure because I sense that they are quite small.

#11 ·
boomn said:
no, that would be something different. "Throwing someone under the bus" specifically means airing out your personal problems with someone for everyone else to see
btw, I view throwing someone under the bus as a way to sacrifice some other person, usually one who is undeserving or at least vulnerable, to make personal gain... clearly not my intent. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.